Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
    I'm not sure anyone has said this yet on the forum, but some of the delay in getting inside Pulse was because the shooting devolved into a hostage situation. Around 30 people were held.
    Hhhmmm. I'll be curious as to what the after-action analysis of that will say, as there is little doubt that some individuals bled out before SWAT eventually went in.

Comment

• We're living in a reality of militant Islamic extremism delivered to the homelands of Western powers by the radicalization of a fringe segment of soldiers influenced and led by elite ideologues.

You attack this enemy in the same way as our enemies have been attacked and ultimately defeated in the past. The major difference is that in this war, there is no need to occupy land because the enemy, with a few but minor exceptions, doesn't have any. That simplifies the solution considerably. It is ........

Identify the elite leadership, marginalize and destroy them. Cripple the leadership's ability to wage a war of terror by eliminating the means by which it is waged. What this means is to deny access to essential financing and the weapons of terror. The rest of it is essentially a national policing as opposed to a military operation and is absolutely a key element of the overall strategy with considerable associated costs.

It is noteworthy that the US along with its allies is pursuing the first two elements of the strategy with some success. What's missing is the necessary engagement of the foot soldiers in what would be considered as unconventional ways and unprecedented local police and National Guard actions coordinated nationally.

There's some danger in the policing and Guard aspects of the overall strategy in that to obtain results, eliminate the foot soldiers, a type of police state is going to develop in the homeland until the threat is mostly eliminated.

We're going to see more of the kind of terror operations we've witnessed recently and have clear choices about what to do about them. We can do nothing and see them as isolated incidents with the associated murders as acceptable or we're going to accept an increasing level of local surveillance and policing activities that are going to become intrusive to some. Let the debate begin.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Sorry to use Fox News as a source, but apparently ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack in Orlando this morning.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack Sunday afternoon via its Amaq news agency, Reuters reported. Amaq said an "Islamic State fighter" carried out the assault.

A gunman who pledged allegiance to ISIS opened fire early Sunday morning in a packed Orlando nightclub, killing 49 people and wounding at least 53 more in a bloody scene that ended hours later when police stormed the building and killed the shooter.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Gawsh - orly? Obama might need to know that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• He knows.

But, he'll blame on everyone/everything other than ISIS.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out what a net taxpayer is.

When I was an E7 in the Coast Guard and was eligible for WIC, I guess I shouldn't have been able to vote...?
              Last edited by CGVT; June 12, 2016, 11:20 PM.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                Sorry to use Fox News as a source, but apparently ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack in Orlando this morning.
                Don't read too much into that. The ISIS 'media center' didn't claim responsibility until after it had been announced on TV that Loon E. Tunes had pledged allegiance on a 911 call.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I think it matters little actually. Fox News spoke with the gunman's ex-wife earlier today. They were married for several years now divorced, she claimed he was a psychotic nut that beat her for countless petty reasons. They met online, a mail-order bride from Uzbekistan. In her opinion, he was crazy, volatile, easily angered and a very dangerous man to himself and others.

This guy was probably suicidal and latching on to Islamic Jihad gave him an easy way out.

This tragedy looks more like a mass murder followed by suicide by the Police.
                  Last edited by Prime2; June 12, 2016, 06:02 PM.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I'm now reading this was about being homophobic and a gun problem in America. His ties to ISIS was just a curiosity... Nothing more.

That is the new spin..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• That's plausible, OP. I want to hear the 911 call. That will tell us something about the state of mind. Tenor of voice, consistancy of message, focus of subject, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person speech, statement or plan, detached or taunting, etc. It could be telling or just an abrupt burst. I'd like to hear that call.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Entered a nightclub around 2a with guns and a bomb. Oh all about curious

Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• It may have been an Islamist mis understanding

Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• 54 dead by mistake

Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Stop being an asshole, Coop.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yeah, take it back to the asshole side of the forum
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X