No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That said, I get just a whiff of incompetence from the people who run Broward County elections. Something funny happened there whether the ballots were messed up or their equipment is junk.

OTOH, anyone screaming "FRAUD FRAUD" about Arizona doesn't know what they're talking about. They're counting absentees. When Martha McSally ran for Congress in 2014, it wasn't until December 17th that she was declared the winner, by only 167 votes.

People don't pay much attention after Election Night but vote-counting in a lot of states, especially out west, drags on for a long time afterwards. Sometimes weeks. It's normal.

Comment

• AP Video Expert: Jim Acosta video shared by Sarah Sanders was doctored. Certain frames were frozen, other frames sped up.

An independent video producer tells The Associated Press a video tweeted by the White House of an interaction between CNN reporter Jim Acosta and a White House intern appears to have been manipulated to make the reporter's actions look more aggressive.

Comment

• This is just insane. Man who survived the Las Vegas shooting was killed last night at the Borderline Bar

Comment

• It would have been much better if the WH had said that Acosta was suspended for being "unruly: refusing to sit or give up the mic when the next reporter was tabbed" - further, Acosta started with a question but broke into a debate and that's not what he's there for. I actually think he earned a suspension. The doctored video is an embarrassment and makes Acosta the victim.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            This is just insane. Man who survived the Las Vegas shooting was killed last night at the Borderline Bar

https://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/2...thousand-oaks/
            Damn. That's some "Final Destination" shit.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Funny thing. Jon Tester is going to end up winning by as much if not more than Joe Manchin. And Tester voted against Kavanaugh, voted against Korsuch, voted no on the tax cut, voted against Trump's immigration plan...

Manchin voted for both Supreme Court justices AND voted for the immigration plan.

Is WVA that much more Republican now than even Montana?

Comment

• Metro Atlanta is rapidly changing. This is sort of amazing

Comment

• I don't think the Kavanaugh vote had much to do with any of those races. The polling on the issue showed a very ephemeral effect. Those crazy rallies probably did have an effect just not against Tester and that has to burn at Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    AP Video Expert: Jim Acosta video shared by Sarah Sanders was doctored. Certain frames were frozen, other frames sped up.

https://apnews.com/c575bd1cc3b1456cb3057ef670c7fe2a
                    OMG they ZOOMED IN AND FROZE IT!!!!! SLOW MOTION!!! IT'S DOCTORED!!!!
                    lmao

hack
                    Last edited by Kapture1; November 9, 2018, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I don't think the Kavanaugh vote had much to do with any of those races. The polling on the issue showed a very ephemeral effect. Those crazy rallies probably did have an effect just not against Tester and that has to burn at Trump.
                      have the house try to impeach him and see if Kavanaugh matters

Comment

• DriVN02VYAAm6zk.jpg

Comment

• Candidates matter and states matter, but the exit polling from places like Missouri, Indiana and North Dakota certainly suggest that Kav played more than an ephemeral role in those states.

What's less clear is to what extent the Kav Smear pushed R turnout. It was clear from the get go that the Ds were going to turn out like never before for a midterm, but it was never particularly clear that the Rs would turn out big. Well, they did in a lot of places that matter. It still wasn't enough, but maybe it could be worse.

That said, the House margins operate dependent on roughly 20-30 swing districts. IMO, the cap for either party is roughly 245 under normal ebb and flow. The Ds once in a generation confluence of factors in 2008 got them to 257 and then thing normalized in a hurry. So, if you're sitting in the 190s and you election day by 6 points you're going to have huge pickups. If you're sitting at 240 and you win election day by 6 points you may only get a couple seats and you only win by 1 point you may actually lose seats. This election was about as predictable as they come. The only reason it wasn't on par with 2010 is that the Rs hadn't "overwon" as many districts as the Ds did. In fact, the Rs were already losing close districts in 2016 even though they won the national vote.

The Senate is a different story. As the tribal politics grow they are starting to revert to the mean which favors the Rs. I mean, the 2020 map isn't particularly great for the Ds. They have 1 dead balls loss. They can probably pick up Colorado and maybe Arizona. They'll go hard after Collins in Maine, but that would seem like an uphill battle. And I'm sure they'll push hard in Iowa against Ernst, but that state just elected an R Governor. And assuming the Ds win in Arizona an successfully find enough ballots in Florida, it's still 52-48. And that means they have to win Arizona and Iowa/Maine (or, hey, Montana!) to win the Senate at 50/50.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, TBH, I think there is enough smoke with regard to vote counting in both GA and FL to believe there is incompetence if not outright fraud. My sense is that this is particularly true in GA. I've spent more time in GA than in FL and during this election cycle there is no question there was a good deal of questioning of Kemp's role as sec state in supervising elections while running for governor.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              It would have been much better if the WH had said that Acosta was suspended for being "unruly: refusing to sit or give up the mic when the next reporter was tabbed" - further, Acosta started with a question but broke into a debate and that's not what he's there for. I actually think he earned a suspension. The doctored video is an embarrassment and makes Acosta the victim.
                              The video is not "doctored". A wide angle was reduced to a closeup of Acosta not giving up the mike. You progs might want to look at things with your own eyes rather than trusting your alt-left sites.

But I agree that he should have been reprimanded for being "unruly", and the WH should not make any kind of a deal about him touching the girl.

Comment

• I saw the video. And the live action, unedited one. Many times. It was slowed down, paused for 30 frames, and edited by an infowars employee to make it look worse than what it was. It is embarrassing. There was no need for it. Suspending Acosta was fine.

And I am a prog? Cool. Do I get a membership card? Is there a secret handshake?

Comment

Working...
                                X