No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything can happen in a general election, he can still win. He has been hurt by lack of debates now and a relative lull in primaries. A lot of his issues lately have been unforced errors and a total lack of preparation. His rambling foreign policy interviews and the abortion answer was an example of a unserious candidate winging it.

Comment

• I don't think that he has been hurt by a lack of debates as much as the stories simply going against him. That retarded exchange with Ted Cruz about the wives appears to have backfired spectacularly. There are so many ways in which he could have handled that better. He should have gone into "Presidential" mode after Bush dropped out.
      Last edited by Hannibal; March 31, 2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        I don't think that he has been hurt by a lack of debates as much as the stories simply going against him. That retarded exchange with Ted Cruz about the wives appears to have backfired spectacularly. There are so many ways in which he could have handled that better.
        The stories aren't going against him....this is who he is. He makes the stories.

No PC boogeyman here; just a born-rich prick doing born-rich pricks things.

Comment

• You can find articulate, reasoned responses to serious issues from pretty much any serious candidate. As for Obama, I certainly recall plenty of wonky health care policy discussions (among other issues) during his 2008 run. There was more than just some catchy slogans and rah rah speeches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            The stories aren't going against him....this is who he is. He makes the stories.

No PC boogeyman here; just a born-rich prick doing born-rich pricks things.
            In some cases, yes, but you also have the bullshit phony "battery" charges being filed against his campaign manager by a pro-Hillary prosecutor, even though the video exonerates the guy.

Comment

• The video I saw clearly shows him grab the woman's arm. Maybe we have seen different videos? It's fairly ticky-tacky but he did make contact with her. And if there is any conspiracy among Hillary supporters it would be to HELP Trump win the GOP nomination.

Comment

• He doesn't violently yank her and throw her down to the ground, which was her original story. It was very, very obviously a lie that was made up to push the "Trump hates women" narrative. If you have ever been grabbed violently by the arm and yanked somewhere or you have done it to somebody else then you know what that looks like. She actually grabs Trump's arm right before Lewandowski grabs her arm. Shouldn't she be charged with "battery" too?
                Last edited by Hannibal; March 31, 2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• She hasn't changed her story. That is a lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...her-story-fir/

She hasn't changed her story. That is a lie.
                    She walked back her language a while ago after videos came out showing that the guy gave her a slight tug. Before there was video of the incident, this conversation was taken as the "corroboration" for her story...

Fields: “Mr. Trump, you went after the late Scalia for affirmative action, do you — are you still against affirmative action?”
                    Voice (allegedly Corey Lewandowski): “Excuse me, thank you.”
                    A few moments later (noise of the room can be heard)…
                    Terris: “You OK?”
                    Fields: “Holy sh*t.”
                    Terris: “Yea he just threw you down.”
                    Fields: “I can’t believe he just did that that was so hard. Was that Corey?”
                    Terris: “Yeah, like, what threat were you?”
                    Fields: That was insane. You should have felt how hard he grabbed me. That’s insane. I’ve never had anyone do that to me from a campaign.”
                    Terris: “Can I put that in my story?”
                    Fields: “Yeah, go for it — that was really awful. That’s so unprofessional.”
                    Terris:He really just almost threw you down on the ground.”
                    Fields:He literally went like this and was grabbing me down. I don’t even what to do [about] what he just did to me. Oh my God, that really spooked me that someone would do that.”
                    Terris: “What threat were you?”
                    Fields: “Nothing. I was asking about affirmative action.”
                    Terris: “And he probably knows you, right?”
                    Fields: “Yeah, I don’t understand. That looks horrible. You’re going after a Breitbart reporter, the people who are nicest to you?”
                    Terris: “I know, I’m going to put it in my story.”
                    That paints a dramatically different picture than what the videos show, don't you think? They released that conversation before the videos started coming out. People soon started to question why nobody in a room full of hundreds of people noticed a violent incident where some lady almost got her arm yanked out of her socket and was almost thrown down to the ground. Then the videos started to come out and they showed her getting a gentle tug that doesn't even appear to be in the area of her arm where she got bruised. She shows no distress whatsoever on her facial expression, her arm doesn't extend from her body, and she doesn't lose her balance at all. There is no downward motion (LOL "He just threw you down"). The "asssult" is complete bullshit and so was that conversation.

