No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to bed thinking Melania Trump's speech was decent. I guess it's because they literally ripped off entire paragraphs from Michelle Obama in 2008. They didn't even have the intelligence to put it in a different order.

Comment

• This isn't 1942... People have the ability to discover obvious plagiarism.
      What were they thinking when they came up with that speech...
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It is a shame to see the hard work of an American being stolen by an immigrant.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Trump campaign being mind-bogglingly stupid by not just admitting portions of the speech were plagiarized and moving on. Hell, Obama plagiarized portions of a speech in 2008, they admitted it, and no one gave a damn after that. Paul Manofort (Trump campaign manager) looks like an ass suggesting there was no similarity in phrases and that this is all a conspiracy directed by Hillary Clinton who hates strong women.

Comment

• I also didn't get why the convention went on for another hour after she spoke. Shouldn't she have been last? After her speech which was vacuous but uplifting, we got General McAngryface who droned on for 20 minutes at least about how the entire outside world is darkness and wants us dead. He literally chased his audience away. By the time Joni Ernst came out, there was hardly anyone left.

As someone said on CNN, Melania was the pleasant filling squeezed between two angry old men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
              It is a shame to see the hard work of an American being stolen by an immigrant.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• In some positive news, the Baltimore DA has lost for the fourth straight time in trying to convict the cops in the Freddie Gray matter. Ms. Moseby's continued sham prosecutions probably fit within her broad prosecutorial discretion, so she's at least no Nifong, but it's still nice to see this bullshit curbstomped.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  In some positive news, the Baltimore DA has lost for the fourth straight time in trying to convict the cops in the Freddie Gray matter. Ms. Moseby's continued sham prosecutions probably fit within her broad prosecutorial discretion, so she's at least no Nifong, but it's still nice to see this bullshit curbstomped.

I understand that there isn't enough evidence to convict for manslaughter, but out of curiosity, do you personally believe it likely that Gray was given a "rough ride" on purpose or do you just believe they forgot to buckle him in?
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• WRT Ms Trump's speech:

She either did it as ...

1. An uncited homage to MO/ just forgot her attribution
                    2. A hopeful "gotcha" to the media if they panned her speech
                    3. Just lifted passages and hoped she wouldn't get caught (ala MLK Jr)

I don't know what the answer is, but everyone -public figures, especially- should know that with the internet, none of that foolishness will sneak by.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      WRT Ms Trump's speech:

She either did it as ...

1. An uncited homage to MO/ just forgot her attribution
                      2. A hopeful "gotcha" to the media if they panned her speech
                      3. Just lifted passages and hoped she wouldn't get caught (ala MLK Jr)

I don't know what the answer is, but everyone -public figures, especially- should know that with the internet, none of that foolishness will sneak by.
                      In a previous interview she claimed to have mainly written the speech herself but I don't believe that. When she speaks off teleprompter she has broken english grammar and there was none of that in the speech last night. Nothing wrong with that, but she clearly had significant help. And those folks should probably be canned.

Comment

• I understand that there isn't enough evidence to convict for manslaughter, but out of curiosity, do you personally believe it likely that Gray was given a "rough ride" on purpose or do you just believe they forgot to buckle him in?
                        I think the evidence weighs very strongly against intent. I think the evidence tends to show that Mr. Gray was the primary cause of his death.

That said, there's enough evidence to show the police failed to act reasonably to support a civil case. They probably should have forcibly strapped him, e.g. But that's a civil matter, not a criminal matter. And the City of Baltimore has already settled with Gray Estate for a whopping $6.4M -- and I say "whopping" based on the evidence, not the notion that wrongful death cases shouldn't be that high.

Here's a very anti-Moseby summary from Andrew McCarthy at the National Review -- McCarthy is a former US Attorney and very much conservative -- he has a definite position, but in this case I'm more persuaded than not that his position is correct: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...tal-brian-rice

Comment

• In a previous interview she claimed to have mainly written the speech herself but I don't believe that. When she speaks off teleprompter she has broken english grammar and there was none of that in the speech last night. Nothing wrong with that, but she clearly had significant help. And those folks should probably be canned.
                          Correct. Fuck, the candidates aren't writing their own speeches. I mean, they're involved in the process, but they employ SPEECHWRITERS. Michelle Obama sure as fuck didn't write her speech.

Tell the fucking truth -- or rather, don't tell a lie -- and if asked about obvious plagiarism, own up to it in a positive way...nothing wrong with it. But that ain't Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I think the evidence weighs very strongly against intent. I think the evidence tends to show that Mr. Gray was the primary cause of his death.

That said, there's enough evidence to show the police failed to act reasonably to support a civil case. They probably should have forcibly strapped him, e.g. But that's a civil matter, not a criminal matter. And the City of Baltimore has already settled with Gray Estate for a whopping $6.4M -- and I say "whopping" based on the evidence, not the notion that wrongful death cases shouldn't be that high.

Here's a very anti-Moseby summary from Andrew McCarthy at the National Review -- McCarthy is a former US Attorney and very much conservative -- he has a definite position, but in this case I'm more persuaded than not that his position is correct: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...tal-brian-rice

Good stuff. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              In a previous interview she claimed to have mainly written the speech herself but I don't believe that. When she speaks off teleprompter she has broken english grammar and there was none of that in the speech last night. Nothing wrong with that, but she clearly had significant help. And those folks should probably be canned.
                              I agree. I guess I should have said that her and her speech writers did one of the things on the list.

Just no excuse for such foolishness.

Comment

• Maybe it was a joke? 'Cause apparently, she Rickrolled us as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X