Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this working out for you, Wiz?

Video Elon Musk’s Neuralink implants brain chip into human brain - ABC News (go.com)

Comment

• The Chairman temporarily bans exporting of LNG. You know, because we're facing an existential threat which can't possibly be remedied (there is absolutely zero way to meet the UN 2030 deadline unless China decides to reduce emissions by over half -- they're currently increasing them).

So, instead of the US selling LNG, some other country will. Probably at a higher profit now that the US has reduced supply. That's the way markets work, you dumbfucks. And I wonder which nation might fill the void.

It's this preposterously stupid-ass shit, the complete fucking mismanagement of the border and the general belief that there's nothing more spending can't fix that has me abstaining or voting DJT in 2024.

The D policies are a fucking disaster.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think the policy is stupid but my understanding is they've halted the permitting of NEW export terminals, not banned all LNG exports.

Comment

• Either way, it's a harbinger of things to come. Probably worth noting that natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel so it makes perfect sense to limit it's use.

Comment

• It's stupid election year bullshit trying desperately to win back disaffected lefties.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm with Mike -- it's a harbinger. I mean, this is what the Left wants.

Whatever. It's probably a net increase to CO2 since some buyers will opt to replace w/ coal.

But, DSL is right -- it's virtue-signaling to the Left because that's what the Left wants. And it's not an issue that will change minds in the thin sliver of a middle -- most won't know about it. So, I get the politics of it. But I'm one of the rare few who do know about it and find it utterly stupid.
              Last edited by iam416; January 30, 2024, 10:35 AM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                The Chairman temporarily bans exporting of LNG. You know, because we're facing an existential threat which can't possibly be remedied (there is absolutely zero way to meet the UN 2030 deadline unless China decides to reduce emissions by over half -- they're currently increasing them).

So, instead of the US selling LNG, some other country will. Probably at a higher profit now that the US has reduced supply. That's the way markets work, you dumbfucks. And I wonder which nation might fill the void.

It's this preposterously stupid-ass shit, the complete fucking mismanagement of the border and the general belief that there's nothing more spending can't fix that has me abstaining or voting DJT in 2024.

The D policies are a fucking disaster.
                One of them will be the nation that we are spending billions of dollars fighting in a proxy war right now.

Comment

• The current state of the domestic O&G industry is an inconvenient truth for both sides. It's going gangbusters. Biden won't crow about that because the Left will eviscerate him. The Right won't mention it because they've been telling people for years that Biden has "devastated" the industry.

We are exporting more oil and gas than any point in our history. A huge reason for that is Ukraine and cutting Europe off from Russian oil and that's not obviously something Biden can really take credit for. But facts are facts. I'll try to find better data than what's in the piece below but shale oil reversed the script in the US and Biden hasn't dragged us backwards.

In 2005 we consumed 44% more energy than we produced. In 2022 we produced 2.5% more than we consumed.

U.S. Energy Independence Soars To Highest Level In Over 70 Years (forbes.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Yeah, I'm with Mike -- it's a harbinger. I mean, this is what the Left wants.

Whatever. It's probably a net increase to CO2 since some buyers will opt to replace w/ coal.

But, DSL is right -- it's virtue-signaling to the Left because that's what the Left wants. And it's not an issue that will change minds in the thin sliver of a middle -- most won't know about it. So, I get the politics of it. But I'm one of the rare few who do know about it and find it utterly stupid.
                    It ain't pandering if it's policy, and for the Dems, it's policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      The current state of the domestic O&G industry is an inconvenient truth for both sides. It's going gangbusters. Biden won't crow about that because the Left will eviscerate him. The Right won't mention it because they've been telling people for years that Biden has "devastated" the industry.

We are exporting more oil and gas than any point in our history. A huge reason for that is Ukraine and cutting Europe off from Russian oil and that's not obviously something Biden can really take credit for. But facts are facts. I'll try to find better data than what's in the piece below but shale oil reversed the script in the US and Biden hasn't dragged us backwards.

In 2005 we consumed 44% more energy than we produced. In 2022 we produced 2.5% more than we consumed.

U.S. Energy Independence Soars To Highest Level In Over 70 Years (forbes.com)
                      The real credit goes to fracking. It's done more for society than CRISPR and the other world-changing technologies that you've probably read about.

Comment

• Per Politico the DOJ is criminally investigating Squad member Cori Bush for misuse of federal funds intended for personal security. The House Seargeant-at-Arms announced yesterday that he had received a federal subpoena to turn over docs -- almost certainly what that was related to.

Comment

• The OG business is, indeed doing well. It's part of the regulatory paradox in the business where when you punish the business, they close facilities, driving up prices in the meantime and coming out, often, better than they were before. Since energy is an inelastically-demanded product, the companies in the business make more money when they are producing less product. I have seen this happen for about four cycles. Crack spreads are huge again because the domestic refining industry hasn't seen any investment since the middle of the Trump era and a bunch of refineries were permanently idled during Covid or have been swapped to Renewable fuels. (I hope that you're enjoying your higher food prices, BTW).

Comment

• There's previously been reporting that Cori Bush spent an unusual amount of money on her husband's security company. I'm guessing the current investigation is related to that and charges probably coming if they've gotten far enough to subpoena House documents themselves.

She has a credible primary challenger so possibly say goodbye to Cori this Fall.

Cori Bush marries security guard on her campaign: report (nypost.com)

Comment

• Bush is in trouble. Bowman's in trouble. Omar is in trouble (again). The Squad has seen happier days.

Comment

• But will the voters in the districts care?

Comment

Working...
                                X