Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGVT:
    This is disingenuous and silly. It is not that anyone (or many) are incapable, it is that it should be very easy to vote in this country. People don't do things when they are difficult to do.
    Froot:
    I would say other or maybe poverty rate. If they want you to go to the DMV to get a voter ID and you don't have a car, it's a big burden. It was a burden to get my daughters driving permit and I have a car a flexible schedule, it took two trips. If you are in one of the counties in Alabama that shut down the DMV for bugetary reasons it makes it hard.
    Tell me again. Is it because poor black people are too stupid or too lazy to get ID? Sounds like you two are tending to the too lazy side of the argument. No?

And froot, you were able to get the permit. Proof positive that anyone can do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      I used the term honorable. If that doesn't meet the criteria of your own lexicon, please feel free to replace with the word of your choosing.
      Like, say, "dishonarable"?

Seriously, you seem to be genuinely a very reasonable person politically, so I don't take what you say about him lightly. To me it looks like he's lying through his teeth up there. He may be one of those true believers in his cause that is so convinced in the justness of it that he feels entitled to lie and cheat in the service of it. I've known plenty of religious people like that, and more than a handful of lefty do-gooders who grant themselves the same. Though it's all the more worse in the name of religion -- people like that feel entitled to cheat and lie often because they imagine themselves morally superior, and in doing so prove the opposite.

Anyhow, the description you offered sounds a lot to me like Mitt Romney. Seems, by political standards and the eyeball test, to be a guy that really believes in what he says and who lives by his own stated rules. Sessions does not. JMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        CGVT:

Froot:

Tell me again. Is it because poor black people are too stupid or too lazy to get ID? Sounds like you two are tending to the too lazy side of the argument. No?

And froot, you were able to get the permit. Proof positive that anyone can do it.
        Fuck off you fucking piece of shit bigot.
        Last edited by froot loops; January 4, 2018, 10:28 PM. Reason: Da Geezer is a racist bigot

Comment

• Hack,

Whatever works for you, man. I do not like Sessions' politics or his position on many things. I do trust him, however, to act consistent with his ideals, I have never thought that he would reverse his path for ease or expediency or personal gain. I think that he thinks he was being honest to Congress. And I think he will give you what he thinks is the truth when asked. For example, when asked if he believed the women or Roy Moore, he said he believed the women even though he could have easily dodged answering. Ditto his refusal to act as Trump's protector and going against DJT with the recusal.

But it's all academic. He has the job until Trump forces him out (which won't be long).
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Fair enough. Thanks the thots.

Comment

• That's a great thing, Bannon is a piece of shit, always has been. His lips have always been firmly planted on the ass of any rising star from Breitbart to Palin to Bachmann to Trump. He's a self aggrandizing leach, and the media has given him way more clout than he has ever actually had. In fact the importance the media has always claimed Bannon had came solely from the leaks that Bannon was dropping to members of the NY Times and other outlets during the campaign and from the White House to make him seem more important than he was. Trump's bitchslap was 100% spot on. Notice the leaks stopped when Bannon was fired? Notice that the WH ran more efficently without Bannon? Notice actual policy accomplishments took place after Bannon left? Notice the great governance (if you were a conservative) in the last three months vs during Bannon's entire tenure in the WH? Bannon made the mistake of believing the myth about himself (that was self created) that he was President Bannon, and that he was the leader of the Trumpian movement. He will not be at Breitbart within two weeks time. He will be left with nothing, no power, no perceived power, no website, no pull... nothing but his polo shirts and his 20,000,000 Goldman Sachs dollars.
              Excellent summary of a conservative's view of Mr. Bannon. Basically a megalomaniac and a leach. WSJ in tomorrow's edition has a front page article on Bannon's relationship with Breitbart News. First three paragraphs:

President Donald Trump?s growing feud with Steve Bannon is threatening the former White House strategist?s leadership of the conservative Breitbart News website and upending Mr. Bannon?s plans to wage ?war? on party incumbents he deemed insufficiently loyal to the White House agenda.

Mr. Bannon?s longtime benefactors, billionaires Robert Mercer and his daughter Rebekah Mercer, are actively distancing from him even before the expected release this week of a book that has roiled Messrs. Trump and Bannon?s relationship, according to two people close to the Mercers.

They and other Breitbart News Network LLC board members on Thursday were debating whether to oust Mr. Bannon as chairman, with many supportive of the move, according to a person familiar with the exchanges. Among the considerations are Breitbart?s contractual relationships with other entities, including Sirius XM radio, that involve Mr. Bannon.

Comment

• Its hilarious how Chump diminishes Bannon and his roles now, yet put him on the NSC Principals Committee, privy to some of the USA's most guarded secrets. Being a loose cannon blowhard, it's surprising he hasn't blurted anything out. I wonder if the other 'deep state' members correctly assessed him immediately and closed him off from certain subjects? Its not like Bannon wouldn't use information for his own self-interest.

