No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very much sounds like things will begin tonight.

Comment

• Comment

• Shit. My flight to Rostov-on-Don might be delayed.

Comment

• I hear Rostov-on-Don is lovely in February.

Comment

• Forgot that former heavyweight champ Vitaly Klitschko is the mayor of Kyiv

Comment

• Why did they change it from Kiev to Kyiv? Something is fishy there my fiends.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's happening. Putin's being broadcasted on Russian national tv shortly before 6 AM Moscow time. Seems like it's a recording and not live. He's wearing the same thing he wore in his speech on Monday but it IS a different speech.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 23, 2022, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• CNN reporters in Kyiv and Kharkiv reporting explosions. Could hear a few live on air. On Twitter i'm seeing explosions reported near Odessa and in the east as well. Jesus.

Comment

• Next is Taiwan.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Shock and Awe
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          Next is Taiwan.
                          No doubt about it.

Comment

• Not dismissing the possibility, but Taiwan is a different animal. The problem though is that Western democracy have ceded the military high ground to China and Russia. Putin has launched the opening move in the game of "what are ya going to do about it."

What's different in the current circumstances from the world in the 1930s is that the post WWII threat of a policy of mutual assured destruction, abandoned decades ago as the world thought it was disarming in the name of a Pax Romana, has been turned on it's head. Putin has used the threat of mass destruction by nuclear weapons should an aggressor try to stop him.

It's hard to say how Putin will proceed after Ukraine becomes part of Russia in a matter of weeks, perhaps days. But it seems clear to me that the autocrats have gained the upper hand and can do pretty much whatever they want by the use of conventional force of arms having little fear of retaliation in kind from the West. We are now in the brave new world of being held hostage by the threat that if you do come after us, we will nuke you.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I see that Kamala's Munich Conference and Putin's Cock Holster's tough talk have paid big dividends. Apparently, when Putin sees a D in office it's time to take some more of the Ukraine!
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not to be limited to simply fellating Putin, I fully expect The Chairman to fellate the Ayatollah fairly soon and strike a ginormously pussified deal. Thank god the grown-ups are back in the room.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X