Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Might as well go to the chicken coop call them all idiots for not flying away when they had a chance.
    The electorate in Flint reminds me of my dog Bullseye. He was looking out my truck window, down at my other dog Maggie with a furry smirk on his face. "I'm getting a car ride and you're not. Plus I must be a smart dog because I'm also going to get tutored !!"
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Yep... well said, Jon. Its been that way for years.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Sounds like a case could be made to blame the state's voters rather than the city's, actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          The electorate in Flint reminds me of my dog Bullseye. He was looking out my truck window, down at my other dog Maggie with a furry smirk on his face. "I'm getting a car ride and you're not. Plus I must be a smart dog because I'm also going to get tutored !!"
          And Maggie smirked back "Yeah but you're going to the vet to get your balls cut off".
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/SEsUAcyw5Qw[/ame]

Comment

• "Sounds like a case could be made to blame the state's voters rather than the city's, actually."

How many times does it take for some people to understand the "voters" of Flint, Detroit or the state had nothing to do with this. Not a single voter in Flint, Detroit, or the state had anything to do with switching over to Flint River and using Flint's antiquated water treatment system without properly treating it, and then ignoring every sign that the water was dangerous. Not a single voter in the State had anything to do with appointing "emergency managers" in either Detroit or Flint. The irony of blaming the voters is that the power of their vote was stripped from them by the governor. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Comment

• Ed Kurtz is the first in a long line of villains in this debacle. He seems to be skating.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong Stan but Snyder has been the driving force behind using emergency managers to take more control over Detroit and flint. He was voted in. Certainly you can't lay it on Flint voters.

Comment

• Snyder certainly wasn't voted in by a majority of voters in communities in which he appointed an "emergency manager" that stripped elected officials of all powers.

Comment

• I didn't follow that election, but if they voted for him then they sure regret it now.

Comment

• Why has Snyder, (and his predecessor, 2-term Democrat Governor Gennifer Grandholm) had to appoint state officials to manage Flint's and other Michigan cities finances?

Its because voters there continued to vote in self-serving idiots, who didn't give a crap about the city and its citizens. If these state managers did not take over these cities finances, the police would not have gotten paid, the firefighters wouldn't have gotten paid, .. the employees of basic city services would not have gotten paid.

Nobody deserves to have lead-contaminated water. Nobody. No matter how stupidly they vote. And, if criminal action took place, then ok .. let former Davison resident Mike Moore bring his toy handcuffs to the "perp walk" when Snyder and his "cronies" are arrested.

Flint's problems have been a long time running. They didn't all start with Snyder's inauguration. Lots of people are to blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Was Detroit under emerg manager then too?
                          I looked this up and Detroit was controlled by Snyder's emergency manager, Kevyn Orr, from March 12, 2013 until Dec. 10, 2014. I believe the decision to raise the price of water Detroit was charging Flint was made during that time.

So those trying to deflect blame away from Snyder by saying Detroit shares the blame...well, it looks like that decision was approved by another Snyder-controlled appointee.

Comment

• Are you saying that the voters there are somehow unique in voting in self-serving idiots? That the politicians in those two cities are unique for their lack of civic-mindedness?

I don't understand the little bits of this you're fixated on. Moore is from a suburb of Flint and not Flint itself? Of all things to focus on, why is that what is so important to you?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              As usual, the political blame game is all about what matters. Jessie Jackson's and Micheal Moores circus is now in town to collect a check and move on.

A vote in 2013 by the Flint City Council approved a plan by Flint Mayor Dayne Walling to go with the KWA pipeline from Lake Huron for city drinking water. But that vote was not for a switch to the Flint River as primary source of drinking water.

Darnell Earley and 3 emergency managers were selected by Gov. Rick Snyder had ultimate say in how the city got its drinking water. A June 2013 resolution signed by Emergency Manager Ed Kurtz is the only documentation we've seen that points to who made the decision to switch to the Flint River.
                              This is a pretty good summation. It's worth noting that Darnell Earley has since been appointed by Snyder to run the Detroit Public School system. Earley, in an op-ed in the Det News, laid the blame on Kurtz who signed the contracts to use the Flint River as the source of drinking water. Early claims that when he was appointed Emergency Manager his hands were tied by the agreements already signed onto by his predecessor.

Comment

• Are you saying that the voters there are somehow unique in voting in self-serving idiots? That the politicians in those two cities are unique for their lack of civic-mindedness?
                                Absolutely not. This country is rife with communities that continue to elect self-serving politicians. Communities all over this country are run by politicians that don't care about the citizenry. Flint is one of them.

Moore is from a suburb of Flint and not Flint itself? Of all things to focus on, why is that what is so important to you?
                                Because Mike Moore doesn't give a crap about Flint. Him and his toy handcuffs, and his idiotic movies have actually done more to hurt the Flint area than to help it. Meanwhile, he sits on his fat butt, with his huge bank account, and tries to portray himself as some sort of 'protector' of Flint. Its total BS.

Look up the name of Charles Stewart Mott, if you want to read about a real Flint area philanthropist. That man was a co-founder of GM, and a multi-millionaire who lived in DOWNTOWN Flint, and constantly gave money to the community for improvements. There was a time when Mr. Mott funded the entire summer recreation program in Flint. No kid had to pay a dime to play sports. He funded it all.

Mike Moore is no Charles Stewart Mott.

Comment

Working...
                                X