Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

we stiffed a dictator out of 2 million to get back a college kid, who was still alive at the time. Yeah, I find it funny.

We can pay a dictator for a hostage
    or
    We can promise to pay a dictator and stiff him after the fact
    or
    Or we get back on the plane and leave him there to die

which do you choose and why?

I favor not negotiating with terrorists. I think turning the political thumb screws up for a full release without payment is the answer. I also believe that if we agreed to pay it, we should. And the NoKo's did not want Otto to die with him in their care. We were weak and we were played - and us not honoring our word, makes us look even worse.

As an aside, you always know you are dealing with a hardline partisan when -no matter what- fault is a 100% certainty for those on the other side of the aisle and favor is a 100% certainty for those who support.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If it's true that the North Koreans labeled it a bill for 'medical care' then that's more twisted and perverse than if they had simply demanded a flat-out ransom.

Comment

• We could have pointed out that our preferred ransom delivery vehicle is a Tomahawk cruise missile. Send us a bill and we'll overnight your payment.

Exchanging a State Visit for a (murdered) brain dead hostage was yet another win for President Snowflake J Weakling.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          SO when conservatives bashed Obama for paying 'ransom' to get hostages back from Iran, you weren't objecting in principle? You were just mad he overpaid?

Because Candidate Trump said paying ransom for hostages made it more likely more Americans would be kidnapped.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...release-227170
          Trump didn't pay shit. 0bama did tho

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I favor not negotiating with terrorists. I think turning the political thumb screws up for a full release without payment is the answer. I also believe that if we agreed to pay it, we should. And the NoKo's did not want Otto to die with him in their care. We were weak and we were played - and us not honoring our word, makes us look even worse.

As an aside, you always know you are dealing with a hardline partisan when -no matter what- fault is a 100% certainty for those on the other side of the aisle and favor is a 100% certainty for those who support.
            I asked you what you would do and you gave me a mealymouthed word salad.

You show up to get Otto, and are presented with a notice to sign to agree to pay 2 million for medical care (which wasn't really care)

do you

agree to pay it, then send a check from the US taxpayers
            or
            agree to pay it, and then say "fuck you, you're not getting money for care rendered after you killed him"
            or
            get back on the plane and leave him there to die

I guess from what I understand you are saying you would agree to pay it, and then send them a check from the US taxpayers.

In that case, talk to DSL since that makes you evil or something.

to be fair DSL has a problem with any of the three options because Trump, but those are your only options.

Comment

• Pretty big news...three Judge panel unanimously rules Michigan's congressional and legislative districts are illegal and must be redrawn. The Michigan Legislature has until August 1 and the Governor must approve all changes (I assume the Court could step in and do it themselves like what happened in Pennsylvania if they don't meet the deadline).

There's a version of this case awaiting a ruling on Ohio's districts too.

Michigan must redraw legislative and congressional districts for the 2020 election because GOP lawmakers gerrymandered the maps, a federal panel ruled.

Comment

• Candace Owens
                ? @RealCandaceO

Can we all just take a moment to laugh at @JoeBiden#FirstStepAct

11:57 AM - Apr 25, 2019

always like this girl

Comment

• level of intelligence that gets you into Harvard these days

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/sta...04253678379008
                  Last edited by Kapture1; April 25, 2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Pretty big news...three Judge panel unanimously rules Michigan's congressional and legislative districts are illegal and must be redrawn. The Michigan Legislature has until August 1 and the Governor must approve all changes (I assume the Court could step in and do it themselves like what happened in Pennsylvania if they don't meet the deadline).

There's a version of this case awaiting a ruling on Ohio's districts too.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ng/3576663002/
                    This decision can be found here.

Amazingly, the Court agreed with the Plaintiff's that every single district they were challenging is unconstitutional. NINE OUT OF FOURTEEN districts were therefore held to be illegally gerrymandered. Not to mention numerous State Senate and State House districts. So if any of you guys live in one of the following districts, it will almost certainly be redrawn in time for the 2020 Election

Michigan 1 (Upper Peninsula + Far North)
                    Michigan 4
                    Michigan 5
                    Michigan 7 through 12 (All metro Detroit or SE Michigan districts)

Just looking at 4 & 5 and you can pretty much tell that the intent was to put all the industrial cities of North Central Michigan into one district (Flint, Saginaw, Bay City) to make sure that the much more rural 4th District (centered around Mount Pleasant) would be an extremely safe Republican seat. Depending on how those two are redrawn, both the Dem in the 5th and the R in the 4th could be on much shakier ground.

