No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq is a stain on an otherwise sterling career for Hitch. Nobody's perfect and he'd have been the first to say it. What I most admire about Hitchens is how he not only went into the lion's den to fight on enemy turf, he relished it and thrived.
    Last edited by Mike; July 19, 2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong. I liked Hitchens. I don't share his (or Dawkins) zeal for enlightening or debating the general public on such things, though.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Fair enough, Mike. That nails it.

Dawkins I think is condescending about it in a way that Hitchens wasn't.

Comment

• Dawkins seeks out a fight where there isn't one. Hitchens would wait until someone picks a fight with him, then gut them like a fish.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            I'm just saying, you can look at a picture. There's no ambiguity at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Trump is going to get a huge bounce from this convention.

Comment

• From faux bo....

.@ChrisChristie Why should we listen to you when you couldn't develop Denard Robinson as a passer

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Okay. Now to serious talk. This is horseshit.

Which one of these hotels would you say is the tallest in the US:

Hotel A:
                  218m to the roof
                  229m if you include the antenna
                  639 rooms/68 floors

Hotel B:
                  220m to the roof
                  269m if you include the antenna
                  1068 rooms/73 floors

Hotel C:
                  222m to the roof (212m to the top floor)
                  230m if you include the antenna
                  1246 rooms/73 floors

You would think it would be a tight race between B and C, with C winning by a nose? Well, those communists in NYC aided by wikipedia claim A!

Incidentally, A is the 1717 Broadway building in NYC with a split Courtyard/Residence.

B is the Westin Peachtree in Atlanta,

And C is the Renaissance Center in Detroit.

It's horseshit and I'm not standing for it.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Wow. I would have never guessed the RenCen still had some relevance.

Comment

• I thought C was closed
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Can't anyone change a Wikipedia page? Go head and change it.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          From faux bo....

.@ChrisChristie Why should we listen to you when you couldn't develop Denard Robinson as a passer

Ha, good one.
                          Brady Hoke, Chris Christie, and ???
                          Wasn't there a 3rd fat famous guy that looks exactly like Hoke and Christie.
                          I can't remember who it is...
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                            Can't anyone change a Wikipedia page? Go head and change it.

No. The bastard that founded Wikipedia is an alum of Alabama AND Auburn. I don't trust him because of that, and I'm not gonna edit his pages. FUCK HIM.

Also, related: I have been drinking tonight.

Comment

• Al Borges, QB coach who the tweet was probably about.

Comment

• Wasn't there a 3rd fat famous guy that looks exactly like Hoke and Christie.
                                I can't remember who it is...
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X