• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaaaaand Google is filled with literal cucks

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Lit take.
      I suppose I could snowflake over corporate culture instead, but we got got that covered.

Comment

• Snowflake is about cowering in the face of words. It doesn't usually extend to actions. You know -- lol @ the snowflake crying over the 'microagression' but NOT lol @ the snowflake crying over getting punched by the nazi.

As far as I can tell, the complaint isn't about attending your precious diversity meetings, it's about the actual actions people take against you, be it blacklisting or termination.

But, whatever. You're a PROG. I get it. Ends always justify the means. Always.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There is a situation where both James Damore is a self-important blowhard who overestimates his worth to a company and Google having a toxic culture that discriminated against him. I don't know the guy but I thought his memo was weak, I just read it again and that didn't change. I have never worked for Google so it's hard to comment on their culture, some of the stuff he had in that court filing definitely shows some weird stuff but that has to be fleshed out more.

From my POV most of these corporate initiatives have their originate from something that happened at the company previously. Maybe someone more qualified got passed over because of race or gender. You get sued enough and you start putting programs in place to make it at least look like you are trying to put an end to it.

Comment

• Naw, they're just a bunch of cucks
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• There is a situation where both James Damore is a self-important blowhard who overestimates his worth to a company
              Yeah, we disagree on that. I mean, I guess writing a memo about ways to improve the company's diversity approach in response to a forum that specifically solicited such comments makes you a self-important blowhard, then so be it. I disagree.

I'm quite sure Damore didn't want to get publicly ostracized and fired. Once that happened though, his behavior is predictable and commendable.

but I thought his memo was weak
              And I'm sure you have the capacity and intellectual honesty to discuss is points and explain to him why you think it's weak. That strikes me as the normal response and recourse.

In any event, the utter bullshit of diversity will march on and steamroll all those who dare question its rationale. The Google "culture" is or will very soon be the American "culture." Is what it is.

Comment

• I think it already was before. Things are OK behind closed doors until public sentiment makes them not OK. That's not new. We're always going to have a larger degree of herd mentality than is ideal. Which is one strong argument in favor of education. The country could be led by a bunch of random idiots, or a bunch of random educated idiots. Easy choice, IMO.

Comment

• I love #134 of Kapture's post about internal blacklists. At the multi-national corp I work for, every Project/Program manager (myself included) has a blacklist. Every large company has employees that are a cancer to group efforts, incredibly lazy, actively avoid responsibility, and/or ineffective brown nosers. Since I am in the position to pick and choose who is on my team, you better believe I have an "A" list and a "Z" list. I want the brightest, most motivated, and most thorough people. I have no time or need for those that have difficulty working with others or disrupt rather than facilitate.

It's completely coincidental that the "Z" list are all rightwing nutjobs. :^)
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Naw, they're just a bunch of cucks
                    Well, certainly the ones crashing at the office so that their wife and her boy friend can have the house to themselves lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                      I love #134 of Kapture's post about internal blacklists. At the multi-national corp I work for, every Project/Program manager (myself included) has a blacklist. Every large company has employees that are a cancer to group efforts, incredibly lazy, actively avoid responsibility, and/or ineffective brown nosers. Since I am in the position to pick and choose who is on my team, you better believe I have an "A" list and a "Z" list. I want the brightest, most motivated, and most thorough people. I have no time or need for those that have difficulty working with others or disrupt rather than facilitate.

It's completely coincidental that the "Z" list are all rightwing nutjobs. :^)
                      Take cancer to group efforts, incredibly lazy, actively avoid responsibility, and/or ineffective brown nosers and replace all of that with thise that engage in right wing wrong think, and you might see the issue.

Then again probably not because you think your worldview is THE correct one and anyone that disagrees are racist bigot sexist nutjobs. I would submit that you are the problem then.
                      Last edited by Kapture1; January 10, 2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Take a breath dude, the last line was humor. At work I couldn't care less about politics. My metric is bottom line performance. You could be a Trumpanzee (or worse, a knuckle dragging Ted Cruz nazi / elitist Nancy Pelosi Stalinist) but if you're the best person available for a specific set of tasks, I'm putting you on my team.

Politics is an after hours sport.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• However, Jon would do everything in his power to have you fired if he found out you rooted for Ohio State. Fair is fair.

Comment

• I couldn't tell you what the politics are of people at work. Most people keep to themselves on that because they are trying to get something done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                              Take a breath dude, the last line was humor. At work I couldn't care less about politics. My metric is bottom line performance. You could be a Trumpanzee (or worse, a knuckle dragging Ted Cruz nazi / elitist Nancy Pelosi Stalinist) but if you're the best person available for a specific set of tasks, I'm putting you on my team.

Politics is an after hours sport.
                              Not at Google, and that's the wole point of the topic at hand.

Comment

• "However, Jon would do everything in his power to have you fired if he found out you rooted for Ohio State. Fair is fair. "

Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X