It's a complete smear job.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; March 31, 2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      In some cases, yes, but you also have the bullshit phony "battery" charges being filed against his campaign manager by a pro-Hillary prosecutor, even though the video exonerates the guy.
                      I agree that the charges are pretty silly....but Trump sets the ball, laces-out no less for this kind of reaction. His behavior isn't going to earn him or his staff any benefit of the doubt with the public with an incident like this.

His fellow Republicans have hammered for the incident as much as any Democrat. Maybe moreso.

Comment

• The affordable care act has had variable but not complete success. That is because of two things:

(1) Some Governors refused to extend Medicaid coverage in their states. The net result is millions of uninsured who seek care in the only place they can get it. In Emergency rooms which directly increases the cost of care for insureds.

(2) Some of the ACA's more significant provisions were removed by Congress to get it passed. For example, a provision to allow the federal government to compete drugs to be placed on the Medcare and Medicaid formularies was removed. This reflects only the tip of the iceberg WRT the pricing of pharmaceuticals in the US.

My position universal health care is that the provision of basic health care is the responsibility of government and how that is paid for is up to that government. I support rationing of it as it is the only sustainable and affordable way to provide it.

I wouldn't have designed it this way from scratch but we have an employer based health care delivery system. Therefore, any universal health care program in the US must be employer based. Universal Medicare appears to be easy to implement but the cost, in the current environment and circumstances for health care delivery is unaffordable.

Pharmaceutical companies manufacturing drugs and insurance companies in the business of underwriting health insurance need to be regulated.

The current system of establishing what a procedure or medical treatment should cost (generally Medicare formulas for this adopted by commercial insurers) is a poor way of determing costs despite a lot of tinkering with this system to make it fair.

What is driving pricing is unrestrained profit motivation and competition among them on the part of health care delivery entities. You fix this be redesigning the delivery system at the patient care level. I would go as far as considering Nationalizing it if regulatory approaches proved to be ineffective.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's not Fields who makes the claim of being thrown down but Lewandowski certainly grabbed her arm. How hard he grabbed and yanked her is really difficult to tell from the video. For her part, Fields has been consistent in her recollection of the event. The guy grabbed her arm then he goes on to say he's never seen her before in his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            It's not Fields who makes the claim of being thrown down but Lewandowski certainly grabbed her arm. How hard he grabbed and yanked her is really difficult to tell from the video. For her part, Fields has been consistent in her recollection of the event. The guy grabbed her arm then he goes on to say he's never seen her before in his life.
                            Do you remember all of the people that you interact with on a daily basis? The room probably had hundreds of reporters. If I absent-mindedly grabbed somebody like that to move them out of the way then I probably wouldn't remember it either. He wasn't really looking at her whereas she accused him of assaulting her because she was asking Donald Trump a tough question (because God knows Donald Trump never takes tough questions). It was a completely unremarkable event for the guy. That's why when she accused him of violently almost throwing her to the ground he was like "what the fuck are you talking about"?

Also -- I disagree that you can't tell how hard he grabbed her in the video. The framey security video itsn't the best but another angle that came out a few weeks ago shows that he didn't yank her hard at all.

Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                            His fellow Republicans have hammered for the incident as much as any Democrat. Maybe moreso.
                            Yup. The Republican Party has gone full scorched Earth. "Better Dead Than Trump"
                            Last edited by Hannibal; March 31, 2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• He should have gone into "Presidential" mode after Bush dropped out
                              He doesn't have that mode. His exchange with Cruz is perfectly Trump.

And his coming beatdown has nothing to do with the Rs. Period. It has has everything to do with him. Both he and Hillary have roughly 100% name recognition and he gets festooned by her in every poll -- RIGHT NOW. He's convinced roughly 45% of the R party he is the answer, but he has, in turn, convinced more than 50% of the general electorate he clearly isn't. It would be very Trumpian to blame someone or something else, but the gutting he'll get in November is totally on him -- he's an awful GE candidate. Awful.

And it's too bad, because some of the positions he pushes are strong and popular. But, man, he's destestable -- I didn't think the Rs could nominate someone more unlikable than Hillary...but, fuck me sideways...
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                He doesn't have that mode...
                                [youtube]fQgDgMGuDI0[/youtube]

Comment

Working...
                                X