Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
    I wonder what % the last 5 years of life makes up, if 9% is just the last year.
    I'd have to look more closely at this but my gut says extending the period to 5y to see if that increased the total cost of "end of life care" wouldn't make any difference; it would also be hard to do as I suspect the basis of the 9% finding over a year time frame is based on figures that includes Hospice care. That data source may skew the results downward because Hospice care is cheap compared to expensive chemo that is intended to extend life. A good deal of the claims about extending life with chemotherapeutic agents is based on suspect studies and data from big-pharma. So, there is that.

But, you bring up a good point about the claim as it could be a bad take on a slice of data that is not completely representative of the actual cost of elder care that occurs after, say 75 or the cost of cancer care that occurs after 65.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I saw that after last night's terrible shooting in Toronto that mayor despicably offered his thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families. Who knew that the NRA had bought its way into the Toronto Mayoral Office?

To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I really have a hard time believing the last year we spend 9% of our health care goes on that.

closer to 25% I would guess looking at my own experiences

the cancers of the world caose an exorbitiant amount of money and are generally lethal.
        lung cancer liver cancer pancreatic cancer our extensive in their cost and the morbidity

long term hearth care faclities are generally 5-10000 thousand dollars a month and the average stya in a nursing hoime is about 13 months I believe--theres a good 100,000 dollars each patien who winds up in a nursing home is going to pay--and that doesn't count the running back and forth to dr.s appointments and hospital ER visits--that's jus good old room and board and a nursing assisitant to help you out and a nurse to give your pills.

I'd would be shocked if anybody less then 50 has spent more then a hundred thousand dollars on their own hjealth care in the first 50 yars of their life--maybe 1 exception here or there but the class I took was pretty adamant expenditures were 30% the last year of life if not more

Comment

• far as the English connection steele is the big one but stephan halper is a major cog works at Cambridge and set up the meeting with papadoupolous with the austrialian diplomat on british soil
          the brits also provided other intel to the fbi about trump--no open secret much of Europe fearing nato issues wanted Hillary in charge

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
            I really have a hard time believing the last year we spend 9% of our health care goes on that.

closer to 25% I would guess looking at my own experiences

the cancers of the world caose an exorbitiant amount of money and are generally lethal.
            lung cancer liver cancer pancreatic cancer our extensive in their cost and the morbidity

long term hearth care faclities are generally 5-10000 thousand dollars a month and the average stya in a nursing hoime is about 13 months I believe--theres a good 100,000 dollars each patien who winds up in a nursing home is going to pay--and that doesn't count the running back and forth to dr.s appointments and hospital ER visits--that's jus good old room and board and a nursing assisitant to help you out and a nurse to give your pills.

I'd would be shocked if anybody less then 50 has spent more then a hundred thousand dollars on their own hjealth care in the first 50 yars of their life--maybe 1 exception here or there but the class I took was pretty adamant expenditures were 30% the last year of life if not more
            I think medicare covers only about 60% of healthcare costs, and I don't think they cover a nursing home, although I could be wrong.

My grandpa's place is 60,000 a year.

If medicare wasn't a fucking ponzi scheme, they would let you use the money you paid in anyway you needed.

Comment

• Dunno if anyone posted about it yet but over the weekend there was some reporting that Julian Assange is on the verge of being kicked out of the Embassy by Ecuador. Could mean his subsequent arrest by British authorities and extradition to the US.

Comment

• DSL's boy drops a MOAB

Comment

• This is compelling? On what level?

im hardly able to follow the logical leaps: if there was a crime, a leak would have occurred? He literally can't imagine a scenario gen isn't privy to -- and that satisfies you.

i don't think DSL is a huge fan of Gowdy -- just highlighted his capitulation as a siren of sorts.

Kapture, please drop your basic training address in here. I will send you care packages.

Comment

• President Little Bitch bravely threatens to strip away security clearances that they don't even use anymore, 2 of which don't even have them, because they said mean things about him. What a little bitch, lol.

Just another day in President Little Bitch world. Lol.

Comment

• The irony compounds when you consider how difficult it would be for him to acquire a clearance as a civilian and how difficult it has been for his own administration to acquire them.

but, yes, he is probably ideal candidate to conduct a clearance revocation sweep on men who have no problem shitting on him

Comment

• Drumpf got playreeeeeeeeeeed

8SqBjFp.jpg

Comment

• Assange should first be extradited to Sweden on the rape charge. That is the pertinent offense.

Comment

• Trump is the type of guy who suddenly gets tough when people are seperating him from his opponent, "Hold me back!"

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Assange should first be extradited to Sweden on the rape charge. That is the pertinent offense.
                              Rape charge was dropped. I think the only legal issues with Sweden is skipping bail.

you will see Jeff Sessions act like Attorney General for the first time in a year and a half though, he's been dying to get his hands on Assange.
                              Last edited by Kapture1; July 23, 2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Da Kraps people...

Comment

Working...
                                X