X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was pretty awesome for Cruz.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Question for the people holding their nose and voting for Hillary: if the choice were HRC or Mitt who would get your vote?

Question for the people holding their nose and voting for Trump: if the choice were Trump or Kerry who would get your vote?
      I posted a while back, maybe before you came on board, that I'd vote for Romney in a heartbeat. Conversely, I'd happily vote for a Biden or Kerry over either of these two clowns. Hell, I'd vote for Megyn Kelly right now. SOTU addresses would never be better.

Comment

• I can't stop watching this silly convention, its a total disaster.

Comment

• I still wouldn't vote for Romney, but he is still a much better candidate than Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            I still wouldn't vote for Romney, but he is still a much better candidate than Trump.
            Same.

Comment

• Hillary is a more stern Republican than Mitt, no doubt. So, if that's your bent, it's very understandable.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Like I said 12 hours ago...if they were smart, the RNC would have shut this shit down last night and sent everybody home.

“Don’t stay home in November,” Cruz told the audience. “Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution.”

It was a shocking rebuke coming from the same stage where Trump had become the nominee only 24 hours earlier and where he will address the nation on Thursday. And Cruz slowed to take in the scene. "Do it baby!" came one shout from the crowd. But Cruz would not.

“I appreciate the enthusiasm of the New York delegation,” Cruz said, as boos rained down from Trump’s home state, who were seated front and center, and throughout the hall.

To add to the high drama, Trump arrived inside the arena just as Cruz was wrapping up. Cameras cut to Trump, who wore a tight smile and gave a thumbs up to the crowd.

The Utah delegation, a bastion of Cruz supporters, loudly chanted "Ted! Ted! Ted." The Arizona delegation, a Trump stronghold, counter-chanted "Trump! Trump! Trump!"

Cruz’s advisers, past and present, cheered him on online. “Tough decisions are easy to criticize. Incredible leadership from Cruz tonight,” wrote Brian Philips, who worked on Cruz’s campaign. “Friends, we can put this Party back together.”

Tensions inside the hall were high. As Heidi Cruz, the senator’s wife, left the hall accompanied by security, she was showered by chants of “Goldman Sachs!” the Wall Street bank where she has worked.

The floor is yours Senator Cruz!

Comment

• This was the best part of Cruz's day:

[ame]https://youtu.be/UOIlD54HfJA[/ame]

Comment

• [ame="https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/755962586164781056"]https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/755962586164781056[/ame]

Comment

• Yeah, Trump said that if Russia invaded a NATO member, he would only act to help after he'd made sure they had fulfilled their obligations to US.

And people say Obama sends bad messages to our allies.

Comment

• Police shoot black therapist as he tried to clam down an autistic man in the street

Cops in Florida shot and wounded an African-American behavioral therapist lying in the street with his hands raised next to a troubled autistic man whom he was trying to help, according to the vict…

Comment

• That's fucked up. That cop needs to find a new line of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Hillary is a more stern Republican than Mitt, no doubt. So, if that's your bent, it's very understandable.
                            Another aspect to consider: its probably time to recognize that a vote for Trump is, in reality, a vote for Pence as President.

I have said all along that, imo, The Hair doesn't have the desire or work ethic for the job. He'll either abdicate responsibility, or resign when he gets tired if taking calls about farm bills at 10pm. These rumors about the VP offer to Kaisch put something behind that opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oh, I don't think he'll work hard, but I don't think the leadership void will be delegated to Pence. His Chief of Staff will likely become the most powerful person in the world.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• What a circus last night. Cruz not endorsing Trump by telling people to vote their conscience instead. Cruz spewing rhetoric and hyperbole to set up his "I stuck to my principles back in '16" shtick for 2020. Trump screwing with Cruz by interrupting his speech with timing his convention entrance right at the end. The crowd taunting Cruz's wife with chants of "Goldman Sachs!" Chris Christie in rabid dog mode.

Wow. We didn't even have to pay admission for this Trumpster fire. Hopefully, we won't have to pay the consequences either.
                                Last edited by Ghengis Jon; July 21, 2016, 07:08 AM.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X