X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Fastest in 3 years!!!

Who was President 3 years ago?
    0bama was, and it lead to his peak annual GDP growth as president... of 2.6% in 2015. Lack luster. Trump is at 2.53% and thats with the shitty 1Q 2017 of 1.2%.

Do you think Trump will beat 0bama's all time high in his first year? (I do)

Comment

• From CNN's State Dept reporter.

[ame]https://twitter.com/MichLKosinski/status/936346915071029250[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/MichLKosinski/status/936349258457939969[/ame]

Comment

• I've been thinking about this question of why did Putin favor either candidate in the 2016 election that our friends her on the right keep asking our friends here on the left to answer...... (1)and frankly, I'm not even sure I've framed the question that's being asked correctly. I think you have to add and if so, for what purpose?

(2)First, if I have framed the question correctly, it is an immensely complex one with a ton of subtleties
        . (3)It certainly is not a question that can be answered on a forum such as this with one line answers. (4)The reason for that is I don't think we really know 1 full year into the Trump presidency.

(5)Second, how the question is asked has to be answered in the context of the complexity of international relations and I'm not sure anyone here is qualified to deal with that. I'm certainly not.

(6) This is one of them. It seems to me that the point the right in this forum is trying to make is that Trump cannot be guilty of collusion with the Russians to get him elected because the Russians didn't want him to become president in the first place.

(7)Taking that position as the right seems to be doing here reflects an exceedingly superficial view of the complexity of interactions between sovereign states and for what purpose Putin might have wanted either candidate elected or not elected president. In particular Russia and the members of the NATO Alliance. It also neglects the economic drivers of international relationships between various countries and those of individuals who have financial interests that are either harmed or helped by the state of relationships between the several countries that might be involved in that scenario.

(8)So, maybe, I don't get it but it seems to me that Hack, among others, not being particularly interested in answering that question, or engaging in debate with parties on the right who post here reflects that they understand there is not a simple answer and that the context within which it might be answered is varied and complex.

(9)I'm trying to be an honest broker here. Not taking one side or the other. So, don't kill the messenger.
        Jeff, I have utter disdain for your absolutely alt-left positions on all questions that come up in this forum. You are not yet an avowed Marxist, but you are the next closest thing. I also have utter disdain for you as a "moderator" who is always trying to shut down debate when things are not going your way. That's been happening a lot tonight (not going your way). I believe the phrase is "landing Haymaker after Haymaker...."

1. I'm not even sure if you know what you mean by saying this. I think you mean that this issue is too complex for the progressive mind to contemplate. When one supports BLM in the way you do, I just presume that "MOTIVE" has ceased to matter to alt-left hacks when they consider criminal conduct.

2. Yup, complex question. Got it.
        3. Yup, complex question. Got it. Can't be answered with one line answers. Got it. What about one line questions like "Why would Putin want trump to win over Hillary, given what the two were promising?
        4. Well, you called Trump and Junior traitors less than one year in. Maybe you are saying that Trump has done nothing to help Russia, but just give him time. BTW, How exactly does a booming US economy help Russia? Oh, That's right, it is too complicated.
        5. Too complex. Got it. I agree with you that you are not capable of dealing with the question.
        6. Yup. "The right" thinks that motive is an element in crimes. I listed six or seven ME foreign policy victories for Russia or their Syrian or Iranian clients that happened under Obama and Hillary. How about you putting your thinking cap on and thinking of anything positive Obama did in the foreign policy field. I thought not!!
        7. Too complex. Got it.
        8. Hack thinks it is too complex for him to answer. Got it. You are probably right. IMO Hack won't answer because there is no sensible answer, or at least he is unable to find one on HuffPo or Buzzfeed.
        9. Honest broker. Too complex. Got it.

"Too Complex" is the entire executive summary of all your words. Hack gets paid by the word, so I don't call him out when he uses paragraphs to say when a couple of words might suffice, but I wholly enjoyed it when Kapture called hack out on it. Gibberish is gibberish unless you are being paid by the word.

How about Kapture, crash and myself start listing the reasons that the Russians should have preferred a continuation of the Obama-Hillary foreign policy. Or maybe why the Russians should have preferred the Obama domestic policy. Easy. No problem. Even Wiz will come up with five before he says "STFU".

