Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kapture1
    what's the matter? feel uncomfortable being on the side that sent Iran billions to prop up an oppressive Islamic regime over the will of people desperate to be free?
    The US did not give Iran $150b so, STFU with your fly by non-sense.
    Jeff, could you show in Kapture's post where he specified $ 150 Billion? Would the $ 1.7 Billion in non-US currencies count? But of course, that was just for the Mullahs.

How would a President who stopped a prosecution of Hezbollah in order to lick the boots of the Iranians
    POLITICO Investigation: An ambitious U.S. task force targeting Hezbollah's billion-dollar criminal enterprise ran headlong into the White House's desire for a nuclear deal with Iran

Kapture's point was that you progs talk a good game, but when it comes to supporting a state that (now) makes its women wear head-to-toe veils, you are OK with that. You are hypocrites all. That's what Kap was pointing out. That is what caused your vile reaction to him. Kap is smarter than you'll ever be, and a moderator should not be personally attacking a poster without some form of provocation (apart from the moderator simply being alt-left)

Comment

• Lol, shut the fuck up sleaze. You're a bible thumper, the king hypocrite of hypocrites.

The fact that Jeff is a mod is less than meaningless.

Comment

• This comes as the same time as the administration's enabling of dangerously destabilizing actions by Saudi, which is even fucking worse than Iran. Of course the backdrop to all this is the president's son-in-law trying to sell US foreign policy outcomes to the Saudis in exchange for a private investment in his family's real-estate venture. And, somehow, for some people all of this can be explained away with with one obvious-nonsense meme.

You keep on speeding up in your race to the bottom, Geezer.

Comment

• Being a Mod does not disqualify Jeff from having opinions, or expressing them in great detail.

Too much broad brushing going in here IMO. Its one thing to froth about Trump or PROGS! or whatever horrible people hold different opinions, but to claim the people in here make you ill just silly. If that is true, you need to get out more...Left, Right or Center.
          Last edited by Wild Hoss; December 31, 2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Very great detail...
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• For the record, women and cover-up clothing in the middle east is a pretty complex thing, and your statement about "head-to-toe veils" is not accurate. In fact, in Iran women have made an art of pushing the boundaries. You can see it here in this photo, which Google Images says is from yesterday:

She's got that headscarf pushed back over her forehead and is displaying a relatively shocking amount of hair. So are several other women in the picture. They are forced to cover up by the state, and that's wrong, sure. Iran's regime is awful and we should all want it to fall. But, just to be clear, a huge amount of pushing of the envelope is tolerated. In most Muslim countries the culture itself enforces a much more strict interpretation of the hejab and there is no need for the government to step in.

Comment

• "Kap is smarter than you'll ever be..."

ROFLMAO. I'm beginning to think Kapture is simply a Geezer sock puppet.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• You can also see the outline of breasts in that photo, and, laugh as we all might here in the US, a scandalous amount of forearm.

This is not to say that the Iranian government is tolerant. It probably is more close to a reflection of the balance of power between government and elites. If the government thought it could get away with enforcing a more restrictive standard it probably would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                    "Kap is smarter than you'll ever be..."

ROFLMAO. I'm beginning to think Kapture is simply a Geezer sock puppet.
                    LOL!

Comment

• This should give people a pause. The feds were investigating someone who searched via his phone ISIS, weapons, surveillence tactics, and body armor. Mixed emotions on that - kudos for being vigilant, but very concerned that mere internet surfing can make you a federal target.

This is what scares me about what I perceive as law enforcement over reach - "Duncan was arrested Friday on charges that he allegedly destroyed a thumb drive that authorities say may have contained evidence of criminal activity."

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Geezer, in response to your question about showing you where Kapture mentioned $150 billion, there is something going on with his original post that I can't prove if it happened or not. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.

So, I'll just leave it at that and only mention I'm usually not that careless.

It's also worth noting that during Trump's campaign the figure of $150 Billion being given to Iran by the Obama administration as a quid-pro-quo for the Nuke Deal was a more than once mentioned meme by DJT.

Whether the words DJT used in the context of his criticism of the Nuclear Arms deal with Iran were "billions" or "150 billion" doesn't make a difference. The principal issue being raised is manipulation of the facts by DJT and his people to suit a particular narrative. The link provided in my post provides the facts surrounding this claim and proves it unsupportable by those facts.

The second issue raised is the silliness of fly-by posts not only by Kapture in this case but also by Trumpsters in general. I find them reflective of a superficial understanding of complex issues and moreover reflective of a lack of willingness to try to thoughtfully understand them. The world is not as black and white as the extremes of political view-points on both sides wish it were. JMO.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Being a Mod does not disqualify Jeff from having opinions, or expressing them in great detail.
                          True. But the personal attack on Kapture is uncalled for. Just state what you believe and post supporting articles. Don't just attack the person.

Comment

• Hoss... the voice of reason. We are doomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              Geezer, in response to your question about showing you where Kapture mentioned $150 billion, there is something going on with his original post that I can't prove if it happened or not. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.
                              It didn't, you are hallucinating.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X