No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I voted for Kasich in the primary and would have voted for him in the general if he could have, you know, won more than 1 state. I'd have definitely voted for Rubio, too.

I'm also well-pleased with the story about Kasich telling Trump to shove his VP offer.

Finally, I have no clue why Cruz was asked to speak at the RNC. There was no way on earth he'd endorse the guy who, among other things, called his wife ugly and said his father was part of the plot to kill JFK.

I'm a little disappointed that Paul Ryan attached his name to Trump in any way.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Cruz invite was a big misstep. Hell, if I were Cruz, I would have gone nuclear on stage. They would have had to pull me off.

Yeah, he would lose Trump supporters' votes in futute elections, but he was never going to get those votes anyway.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• From the NYT:

One day this past May, Donald Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich declared in March that Trump was “really not prepared to be president of the United States,” and the following month he took the highly unusual step of coordinating with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

Comment

• I should also note that Kasich refused to endorse Trump and isn't anywhere to be found at the RNC being held in his own state.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            From the NYT:

Yikes. Missed that. Well, if true, at least de facto President Pence will be better than Donald.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              That's fucked up. That cop needs to find a new line of work.
              The victim was shot 3 times in the leg. Young officer, distraught over the rash of police ambush executions obviously "Jumped the gun".
              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Does Trump plan to run his business empire at the same time he's President? Like, the Presidency is a part-time job?

The guy who ghost-wrote his book, "The Art of the Deal", broke several decades of silence to say he'd be a disaster as President. He had no attention span, zero patience, and a complete unwillingness to delve into details, even back in the 80's. Can't imagine it's better now.

In “The Art of the Deal,” Tony Schwartz helped create the myth that Trump is a charming business genius. Now he calls him unfit to lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                  The victim was shot 3 times in the leg. Young officer, distraught over the rash of police ambush executions obviously "Jumped the gun".
                  Maybe the officer should not be an officer if he's shooting people for no reason.

Donald Trump's entire value proposition is that he is a great deal maker and can execute things perfectly. Well, the convention, a truly simple task compared to running the country, has been a shit show of execution. And he made a deal to allow Ted Cruz 30 minutes of prime time to undermine his candidacy. Excellent deal.

At least he's not creating international instability by threatening not to support allies if they are attacked.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Does Trump plan to run his business empire at the same time he's President? Like, the Presidency is a part-time job?
                    IIRC, when Jimmy Carter was pResident, he had to place his interests in his family business into a "blind trust". I'm not sure what all of that entails, but perhaps our legal experts in here can shed some light on it.

My guess is, at the very least, he would turn over his business interests to his kids. Or, maybe even Omarosa ...
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      Well, the convention, a truly simple task compared to running the country, has been a shit show of execution. And he made a deal to allow Ted Cruz 30 minutes of prime time to undermine his candidacy. Excellent deal.
                      No, no, no. You just don't see the genius behind it. Trump manipulated Ted Cruz into trashing his candidacy at the convention as a PR stunt...because nobody was paying attention to what was happening there after all. No such thing as bad press right? I mean, the whole email thing has been a huge boon for Hillary.

We are well past the point where we can subscribe to any second-level thinking going on within that campaign. If it looks tawdry, ill-conceived or inadvertent...its because its is tawdry, ill-conceived or inadvertent. That's who these people are.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                        Feel the Johnson!!!

That is where I am voting
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It is frightening beyond words that this guy might be elected President.

I did like some aspects of Newt's speech. He is right, there is a very real threat to the Westen nations from Islamic Radicalism. The only problem I have with his declaration that there is a threat is that no one it seems on the Republican side of the isle, that which Trump if elected President, will have to harness, has the necessary depth and political will to come up with and implement strategies based on law to defeat it or at least isolate us from it.

The usual right wing R solution is to deport some segment of Muslims living in the us by some creepy standard that goes against everything this country stands for and to keep suspicious Muslims, whatever that means, out of the country.

Can you imagine if Trump is elected what an unmitigated disaster that would be for us as Americans and for the nation.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• At least we won't have to worry about getting support from allies! So that's a plus.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Boy, I think I'd actually vote for Mitt. I'm 100% sure I'd vote for Kasich over her. Maybe Rubio.

If forced, I'd vote trump over Hillary because I think he'd be completely ineffective. I don't think Dems or Republicans would support his ideas. I think he'd gone iafter 4 yrs.

But I'd vote for Kerry over either. I'd Vote for Mitt over either as well.
                              Last edited by entropy; July 21, 2016, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                The Cruz invite was a big misstep.

But this has been Trump since the beginning... it shouldn't surprise people that Trump or his people didn't think this through. His campaign can't even stay on the same page let alone manage an event.

Comment

Working...
                                X