• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNadHj7.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      DSL:

The vast majority of NRO writers, including the Editors, think this is total bullshit. And it is.
      Yup. But 'ya gotta admire DSL for reading NRO. A step up from HuffPo and BuzzFeed

Comment

• Woe is me I was conned I wish that I had voted for John Kasich.

DoDLkKDU8AEg9Z_.jpg:large.jpg

Comment

• Geezer, I thought you were dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Why on earth not? I think the sentiment that both PDJT or Palin-Cortez are gifts to the others side is premised on their impact on swing voters. I know that's how I view it. And it's certainly possible -- and even likely -- that swing voters are turned off by either extreme. IMO, the only way PDJT can win in 2020 is if the swing voters are even more turned off by the alternative devil than the known devil.
            Last edited by Hannibal; February 16, 2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• rVqH6rd.jpg

Comment

• It's MA'AM

wgrQHps.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

What do you know about how that $27bn figure was made up? I know you know why and how to be skeptical of that kind of forecasting.
                  Agreed. From what I have seen, $27 billion over 10 years is a misstatement. I think it was a 25-year plan and they anticipate nearly $1 billion in revenue a year. Plus, Amazon was building an elementary school and had agreed to make improvements to common public spaces.

From November: Amazon pulling out will cost the citizen's of New York $900 million a year, according to noted right-wing conservative Andrew Cuomo:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Heh
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Agreed. From what I have seen, $27 billion over 10 years is a misstatement. I think it was a 25-year plan and they anticipate nearly $1 billion in revenue a year. Plus, Amazon was building an elementary school and had agreed to make improvements to common public spaces.

From November: Amazon pulling out will cost the citizen's of New York $900 million a year, according to noted right-wing conservative Andrew Cuomo:

That number could be worth heeding, or it could not be. I don't know. But I do know that it comes from an economic model, and the reason I asked talent specifically about it is that he knows to be skeptical of models, because they are guesses. Perhaps educated guesses, or glass-half-full ones, or politically motivated ones. We don't know. But talent knows that about forecasting. What's interesting is he cites that as a reason to be skeptical of climate-change forecasts, yet that same skepticism isn't present here.

Comment

• The majority of the figures are based on numbers of employees hired. The thing is, if the revenue numbers don't hit, the tax incentive diminishes, too.

I personally don't think any reasonable person can look at this and say Amazon pulling out is a net benefit for the State of NY. Just fringe whackos.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And the thing is, Amazon chose NY despite the fact that the state has one of the highest tax structures in the country and the fact that several other states offered much more in incentives. In a some cases more than double what NY offered.

Besides, Cuomo's lamentations, Carolyn Maloney (D, NY) said, And I agree with both her and Cuomo: NY lost a huge deal. It is quite the fuck-up.

Comment

• Bruno Ganz, the Swiss actor who starred in the movie Downfall, passed away.

Parody created using clips from Downfall (Der Untergang)Discord: https://hitlerrantsparodies.com/discordPatreon: https://www.patreon.com/hitlerrantsparodiesT...
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• whatever college gave Palin Cortez her economic degree should lose accreditation

Comment

Working...
                                X