No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Sasse was really concerned about them having a more effective communications strategy, he could try to communicate thier concerns. Or just tut tutting.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I forgot about this, but it's worth mentioning again -- CK actually wore a Fidel Castro shirt (with Malcom X on it, too) while criticizing police brutality. Yeah, he ain't the spokesman.

Also, Alejandro Villaneuva currently has the #1 selling NFL jersey. Should last for a day. Heh.
      Last edited by iam416; September 25, 2017, 02:22 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What they don't actually get is that if they are letting the protest morph into an anti-DJT protest. Players are now shitting on the national anthem to, more or less, sling poo back at DJT. He's won.

Football is way more of a red state sport than blue state. And I think the fans are particularly happy with the players expressing their dislike for DJT via the anthem. That doesn't sit well.
        Interesting take.

If I were advising Trump, I'd tell him to make this the first time he says "I'm wrong." Apologise for hurting football by bringing politics into the sports arena (like CK did). Then ask that everyone who wants to have an open and free discussion stand up for the anthem next week, because, hey, this is the USA and we celebrate diversity of opinion. At least you would get the Steelers out of their locker room.

Comment

• Regardless of the situation...the NFL is digging it's own grave.
          I think so

Comment

• Yes, hanging on by a thread.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911711539815702529[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/912424167621971969[/ame]

Iranian state television released video footage Friday claiming to show the launch of a new type of medium-range ballistic missile, a few hours after it was displayed during a military parade in Tehran.

Comment

• Ha!
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...11539815702529

Iranian state television released video footage Friday claiming to show the launch of a new type of medium-range ballistic missile, a few hours after it was displayed during a military parade in Tehran.

The stupidity is unmatched.

Comment

• Fox & Friends holds greater sway over this Presidency than anyone in the national security apparatus. Just think about that.

Trumpcare 3.0 is going down in flames with Susan Collins becoming a firm NO. Cassidy's fellow Senator from Louisiana (Kennedy) says its time to give up and move to tax reform. And what's Trump doing this evening? Watching CNN and attacking a FAKENEWS story...and attacking the NFL yet again.

Comment

• So, I'm flying combat missions off the North Vietnam coast in December 1972. Just prior to this, both sides were talking at each other, not to each other in Paris ..... such arguments about the shape of the table and who sat where were on the top of the list of negotiable items. Nixon was President.

I don't think there is any doubt that his administration worked to undermine (delay may be a better term) the peace talks. The goal was to give him more bargaining power with the North after his re-election. How all this went down is really not well understood and historians argue about what the story really was.

Regardless, in Decmber of 1992, the North was ready to negotiate. The reason for this, and I was seeing the SITREPS, was that the North was tired of getting the living shit bombed out of them. Their industrial base and infrastructure had been reduced to rubble. 100s of thousands of North Vietnamese had perished either in direct combat or as collateral damage. The HoChiMin Trail, a major supply route to the South for the North's operatives both regular army and covert had been defoliated with Agent Orange and exposed to bombers. Easy pickings day or night.

Going back a few years, the North initially came to the bargaining table in '68 after several iterations of "Rolling Thunder." These operations went on continuously for 4y. Not much ever happened between the three sides (US, the North and the South) in those early days. They did stop when it appeared the North might begin serious bargaining. That never happened. So, Rolling Thunder progressed to Operations "Linebacker and Linebacker II" undertaken from May 1972 to December 29th of that same year. I was a part of this operation. Those two operations, it was widely believed, drove Hanoi to the bargaining table with, for all intent and purpose, hat in hand. The North offered very favorable terms to end the conflict.

The 2 month long, on and off again negotiations were filled with confusing statements for frustrated, tired of the war Americans from the US government. I wasn't hearing any of that. What I was hearing was that what we were doing (bombing) was going to end the war. History reveals that the negotiations were a huge cluster fuck. I think Burns will cover this. So, I won't but leave it said that if the South had not been the fly in the ointment in December of 72, there would have been a favorable settlement for the US and a fair one for the North. That would have made it much, much harder for the North to finally invade the South in 74 and achieve their initial objectives undertaken in the 50s to unify all of Vietnam.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• No one seems to be able to explain why Chad was added to the list of banned countries (they are both a US and French ally and have sent troops to fight alongside us in anti-Al Qaeda operations)

Chad, a staunch US ally that has sent troops to battle al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and Boko Haram, was a surprising addition to Trump's new travel restrictions.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Not that many care ...but I think cops across the country made up three types of people: Good cops, bullies with badges and racists/sexists/anti-someone... I believe the first group is the majority. I believe the last group is the smallest and a tiny %. I do think bullies with badges make up a large minority. They are the ones who spit chew down your car door to intimidate you and your family (including small kids)... they are the type who always feel intimidation or escalation is warranted.... they are the ones who beat after the chase is done, shoot and ask questions later, have difficulty defusing.

I think our bigger problem is we have many bad cops in districts that are not considered dream destinations.

I also agree with the protests by the players but suggest their avenue of expression is diluting their message. Sometimes it is better to change course than fight the tide. My dad always told me you can't stop a charging herd by standing in front of it. But you can guide it from the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by entropy; September 25, 2017, 06:52 PM.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• As has been discussed in here recently, the culling mechanisms in LE are broken. Too much closing of ranks and quiet shuffling of poor officers to other departments when egregious behavior occurs.

Additionally, LE resources are very inefficiently employed due to their localized nature IMO. Urban districts struggle with coverage and response times while surburban districts are often over-policed in my experience. It may be time for a broad push for consolidation of resources at the county level, or perhaps state, to better serve all and improve overall performance.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Glad to see this admin is getting right on this Puerto Rico disaster. Bill should be in front if Congress the 1st or 2nd week in Oct. NO RUSH you worthless fucks!

Comment

• Really interesting stuff Buchanan. Thanks for the post.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X