Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heh..
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The editor of National Review said last night that yesterday's lead editorial in the NY Times was "the dumbest editorial in the history of the Times". Now, that covers a lot of ground! The Times editorialized that the fault for the shooting lay with the Republican Party and with anti-gay bigotry (being the same thing, apparently). What I do admire, grudgingly, is the left's ability to turn an act of terror into a gun-rights issue.
      I haven't read all NYT's editorials, but I that one was so preposterously stupid that I have a hard time believing they could have wrote anything more stupid. But, I underestimate the NYT at my own peril.

It takes remarkable, and I mean remarkable fucking chutzpah to blame CHRISTIANS for Orlando with mentioning the words "islam" or "muslim" once.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Some change may come, but the as long as the 2nd Amendment exists, we won't ever ban guns. Thank god.
        I think a total gun ban is right around the corner. I suggest listening to Bill O'Reilly and his take on the word "regulated".

Of course, O'Reilly has come out against the private ownership of automobiles in the past. He is a classic Progressive. He is certain he can rule the world, and if you disagree with him, he will interrupt you to the point of shouting you down. There must be something in the Acela Zone that rots your brain; that's all I can figure.

Comment

• Huzzah Purdue! Obviously it's not athletics-related because, well...Purdue..

Comment

• I think a total gun ban is right around the corner. I suggest listening to Bill O'Reilly and his take on the word "regulated".
            No. Not even close. Not even remotely close. And I'd no more listen to O'Reilly on matters of Constitutional interpretation than I would Lassie. I prefer the likes of Tribe, Amar, etc.

Comment

• I hate to revert to this, but, ``amendment''. Inherent in the word is an obvious lack of permanence. Now if you want to argue about the difficulty, that's fine. If you want to point out that decades with a flourishing market is going to ruin or challenge the process of finding the right level of access to weapons, do go on. But don't kid yourself in believing that this aspect of American society is permanent. None of them are. The great thing about America is its ability to reinvent itself. It feels like there's some dogma here that can never be changed, but you can see that suite of positions under attack and its former cheerleaders starting to acknowledge limits. America changes. This is going to be one of they ways in which it does, sooner or later.

Or, don't see it. Your call.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Fortunately, the Founders provided a mechanism to address the 2nd Amendment.
                  Read what I post or don't. Your call.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    No. Not even close. Not even remotely close. And I'd no more listen to O'Reilly on matters of Constitutional interpretation than I would Lassie. I prefer the likes of Tribe, Amar, etc.
                    What's your personal interpretation of the 2nd amendment? I'm going to guess it's not as far right as to agree with the Alex Jones types that it was put in to ensure that citizens would always have the necessary weapons to 'keep the government honest'?

Comment

• I read it. Same to you re mine.

Comment

• What's your personal interpretation of the 2nd amendment? I'm going to guess it's not as far right as to agree with the Alex Jones types that it was put in to ensure that citizens would always have the necessary weapons to 'keep the government honest'?
                        It's roughly the same as that espoused by Tribe, Amar and other Constitutional scholars and Heller. It's clearly an individual right. It is a right, like those in the First Amendment, subject to reasonable restrictions. I don't think there's any problem with background checks or waiting periods. I don't think there's a problem banning certain types of guns -- I'm not sure what or how to formulate the test, but the Court has done with the 1st Amendment in a host of different areas (incitement, obscenity, slander, commercial speech, etc). I think an outright ban on guns is absolutely unconstitutional. The proper way to remedy that is through a constitutional amendment.

Comment

• 29 dead, 130 wounded. Better ban knives as well.

An attack by knife-wielding men at a railway station in Kunming, south-west China, has left at least 29 people dead, the state news agency says.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ninjas?

Comment

• Muslims.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X