Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
    political divisiveness.

example would be when he flew to Dallas to speak at the memorial of the cops murdered while protecting the BLM protesters, just to lecture America about racist cops in front of the families of those dead officers.
    Lol. What specific language was so divisive? I’m reading the speech now and he repeatedly points out that the police are overall good and brave and helpful to everyone.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Don't confuse him with the facts. You'll be subjected to idiotic memes created by his 8th grade classmates.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• This thread can and should aim higher. At first it was an interesting look inside a truly captured mind (pun intended), but that time has passed.

Comment

• Reeeeeeeeeeee!

Dammit
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm just frustrated because without all this nonsense Talent and I would be free to carry on our Important Discussion about venture capital and entrepreneurs.

Comment

• Have the French come up with a word for entrepreneurs, yet?
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Did I miss that one? !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  Lol. What specific language was so divisive? I?m reading the speech now and he repeatedly points out that the police are overall good and brave and helpful to everyone.
                  But America, we know that bias remains. We know it, whether you are black, or white, or Hispanic, or Asian, or native American, or of Middle Eastern descent, we have all seen this bigotry in our own lives at some point. We?ve heard it at times in our own homes. If we?re honest, perhaps we?ve heard prejudice in our own heads and felt it in our own hearts. We know that. And while some suffer far more under racism?s burden, some feel to a far greater extent discrimination?s stain. Although most of us do our best to guard against it and teach our children better, none of us is entirely innocent. No institution is entirely immune, and that includes our police departments. We know this.

He's at a memorial for 5 cops shot dead by a black supremacist.

There is a time and place to lecture America and police departments, but not at the memorial service, in front of the families of those dead cops that went to work that night to protect the protester's rights.

Comment

• Ok. I can see that. I still think read fairly, and in the context of the overall discussion I. The country, it was actually an attempt to contextualize that the two sides were not enemies, but were in fact aiming towards the same goals.

I think his point was that by demonizing and refusing to listen to the other side, extremeists can flourish to divide us. Which seems to be a thoughtful and nuanced postition, although maybe the timing was poor.

Comment

I don't understand how Trump should have known about crimes Manafort did or did not commit 10 years ago when no one else knew and it took an unrelated investigation to find them.

As for the rest, you are stating definitively that there was criminal activity with respects to the Trump Campaign in terms of collusion with Russia. It boils down to a cognitive dissonance... you believe so much that Trump is guilty, without any evidence, that it becomes real for you. Real as any fact. Real as the sun rising in the east.

Only it's not real.
                      Your mirror logic is really falling short

Comment

rather subjective, I thought 0bama did devastating damage, I'm sure you would disagree.
                        You critique on subjectiveness/intangibles

Then support your Obama political divisiveness theory by referencing his language during a single speech in Dallas.

The transcript hardly supports your claim, even if you were a stellar linguist who specialized in identifying subversive language.

On top of that, you critique Obama on general lack of tact/self awareness.

Obama can be criticized for plenty. Yours might be some of the laziest and backwards considering the lengths you go to defend DT

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          Have the French come up with a word for entrepreneurs, yet?
                          Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Did I miss that one? !!!
                          No, that was credited to Bush (probably not true, but funny none-the-less) and seemed appropriate here.
                          Last edited by CGVT; February 19, 2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                            You critique on subjectiveness/intangibles

Then support your Obama political divisiveness theory by referencing his language during a single speech in Dallas.

The transcript hardly supports your claim, even if you were a stellar linguist who specialized in identifying subversive language.

On top of that, you critique Obama on general lack of tact/self awareness.

Obama can be criticized for plenty. Yours might be some of the laziest and backwards considering the lengths you go to defend DT
                            I can give hundreds of other examples. Perhaps that was the most egregious example, race relations took a twenty year step back in 8 years from the Cambridge police acted stupidly, to if i had a son he would look like Treyvon. It didnt surprise me what he said in front of those families, but honestly i didnt think he would stoop that low. I thought it might be a chance to come together and he took yet another opertunity to tear apart.

Comment

• Again, if you approached his comments in good faith, I think you’d see they weren’t divisive. Arresting a distinguished Harvard professor for breaking unit his own house was stupid. And his son would be black. Why do you find either of those statements to be divisive?

Comment

• The PA Supreme Court released its new congressional map. There's a nice gadget in the article that lets you compare the Republican-drawn map with the court-drawn one.

Trump won 12 of 18 districts in 2016. Under the new map he would've won 10 of 18. All analysis I've seen suggests the Dems benefit from the new map. But it's also a lot more geographically coherent and compact, and fewer counties and cities are divided by district lines. Republicans will fight it but unclear how - the US Supreme Court already rejected their case. Lower level federal courts have no authority to overrule a State Supreme Court and the ruling was based on the PA Constitution, not the US constitution.

Comment

Working...
                                X