No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But that's not the premise of it. If you read the links you can see that there's a long history of Trump/Putin/Russia connections. You do not have to believe anything at all about what happened at the press conference yesterday or with the DNC hack. You can believe all of that is a hoax or that Trump had nothing to do with it or that he was on Mars at the time so he had a great alibi and the video was faked, if you want. But you can still, even if that's how you want to play this week, you can still read up and see for yourself the extent to which there has been a relationship over the years. Don't you want to at least know facts about this?
    Last edited by hack; July 28, 2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      You don't have to take my word for it. Did you read any of those links? I am curious why you're so sure he does not have any ties to Putin or Russia. What makes you certain of this?
      I read through about the first half of each of them. They are a bunch of conjecture followed by weakly-supported conclusions. Let me know when you come up with something that meets the standard of proof that you guys set for all of the Clinton scandals. You haven't even reached "The World Trade Center was demolished by the Jews" yet.

I'm not Vladmir Putin, but if I wanted to use money to influence US foreign policy, there is a runaway winner in this election, and that is Hillary.The Clintons have been awash in foreign money for decades and are notorious for influence peddling.
      Last edited by Hannibal; July 28, 2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

But that's not the premise of it.
        Yes it is. The premise is that Donald Trump invited the Russians to commit a crime against American national security. Not only is it not a threat to national security (according to Hillary LOL), but it isn't even a feasible crime at this point. Hillary's e-mails can't be hacked anymore.

Comment

• How are they conjecture? There are even direct quotes from Trump. ``Almost all the oligarchs were in the room.''

Comment

• The premise is that Donald Trump invited the Russians to commit a crime against American national security.

The premise is that there's a long-standing relationship between Trump and high-level Russians including Putin. You don't need any premise or conjecture to see that Trump is talking about policy changes that Putin would really like. Are you saying you don't care about that?

Comment

• I wonder how the PAH and Trunp would vote in a Qdoba/Chipotle/Taco Bell argument.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's easy if you start from the conclusion that Trump is literally gods messenger on earth sent to save us from the brown people. Any evidence that does not support that conclusion is obviously wrong.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I don't see any hot sauce at all there. Fucking pussy. Nor do I see guac. There is no accounting for some people's taste.

Comment

• Orwell did write about this, Trump is auditioning for the Big Brotber role. He alone can fix whatever ails America.

Comment

• If you actually read all those, or the top halves, why didn't you quote from the NYRB one? I just got to that one. I would guess you wouldn't like the big picture it paints but it certainly supports some of what you are saying and would have helped you here in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        I read through about the first half of each of them. They are a bunch of conjecture followed by weakly-supported conclusions. Let me know when you come up with something that meets the standard of proof that you guys set for all of the Clinton scandals. You haven't even reached "The World Trade Center was demolished by the Jews" yet.

I'm not Vladmir Putin, but if I wanted to use money to influence US foreign policy, there is a runaway winner in this election, and that is Hillary.The Clintons have been awash in foreign money for decades and are notorious for influence peddling.
                        Why would Putin PAY the Clintons to do what he wants when he can get what he wants from Trump for FREE?

Seriously though, I'm sure there aren't Trump-Putin connections. But Trump is clearly far more pro-Russian than either of the mainstream parties.

Comment

• There are certainly Paul Manafort/Putin connections and if you investigate them you are likely to get hacked by the FSB.

Just weeks after she started preparing opposition research files on Donald Trump’s campaign chairman Paul Manafort last spring, Democratic National Committee consultant Alexandra Chalupa got an alarming message when she logged into her personal Yahoo email account. Chalupa — who had been drafting memos and writing emails about Manafort’s connection to pro-Russian political leaders in Ukraine — quickly alerted top DNC officials.

After reading that, I'm going home and changing all my passwords. I advise Hack to do the same after posting those Trump Putin posts. Hannibal is probably safe.

Comment

• Interesting to see a liberal bring up Orwell given "newspeak" and such. It's only Big Brother if you don't like it, I guess.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hannibal brought up Orwell.

Comment

I don't see any hot sauce at all there. Fucking pussy. Nor do I see guac. There is no accounting for some people's taste.

I still get a kick out of the joke that even Donald's Mexican food has a wall around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X