Comment

• Example of a problem for Republicans in the Michigan Gerrymandering case that I believe is similar to Pennsylvania and Wisconsin:

Despite losing the popular vote in 6 of the last 9 elections (Since 2002), Michigan Republicans have controlled one or both houses of the legislature every single year. Just as a starter that's fairly compelling evidence that the districts are drawn to entrench one party in power.

Off the top of my head Ohio is NOT that bad, so I'd be surprised to see a sweeping redraw of our map (Even if some of the districts are ludicrous looking). Proportionally speaking the amount of votes Republicans get here is not wildly different than the number of seats they control, unlike some of the 'problematic' Rust Belt states.

Comment

• Biden's announcement corrected for him

Comment

• IMG_20190425_181747.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I asked you what you would do and you gave me a mealymouthed word salad.

You show up to get Otto, and are presented with a notice to sign to agree to pay 2 million for medical care (which wasn't really care)

do you

agree to pay it, then send a check from the US taxpayers
                            or
                            agree to pay it, and then say "fuck you, you're not getting money for care rendered after you killed him"
                            or
                            get back on the plane and leave him there to die

I guess from what I understand you are saying you would agree to pay it, and then send them a check from the US taxpayers.

In that case, talk to DSL since that makes you evil or something.

to be fair DSL has a problem with any of the three options because Trump, but those are your only options.
                            I answered you. You are just too goddamned stupid to understand what I wrote. When I say I would not negotiate with terrorists, that's what I mean.

North Korea: "Pay us $2 million!"

Me: "No." and escalate actions from there.

Kim isn't the first to hold someone and ask for cash. Our answer has been no, and should continue to be. But if we are weak and cave to these terrorists and agree to pay them for his "medical care" then we should honor our agreement. "Oh but Otto will die!" He died anyway, and this tard goes to North Fucking Korea as a tourist and rips a sign off a wall of a hotel that is highly surveilled? Get the fuck out of here. I hate the idiot died of whatever and I hate that he was a dumbass and I especially hate that his family wouldn't allow an autopsy. But that's where we are.

The next time we try to arrange to get someone home, our word means shit. Congrats. We got a dying dumbass in a coma home for 6 days.

I hope you understand that you are an orange cock-gobbling sycophantic moron. I pray to god that Trump never makes a sudden stop because your head is so far up his ass that it would snap your pencil neck, you mouth-breathing troglodyte.

Now, kindly go fuck yourself.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• bravo applause GIF

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I answered you. You are just too goddamned stupid to understand what I wrote. When I say I would not negotiate with terrorists, that's what I mean.

North Korea: "Pay us $2 million!"

Me: "No." and escalate actions from there.

Kim isn't the first to hold someone and ask for cash. Our answer has been no, and should continue to be. But if we are weak and cave to these terrorists and agree to pay them for his "medical care" then we should honor our agreement. "Oh but Otto will die!" He died anyway, and this tard goes to North Fucking Korea as a tourist and rips a sign off a wall of a hotel that is highly surveilled? Get the fuck out of here. I hate the idiot died of whatever and I hate that he was a dumbass and I especially hate that his family wouldn't allow an autopsy. But that's where we are.

The next time we try to arrange to get someone home, our word means shit. Congrats. We got a dying dumbass in a coma home for 6 days.

I hope you understand that you are an orange cock-gobbling sycophantic moron. I pray to god that Trump never makes a sudden stop because your head is so far up his ass that it would snap your pencil neck, you mouth-breathing troglodyte.

Now, kindly go fuck yourself.

hey, I'm not the piece of shit that would leave the kid to die in North Korea, which was the most reprehensible of the three fucking options.. thank God we don't have some dumbass cuck hick calling the shots.

makes you a much bigger piece of shit then stiffing some dictator for 2 million dollars lmao
                                Last edited by Kapture1; April 25, 2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X