Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Did liberals botch their chance to take down Trump by hyperbolically attacking past Republican nominees? Probably, though the right is no less guilty.

Great read on crying wolf helping create in a trump

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by entropy; August 3, 2016, 07:27 PM.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• So I never say shit hear, just lurk. I most often feel that I would be out of my depth getting involved in these conversations. What the old adage, better to keep your mouth closed and be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it? Heh

But a have 2 things I just have to put out there. Being military I've been kind of all over, and have been affected by different state laws.

1. I've purchased 4 guns in three different states. 2 handguns, a shotgun and a rifle. Even with my military ID that I show, certifying that I am allowed to keep people for a living, I've still submitted to a background check every single time. That's Colorado, Texas and Arizona some of the most gun loving states I know of.
      2. A lot of states offer a cheap ($20 or less) state ID when someone either cannot or does not want to get a drivers license.

As a caveat I think that an ID is easy enough to get and should not be an impediment to anyone who wants to vote. The only ones this should be a problem for wouldn't be the "poor" but the illegals. You have to have a birth certificate or naturalization papers, and I think should be the baseline starter for any voting conversation.

While it's great that some here have been able to walk up with just their name and proof of address their whole life in this day and age that system does not do enough to ensure that the person walking up to the poll actually meets that criteria. How hard is it to get a mobile phone in your name? Or internet? Electricity? Water? None of these things would require proof of citizenship but would definitely qualify for meeting the perquisite of "proof of residence".

Sent from my LG-F670L using Tapatalk
      AAL- Sam Martin - Because the Punter is one of Detroit's most used assets

Comment

• Trump mystified by why he's not winning huuuuuge in every poll

Comment

• I just can't figure it out.

Comment

• People should be able to register and vote on line.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm getting more and more convinced this has all been a publicity stunt. Thought so early, then not really, now I do. Clown show.

Comment

• good post KidD. I think most people would feel as you do.

Thank you for your service. And keep lurking. I'll bet it gets entertaining at times, but this forum is the clearest demonstration of freedom of speech you could get.

Comment

• Talent (and other lawyers):

Did you see this?

Tl/dr: Missouri Director of Public Defenders orders the governor to take a case
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Hillary can be trusted.

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Talent (and other lawyers):

Did you see this?

Ha!
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                        Jon said
                        emphasis mine.

Jon... Your tirade reminds me of Trump.

Which state, Jon? Where do you do all this walking up to the polls, all of your adult life, signing your name and address and voting?
                        Nah, no tirade. I guess I should have prefaced it as going into absurdly sarcastic mode.

All my voting has been done in Michigan and Iowa. While in service, I voted absentee.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...d-wolf/493928/

Great read on crying wolf helping create in a trump

Republicans: "Its the Democrats fault that our party is crazy as shithouse rats"

Lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• So I am in Denver...and there is a can of redbull, converted into a bong, in my fridge. #clicheday

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Talent (and other lawyers):

Did you see this?

That. Is. Awesome.

Comment

• That is pretty great. I hope he's got no way out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X