No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we'd rather own you on a de facto basis instead of formally.
    I dunno, Hack. Whenever I look across the border, and I see all those tanks, anti aircraft guns and personnel carriers, I'm thinking the Canadians have been looking for an opportunity to overrun us for a very long time.

Of course, their biggest weakness, is that they'd halt their blitzkrieg at the sight of a few cases of LaBatts beer ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "Basketball ring"...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        I dunno, Hack. Whenever I look across the border, and I see all those tanks, anti aircraft guns and personnel carriers, I'm thinking the Canadians have been looking for an opportunity to overrun us for a very long time.

Of course, their biggest weakness, is that they'd halt their blitzkrieg at the sight of a few cases of LaBatts beer ...
        [youtube]pbfBzWJVbX4[/youtube]

Comment

• Journalist who profiled Melania Trump in a not-so-flattering article hit with torrent of anti-Semitic abuse afterwards. Very, very ugly stuff

Julia Ioffe has received disturbing calls and online abuse since profiling Donald Trump’s wife for GQ, and likens antisemitism to ‘shit I’ve only seen in Russia’

Comment

• I mean, of course, that shit's wrong. But I was surprised at how smarmy the story is. I know her, and that's not really her at all. The reporting I'm sure is fine, but GQ put its stamp on the writing in a way I thought was a little too much. Just IMO but when you're writing about someone that is both that tetchy and that colorful you don't need to tart it up. And you have a better shot at an outcome focused on the facts of the story rather than reactions to the tone.
            Last edited by hack; April 29, 2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• The Clinton's and the Dem leadership have to be laughing right now...
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Journalist who profiled Melania Trump in a not-so-flattering article hit with torrent of anti-Semitic abuse afterwards. Very, very ugly stuff

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...isemitic-abuse

Just as ugly as the death threats to the dentist who shot a lion in Africa (which is legal there..).

The internet has allowed people to be brave and ugly while hiding. We don't disagree, we have to ruin.

Comment

• smug america

Comment

• Linked days ago. Pull yourself together, entropy!
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, since when do we care about anti-semitism? I thought the prevailing thought amongst "Smug America" was F Israel and if shit gets a little anti-semitic then so be it. I guess it depends on the source.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Also, since when do we care about anti-semitism? I thought the prevailing thought amongst "Smug America" was F Israel and if shit gets a little anti-semitic then so be it. I guess it depends on the source.
                        Methinks "Smug America" has chapters at both ends of spectrum.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Linked days ago. Pull yourself together, entropy!

you're mistaken.. I linked that for a Florida coach who hadn't seen it yet. I have no idea why you'd think it was for you or anyone else on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                            Methinks "Smug America" has chapters at both ends of spectrum.

stop being so smug

Comment

• Goddamn, you people are a bunch of idiots. I'd explain why but you likely wouldn't understand.

Comment

• I remember when entropy didn't hate America. Hoss, on the other hand, has always hated America. And smelly jews. And Mike has cast his lot with Western Ontario sports teams.

I doubt any of you fuckers can get more than 3 words into the Pledge of Allegiance w/o going blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X