No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey?playlist=featured_videos"]Cold Dead Hand with Jim Carrey from Jim Carrey, NickCorirossi, Charles Ingram, Funny Or Die, BoTown Sound, millsfx, and Melissa Gould McNeely[/ame]
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Who has the best rep on this board for being a nay-sayer? Maybe we ought to be paying a little more attention to Hannibal.

This is one of most thought provoking pieces of Journalism I've read in a while and has some bearing on our recent discussion here. Thought you'd enjoy it. Hope its not pay blocked at the NYT:

It is easy to trace disasters like the Euro and the Arab Spring to the bursts of unfounded optimism that gave rise to them. So why is pessimism so often ignored?
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• So did Jim Carrey die?

The site was "funny or die" ... so when's the funeral?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          IMHO talk about handguns is a waste of time, because banning the ownership of handguns isn't on the table. It's basically a strawman. America, for the most part, has accepted that people have a right to use deadly force to defend themselves and their families from criminals. What is on the table is the banning or control of weapons that are more military in nature. This is a different debate. Most people don't see any legitimate need for these types of weapons, because law-abiding citizens in America have never needed them. This calls to question whether ordinary citizens should be allowed to arm themselves against the government. It's not a question that should be ignored. In the 20th Century, a staggering number of people were murdered by their own governments, and the looming debt crises in the first world are going to reach a point someday where the problem can no longer be kicked down the road. We have already seen this happen in Greece and Cyprus. I don't have high hopes that the problem is going to resolve itself peacefully here in America.
          Great post. You have to wonder why Homeland Security is buying tanks and billions of rounds of ammunition. Former Asistant Secretary of the Treasury Paul Craig Roberts addressed the current situation in an interview here:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Unreal, started at 11 pm ET, police kill one Boston Marathon Terrorist, his brother manages to escape, Chechen cocksuckers. The suspects were identified to The Associated Press as coming from the Russian region near Chechnya, which has been plagued by an Islamic insurgency stemming from separatist wars.

With a bomb strapped to his chest, one of the Boston Marathon suspects was killed early Friday after he and his accomplice brother robbed a 7-Eleven, shot a police officer to death, carjacked an SUV and hurled explosives in an extraordinary firefight with law enforcement, authorities told NBC News.
            The second suspect — the one in the white hat in photos released by the FBI — was on the loose. Gov. Deval Patrick ordered the entire city of Boston and some suburbs to stay inside during what he called a “massive manhunt,” and police began a house-to-house search. Boston shut down its buses and subway system.
            The suspects are brothers of Chechen origin with the last name Tsarnaev, law enforcement officials told NBC News. The suspect at large, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, is 19, was born in Kyrgyzstan and has a Massachusetts driver’s license, they said. The dead suspect was identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, born in Russia.
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 19, 2013, 08:12 AM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Apparently, they've had a sighting on the second guy in the Watertown area. Closing now.

He's a dead man at best. Concern that he might take hostages.

His brother, 26, was likely the motivator and brains, this is his kid brother, 19.

I believe that Federal Authorities had both of these guys ID'ed Tuesday or Wednesday and were watching and listening to learn if they had contacts as in a cell. My guess is that there is one. Hard to imagine these two were acting alone.

Anyway, this is a pretty impressive Federal and local law enforcement undertaking. My bet is that it is not ad-hoc but rather a coordinated, well planned and probably rehearsed reaction to a terrorist threat.

Probably better if we didn't have CNN with cameras everywhere. Too much will be exposed regarding how US authorities react to such a threat. Reportedly authorities have asked CNN to not show law enforcement activities. That won't work.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Amatuer video captures shootout with Police. Marathon victims, 3 dead, (women and children), 180+ injured, 25-30 victims missing legs, horrific.

[youtube]c17dpSDhOZA[/youtube]

Hope authorities capture the second terrorist alive and he's interrogated without mercy. Wonder how large this domestic terrorist cell really is? How many?

This capital crime deserves the Scarface punishment IMO.
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 19, 2013, 09:26 AM.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• If he is captured alive send him to GITMO. That's why the place should not be closed.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Why let him spend the rest of his days with other prisoners who will treat him like a hero? Send him to a Correctional Facility in Massachusetts with a bunch of guys from Southie.

Comment

• He's a US citizen. He won't go to Gitmo

Comment

• Capital crime, he will be federally executed like Timothy Mcveigh.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 19, 2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• We obviously all know (as it's on practically every TV Network other than The Cartoon Network and maybe Longhorn Network) that this bastard has been caught alive. No sense in rehashing what all just went down.

I just hope this thing isn't drawn out over year-after-year, appeal-after-appeal. Let's have swift justice; lets make sure no rock is unturned in looking for connections to whatever terrorist network supported/trained/or was otherwise involved...and then make justice swift and merciless and punitive to the max. "Humane" should be the least important consideration for this piece of shit when punishment is finally carried out!

Comment

• Took 6 years before Timothy McVeigh was executed

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Took 6 years before Timothy McVeigh was executed
                              Cut that down to 6 months and I think most of this country would be much more satisfied (in regards to this particular case) with our justice system.

Comment

• We have laws; we should follow them.

Comment

Working...
                                X