Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Hahaha. Dothan has a great microbrewery called Folklore. It is out in the middle of nowhere. Christmas lights strung everywhere, cornhole, card games, board games, fire pits, a dog run.

They make a great selection of beers and mead and have some guy out there grilling burgers. Just a great place. It's my favorite place in Southeast Alabama.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...n_Alabama.html
    Uh huh huh huh....you said cornhole...uh huh huh huh....
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Terrible.

Comment

• GTFO
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I am fine with the Midwest not subsidizing Seattle. Does that mean that Seattle can stop subsidizing the Midwest then?
          Well, Talent's chart shows the Midwest subsidizing Washington state, so there is that.

But I agree with Talent wholeheartedly, let's let each state take care of its own. We can start by block-granting Obamacare back to the states. SLF, is it really worth paying a million dollars for a home just to avoid living near poor people?

Comment

• I just got an email from a nephew who works for AT+T, and he was notified today that he is part of the 200,000 employees getting $ 1,000 bonus checks to celebrate the passage of the tax reduction.

winning

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Remedying Houston's damage incurred from a 100 year flood is way easier than creating middle class housing in California. Anyway, it's destined for a statewide barbell distribution and that's fine. Or rather, I don't really give a flying fuck.

I'll go ahead and buy a 3500 square foot monstrosity complete with badass pool and pay for my increased home insurance rates. You can take what I'm spending and pick yourself out a nice 1BR apartment in Santa Monica or a studio in San Francisco.
              Depends on where exactly in Santa Monica, but the 1 br is the easiest call of 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                Well, Talent's chart shows the Midwest subsidizing Washington state, so there is that.

But I agree with Talent wholeheartedly, let's let each state take care of its own. We can start by block-granting Obamacare back to the states. SLF, is it really worth paying a million dollars for a home just to avoid living near poor people?
                First, the City of Seattle subsidizes the rest of Washington state as well. It would be interesting to see it broken down by district.

Second, what is and what is not included in that chart and how is it allocated? Are wages paid to soldiers stationed at JBLM included? What about costs of equipment used at JBLM? That's completely unclear.

As to your "living near poor people" bullshit, you should ask yourself why you are such a dick during advent.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• "Faux Christian"...or, Christian.

Comment

• He can't help it, he's always been that way.

Comment

I just got an email from a nephew who works for AT+T, and he was notified today that he is part of the 200,000 employees getting $ 1,000 bonus checks to celebrate the passage of the tax reduction.

winning
                      But that can't be true...Savannah Guthrie said so...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I just got an email from a nephew who works for AT+T, and he was notified today that he is part of the 200,000 employees getting $ 1,000 bonus checks to celebrate the passage of the tax reduction.

winning
                        Voodoo Economics!
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• As to your "living near poor people" bullshit, you should ask yourself why you are such a dick during advent.
                          Read Talent's article from the LA Times. And I actually have invested my own money into land in CA and have subdivided it, so I know the truth of that article. There is almost unlimited demand for what I'll call "regular housing", but the state and local land use regulations force a developer to devote 30-45% of a development to low-income housing.

SLF, you may need your teddy bear tonight again, but regular working folks like to live in homogeneous communities of people who are in their same general socio-economic situation. That is a contributing reason why you pay a million dollars for a house in Seattle-so you don't have to live near the poor. That is also why low-income housing placed within average housing developments cause the value of the nicer homes to decrease, even if they are saleable.

And, a factor that I have found unique to CA is that the bureaucrats have to be self-sufficient in funding. That means a given county's Permit and Resource Management Department has to charge fees large enough to pay for the department's operation. I suspect even you progs can see where this might cause problems.

Comment

• "Homeogenous" communities, haha.

Comment

• STFU
                              shaddup
                              GTFO

...in that order...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• In truth, urban dwellers are the real salt-of-the-earth, heartbeat of America types. They cram themselves in small spaces for finite rewards because they aren't afraid of things that are ``too urban'' and haven't been coddled into thinking they can sit and wait for jobs to come to them. Without people like that, willing to grind it out under tough circumstances on behalf of the lazy racist fucks who WON'T move to where the jobs are, we'd be well and truly fucked.

Comment

Working...
                                X