Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
    So your defense of Trump is that he was lying under oath, while Hillary actually could not remember?
    Trump is graded on a curve.

Comment

• DJT, The Great Isolationist, wants to expand the Army to 540,000 and the Marines to 36 battalions.

Or he's desperate to buy back Neocons.

Comment

• He wants to increase every facet of the armed forces, including more WWII-era ships for the Navy

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
          Trump is graded on a curve.
          So is Hillary.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Trump just unveiled his secret 30-day plan to defeat ISIS: He will ask "the Generals" what to do. The same Generals who he will also fire because they are always losing.

Comment

• The same generals who he himself said he knows more about isis than.

Comment

• Donald J Trump just repeated his belief that Putin is a better leader than President Obama, do you agree with him Geezer?

Comment

• SLF said:
                  So your defense of Trump is that he was lying under oath, while Hillary actually could not remember?

Personally, I think you don't like Hillary and therefore you take the facts presented and fit them into your preconceived narrative.
                  I assume you were talking to me when you posted this.

I don't believe I said Trump is lying. Anyone who reads what you posted sees a civil deposition in which Trump is being asked about certain people within his organization. He says he doesn't know them. Also, he says he doesn't know about certain fact situations that he is in no way obligated to know, considering the size of the Trump organization.

In contrast, Hillary testified that she had one blackberry "for convenience sake". Today we find out that she had 13 i-phones (or blackberries) plus 5 i-pads. That is in addition to her multiple servers. NYT broke the email story on March 3, 2015, and a judge issued a "protection" order on March 9th ordering Hillary and her people to protect the emails and not to destroy them. Platte River electronics, or whatever the firm name was, used BleachBit and hammers to destroy the servers and devices on March 29-30, 2015. There are 30,000 emails missing, in addition to the 14,800 work-related emails that have been newly released by the FBI.

Just tonight on the NBC forum, Hillary was back to claiming that every confidential, secret, or top secret email has to have a marking on it for her to know that it was confidential. The point is, she is lying about things that she has the responsibility to know, or that any reasonable person should know (like 18 total devices used with her personal server). Why does Hillary need burner phones anyway? Try to keep in mind that all these documents, and all her work-related emails were/are the property of the Federal government. They were never her's to destroy, even without a judicial order telling her not to.

No doubt I had an opinion about Hillary prior to 2008. In 2008, she started with the "birther" nonsense against my candidate of choice, and she was both arrogant and ignorant. But my judgment about Hillary today is based upon what I know today.

And Hack, it is a good try to say that the Clintons have been investigated more than any politician of our generation, and since nothing sticks, maybe they are more honest than most. There has never been a serious investigation of the Clintons by the news media. The media does everything possible to protect them, because the controlled media is part of the power structure in the US. I said I thought Director Comey would make a good president on this forum, but even he authorized a document dump on the Friday afternoon before Labor Day. Think of the IRS being used against political enemies of the Establishment. What Hanibal says about Trump appealing to folks who see this one-party system is correct.

Nixon was roasted in the press for his obstruction of justice. I remember a photo on the cover of Time, I believe, of his secretary all stretched out trying to show how 16 minutes of audio tape got erased. That was a full-throated media investigation. Nothing remotely close has happened to either Clinton.

Why did Hillary set up multiple private servers?
                  Why did she have what most would call "burner" phones?
                  Why did she go to such lengths to destroy or try to destroy any record of what she said on the internet during 4 years as SOS?
                  Why didn't she just allow a judge to look at the destroyed emails, or an inspector general?
                  Last edited by Da Geezer; September 7, 2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Donald J Trump just repeated his belief that Putin is a better leader than President Obama, do you agree with him Geezer?
                    Your question is polemical, and, as such, has no answer.

I only know that Obama's legacy achievement domestically is Obamacare. His legacy achievement in foreign affairs is the Iran Deal. I'll not live to see how this turns out, but some of you will.

Putin has no legacy other than brutal statism. I've always said that my fear is that Trump admires Putin because of his authoritarianism.
                    Last edited by Da Geezer; September 7, 2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• There's nothing polemical about it, I'm repeating what he said, nothing more. If you vote Trump you are voting for a birther and a Putin admirer. Asking people if they agree with his positions shouldn't be considered polemical.

Comment

• Putin has been made into the bogeyman by US hegemonists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Yeah that's it.

Comment

• Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                He wants to increase every facet of the armed forces, including more WWII-era ships for the Navy
                                36 Marine battalions would be more than they had active when they were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2010, and by a rough estimate would equate having 275,000 active duty personnel. In 2010 there were 202,000.

This is fantasy of course, but I'd hoped the country had grown out of this kind of Cold War military bluster. BUt if he wants to revamp the military procurement process if elected, I'd be all for it. Just not sure what kind of model he'd have in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X