No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a great billboard on I-75 this morning. Showed two campaign buttons, one Clinton, one Trump. "Moving to Canada? Let us sell your house! Detroit Real Estate Co at..."
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
      Republicans: "Its the Democrats fault that our party is crazy as shithouse rats"

Lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

if that is all you got out of the article....
      Last edited by entropy; August 4, 2016, 09:30 AM.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Jeb Bush's National Security advisor goes off on Trump and Nukes
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• HA

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
              if that is all you got out of the article....
              Oh, no. I didn't even bother to read it.
              Originally posted by entropy View Post
              http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...er-about-trump

Jeb Bush's National Security advisor goes off on Trump and Nukes

Comment

• New polls out today show Clinton with big leads in PA, Michigan, and New Hampshire since the convention. Another has her up 6 in Florida. When Trump claims he's up in Florida he's citing a poll that's a month old now.

Comment

• This election is gonna be an even bigger mess when Trump claims it was stolen and 40% of the country believes him.

Comment

• There's still hope that WikiPutin can pull this out, if Trump could be placed in some kind of cryogenic chamber until November.

Comment

• Meanwhile, HillTron 4000 doesn't need to answer a single question until after the election. Have a few rallies here and there and stay on script is about the extent of her campaign.

Comment

• Not her fault.

Comment

• Oh, I know. I'm just saying it's like being up 10 shots on the back nine Sunday at the Masters. Play it safe and go home a winner. Email fatigue has set in. Nobody really cares about that anymore. It would take an enormous bombshell to put her campaign in jeopardy.
                          Last edited by Mike; August 4, 2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Yup

Comment

• The 40% who are solid for Trump have finally escaped from the delusion that the Republican aristocracy has been on their side. They comprise the mostly poorly informed and poorly educated white class who see their standard of living slowly slipping away and don't know how to reverse it. Therefore they count on a knight on a white horse to the rescue. The world is going to get even more unpleasant for this class (which will likely grow) in the future and it makes them even more vulnerable to a demagogue.

Reminds me of what happened in Germany in 1933.

Comment

• I think with race out of the equation that's true: people's standard of living is falling, stagnant, or not rising at a pace they see as reasonable, fair, or in line with what they're told in public discourse.

But if you add race in, I don't think that's true, Doc. I think specifically the demographic of white people in this category, and who blame foreigners, is a shrinking group of people. It's going to be a majority non-white country fairly soon.

The problem we have now is that there's an entitled majority that thinks of itself as an aggrieved minority. It kind of reminds me of Miami's politics. Cubans are the biggest single group and think of themselves as an aggrieved minority yet the Cuban political leadership is looting the place. Or at least was for a long while. Dunno if it still is.

The question, IMO, is how long whites can use their largest-among-factions status, like Cubans have in Miami, once they sink below 50% of the whole.

Comment

Working...
                                X