Which brings me to Chump's most recent twitter tirade about 'button size'. "...and mine works!..." (implying Kim's won't). Did he just tell the North Koreans that based on communication intercepts and telemetry data, we know about failures and/or flaws that can make Kim's ICBMs vulnerable to intercept? (Thanks for telling us Donny! We'll use subs instead!) He needs to just STFU.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  Its hilarious how Chump diminishes Bannon and his roles now, yet put him on the NSC Principals Committee, privy to some of the USA's most guarded secrets. Being a loose cannon blowhard, it's surprising he hasn't blurted anything out. I wonder if the other 'deep state' members correctly assessed him immediately and closed him off from certain subjects? Its not like Bannon wouldn't use information for his own self-interest.

Which brings me to Chump's most recent twitter tirade about 'button size'. "...and mine works!..." (implying Kim's won't). Did he just tell the North Koreans that based on communication intercepts and telemetry data, we know about failures and/or flaws that can make Kim's ICBMs vulnerable to intercept? (Thanks for telling us Donny! We'll use subs instead!) He needs to just STFU.
                  Dems and the media get this entriley wrong it's crazy.

Trump is trying to persuade N Korea to get them to do what he wants. The way to do that is to pace and lead that person. Pacing would be to talk to the leader of N Korea in the language he deals in, language he understands, which is why it sounds to odd to hear a US president talk about fire and fury unlike the world has ever seen. It's pacing, and it's working. North and South have opened up diplomatic conversations for the first time in 2 years, the sanctions Trump got China to agree to are working, and he spent a massive amount of time cultivating a close relationahip with China and South Korea, and Japan.
                  While the left is chortling and freaking out, we will see more success in dealing with N Korea than any other president with Trump.

For someone missing this, you are missing one hell of a show. Sad!

Comment

• Does anyone remember Kapture or Geezer bashing Steve Bannon or Trump's decision to make him a top staffer before the past 3 days?

Comment

• Someone at the White House is telling reporters they may try to get Katie Walsh fired from the pro-Trump SuperPac, America First. Because she talked to Wolff for the book back when she was Reince's Deputy.

The problem with this is that it's illegal for Trump or anyone at the White House to be exerting control over a SuperPac

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Does anyone remember Kapture or Geezer bashing Steve Bannon or Trump's decision to make him a top staffer before the past 3 days?
                        You didnt know me during my never Trump Ted Cruz supporting days. I've never been a fan of Bannon.you will not find where I've ever supported Sloppy Steve.

Comment

• Froot's boy K-Dub from a few years ago on legalized pot as it relates to Colorado-Nebraska issues (I found it pretty interesting--K-Dub is a libertarian, so...): https://www.nationalreview.com/nrd/a...19304/high-way

This isn't in there, but what I forgot about the Federal laws re pot is that the Supreme Court upheld Congressional authority to enact those laws as "affecting interstate commerce" -- applying the same contorted Williard logic to authorize Federal action into nearly everything. So, some dude with a few ounces of pot in his own home with no history or likelihood of interstate drug trafficking is subject to Federal law. Pretty fucking bullshit, but that infinite authority of the interstate commerce clause has been enshrined.

Obama opted to ignore federal law. This isn't a question of interpretation or otherwise -- it's usurping Congressional authority. Sessions is now enforcing it. I don't particularly agree with Sessions, but the law is the law. I find it hard to fault him too much for enforcing Federal law.

I'd encourage Congress to reconsider its drug laws -- or at least marijuana laws -- to account for recent developments. You know, follow the fucking legislative process.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Froot's boy K-Dub from a few years ago on legalized pot as it relates to Colorado-Nebraska issues (I found it pretty interesting--K-Dub is a libertarian, so...): https://www.nationalreview.com/nrd/a...19304/high-way

This isn't in there, but what I forgot about the Federal laws re pot is that the Supreme Court upheld Congressional authority to enact those laws as "affecting interstate commerce" -- applying the same contorted Williard logic to authorize Federal action into nearly everything. So, some dude with a few ounces of pot in his own home with no history or likelihood of interstate drug trafficking is subject to Federal law. Pretty fucking bullshit, but that infinite authority of the interstate commerce clause has been enshrined.

Obama opted to ignore federal law. This isn't a question of interpretation or otherwise -- it's usurping Congressional authority. Sessions is now enforcing it. I don't particularly agree with Sessions, but the law is the law. I find it hard to fault him too much for enforcing Federal law.

I'd encourage Congress to reconsider its drug laws -- or at least marijuana laws -- to account for recent developments. You know, follow the fucking legislative process.
                              Naw, members of Congress are too busy grandstanding on Twitter over the AG doing his job to be bothered to do theirs.

The laws should be changed, need to be changed. The AG has the authority to remove marijuana from the drug schedule, 0bama's AGs didn't do it, it should fall back on congress to do it.
                              Last edited by Kapture1; January 5, 2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• And I'll repeat: After Richman did his survey and his study, and then started verifying respondents claims, he was only ever able to find 5 people who voted illegally. Out of 19,000.

2014 study based on 2008 election

likely those numbers are much higher

I mean just look at the number of identity thefts occurring every years starting in 2008 compare it to the data we have the last few years

I guarantee those numbers 5/19000 from 2008 are getting higher every year
                                Last edited by crashcourse; January 5, 2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X