You don't want to talk about common sense because you know this Trump-Russia nonsense has been documented in Shattered. The two people who wrote the book adored Hillary, and Hillary asked them to document the campaign. This Trump-Russia thing was concocted after the election as an excuse for Hillary losing. Eyewitnesses.

Jeff, what you and hack and all the progs here have is a hatred of a victorious presidential candidate who wants to drain the swamp. What that means in middle-America is limiting the imposition of taxes and regulations that impact the 20% of the population that pays 95% of the taxes and is sick and tired of supporting a bunch of losers who seek equality of outcome.

And my question is most assuredly not too complex.

Comment

• TL;DR. Get a fucking editor

Comment

• Cant make this shit up. If you live around Detroit you have had to put up with this (ex con) excrement from a human being for years. Race card never gets old.

DETROIT - Monica Conyers was not happy Wednesday morning when she confronted reporters outside her Detroit home.

Her husband, Rep. John Conyers, returned to Detroit on Tuesday night amid more calls for him to resign amid multiple sexual harassment allegations.

"Why dont y'all go and stalk white people's houses."

"Do you just come to the black neighborhoods and stalk our houses?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              I will say, I like a lot of what Geezer posts. It's interesting stuff and I like a fair interchange of opposing views which he frequently is involved in but on this matter, I'm a bit frustrated.
              There's a version of Geezer, that, when he shows up, is a great person to have an exchange with.

Comment

• If you want to drain the swamp you sure as hell don't hire Paul Manafort or Mike Flynn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  ATTENTION HACK

He's naming names already and guess who is directly implicated??

Gold trader Reza Zarrab said during an Iran sanctions-busting trial Thursday that Turkish President Recep Erdogan told two Turkish banks to move Iranian money.

ANOTHER GULENIST PLOT!
                  Better fire another few thousand academics quick! Start talking about ``the interest-rate lobby''. Or maybe he could just tweet at the wrong Theresa May and talk about Hillary?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    Well, well, another dodge. Hack, you have avoided that question like the plague. I was raising it all during the campaign if you recall.

Hack: Why would Putin prefer a Trump Presidency to a Hillary Presidency, given what the candidates were proposing?

DSL:

What I trash about Mueller is that, at last count, he has hired 16 lead investigators/lawyers most of whom donated to the Democrat party. He has hired zero Republican-affiliated lawyers. Comey admitted that Comey said the things he said in order to force the firmly progressive Rothstein to appoint a special counsel. The Dems and the Never-Trumpers got that done because we have an ignorant pussy as AG.
                    So Manafort and Flynn are almost certainly criminals heading for prison time. Tillerson's about to be canned. Price was already fired. You apparently think Sessions is a 'pussy' (guess he's not a real Republican anymore). He's fired a Chief of Staff and a Press Secretary (call them resignations to salvage their pride). He's fired two communications directors, and a third had to resign because he'd knocked up a campaign aide.

Yet you no doubt still think Trump has an incredible eye for talent and surrounds himself with 'only the best'.

BTW, what's your evidence for Rosenstein (that's his actual name, btw) for being 'firmly progressive"?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      There's a version of Geezer, that, when he shows up, is a great person to have an exchange with.
                      I've never seen it.

Comment

• Not all bad news, this thug from Youtube fame gets prison. I 'almost' wish I was there when he did this.

Man who sucker-punched man with cerebral palsy gets prison, crys like a baby

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4mu8kd_Uyk"]Man With Cerebral Palsy Sucker Punched - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• He does exist. Haven't seen him since the election though. I think that's caused a bit of a rewiring.

Comment

• BTW, what's your evidence for Rosenstein (that's his actual name, btw) for being 'firmly progressive"?

He just called Buchanan a Marxist (and for all we know Buchanan is probably also a Gulenist). I wouldn't expect much here.

Comment

• I have a late relative who would have gotten a kick out of this Conyers nonsense. She claimed John Conyers was gay and Monica was a beard.

Comment

• I was kinda hoping that this whole "Conyers is in the hospital" bit was a ruse so that he could resign "for health reasons" or whatever. But it's starting to look like he really ain't quitting. Expel him if he won't go.

Comment

Working...
                                X