X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right there with ya AA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      I won the VP debate because I refused to watch it.

Vote for me. I will be your common sense and iron-fisted leader with a heart of gold. 73% beneficence, 26% fiscal integrity, 17% sexy, and 11% refusal to adhere to draconian mathematical limits.
      It was like watching a mid-90's congressional debate. Very retro.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        I won the VP debate because I refused to watch it.

Vote for me. I will be your common sense and iron-fisted leader with a heart of gold. 73% beneficence, 26% fiscal integrity, 17% sexy, and 11% refusal to adhere to draconian mathematical limits.
        Add 10 points to sexy, and you'll get entropy's vote.

Comment

• Dupe

Comment

• Years ago, I was playing in a tourney at the Manhattan Chess Club. After the last morning round, I saw the pairings for the first game of the afternoon. I was to play a child prodigy. This child, whose father would later write a book that became a movie of moderate success, was a wimpy little, pale thing with asthma, but he was an excellent chess player (a short time afterwards, he drew Kasparov in a simul and a few years after that he became an International Master). I was a solid expert, but I knew I was outclassed. Back then, smoking was still allowed at the MCC, and I knew that I could use this. So, I went to the local tobacconist and bought a few La Flor Dominicana cigars. Potent little smoke and nicotine bombs, but flavorful and smooth.

Anyway, I think you know what happened next, but I will finish the story, regardless: during the game, I used my cigar cutter to quickly scoop out my left eye and I carefully placed it between the buttons of the chess clock. There, staring at the child, was my disembodied eye - dripping aqueous humour and bits of orbital matter down the face of the clock and onto the table. He. Was. Mortified. Quietly, I whispered, "Your father's eyes are next," and let out a deep, but barely audible chuckle as I used my lit cigar to cauterize the wound left in my now empty but bleeding eye socket.

Needless to say, he blundered in a won knight and bishop ending and I advanced to the semi-finals.

I am the VP America deserves, but not the one it wants.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Time to cut back on scotch, me thinks.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Cut back...or double up

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Lol!
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Comment

• Heh to AA.

Pence was auditioning for 2020. Unfortunately he can't pinch hit for Trump in the debates, so back to shockingly comical on Sunday!
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ahhh scotch...

Parts of the above chess story are true. I did play a semi-famous prodigy at the Manhattan Chess Club. And I did win, but (regrettably) it wasn't with the Scooped Out Eye Gambit.

I had the cigars sitting at the table. Pregame, the kid's father had requested that I not smoke as it bothered Josh. I just smiled at the request. After the game was started, I cut the cigar and raised the lighter to the end of the cigar to light, but I acted as if I were studying the board and never even clicked the lighter due to my feigned distraction. I repeated this motion many times as the game wore on and the boy couldn't take his eye off my lighter. You could tell he had been schooled by his dad on how to react if I lit it (you could appeal to the tournament director for relief if the smoke bothered you).

After the boy conceded, I got up from the table to walk away and his father (who had been carefully watching the game - a veritable gargoyle of nerves) called out, "Hey, you forgot your cigars!" But without even turning around, I just offered a quiet, "oh, I don't smoke," and kept walking.

You want me on that wall negotiating trade deals. You need me on that wall.

AA for VP 2016!

Comment

• Adults celebrating victorious mind-games over children...an unintentional parallel to Nick Saban and the SEC perhaps?

Comment

• Unintentional?

GTFOH.

Comment

• The Sunday debate could be amazing. There are no signs he is actually preparing more for this one that last one and the Townhall style debate could be disasterous for him if you don't prepare. How you stand and walk around is extremely important.

Comment

• Of course, both chess stories are intertwined with heaps of fiction. You couldn't smoke during tournaments, the prodigy beat me in a tough game where my Najdorf left me in a positional quandary, and the kid, who years later would give up chess in favor of martial arts, was not pale or asthmatic.

Playing loose and fast with the truth is proof POSITIVE you need me as Veep.

VPAA2016!

Comment

Working...
                                X