Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
    ...and yet none of our direct-vote peer nations have an unhinged, manchild of a real estate shyster as their chief executive.

Another of the EC's intent was that it was supposed to be filter of wise, learned men against the masses being fooled by a demagogue. Strike three.
    it also wasn't suppose to be a two party system.. probably the bigger issue in that regard.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Hang that Bitch prevailed.

if most in your party believe that, you'll lose the next election too.

Comment

• I'm guessing the women at least will be happy if he doesn't reach towards them.

Ftr, I don't think all trump voters are racist, misogynist, etc. A not insubstantial portion are. Another not insubstantial portion is driven by the fact of declining Caucasian influence feels like something is being taken from them.

That said, they all voted for an erratic paranoid demagogue who uses racist appeals, brags about sexually abusing women, uses misogynist language and was aided by Russians because they believe he will undermine NATO alliances.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• and in their view, dem's nominated a liar, someone who tramples the law when she saw fit, way too tight with the ME powers and was bought by wallstreet..

Comment

• Like I said before, the electoral college's main problem is the Apportionment act of 1911. There is no good reason that the number of house members needed to be capped at 435. As the population grows in some states, the individual votes are less valuable. But this is one of those things that will never, ever change. It is purely an academic argument.

Comment

• So it comes back to what I said before.. this was an election about how bad the opposition was instead of what my candidate can do.

And people wonder why I voted third party..

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                and in their view, dem's nominated a liar, someone who tramples the law when she saw fit, way too tight with the ME powers and was bought by wallstreet..
                It's a great story, revisit it when you see the appointments. If Jamie Dimon is on the shortlist, you have been scammed.

Comment

Like I said before, the electoral college's main problem is the Apportionment act of 1911. There is no good reason that the number of house members needed to be capped at 435. As the population grows in some states, the individual votes are less valuable. But this is one of those things that will never, ever change. It is purely an academic argument.

the capping is interesting and curious as to why they did it... But then again, does the country really want California and Texas to have that much power?

And as population continues to shift from the rest belt to the sun belt.. well...

Comment

It's a great story, revisit it when you see the appointments. If Jamie Dimon is on the shortlist, you have been scammed.

I haven't been scammed. I didn't vote for trump. I don't know how many times I have to repeat that to you..

and that is their view about her as a candidate. Frankly, it's true. Just a true as the knocks on Trump.

So while you blame trump supports and ignore the fact that your own party didn't show up, I'm standing here wondering how in the hell did either party nominate these two? And why aren't more people voting for people instead of party lines?

Comment

• if most in your party believe that, you'll lose the next election too.
                      They might. The B10 states, I think, are going to require that you do ok with white middle class voters.
                      I'm guessing the women at least will be happy if he doesn't reach towards them
                      Heh.

Another not insubstantial portion is driven by the fact of declining Caucasian influence feels like something is being taken from them.
                      The other way to put it is that they are driven by a sense that they are now back of the line. They see numerous social justice issues getting way more treatment. Blacks and the police. Gay rights. TRANSGENDER rights. And no one is talking about them. About their shitting towns. About the awful rise in heroin -- and it's awful. And scary. As far as the Ds are concerned, it's completely legitimate, IMO, to feel that whether or not men can use women's restrooms and showers is more important than them. It's not even that they are back of the line -- its that they aren't even in the line, and I think they legitimately feel ignored and even mocked and it builds resentment.

The Ds may pay lip service to their legitimate concerns, but it won't be long before it's all a matter of RACIST, SEXIST, GENDERIST, etc. At least, IMO. And, I think, when, not if, when the Ds go that way they are in real danger of turning a mostly blue B10 region into, at a minimum, purple.

So, they better pick up NC pretty damn soon.

Finally, something like 33 or 34 states are now R-dominated. I mean like governor at both houses. Ds have been absolutely destroyed in 2010, 2014 and 2016 cumulatively. Calling that much of country racist, etc., IMO, won't serve them well. But, I think that's what they'll do.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They are entrenching those they mock.

Comment

• Exactly right. And while demographics may be on their side, they're riding to the rescue at a glacial pace.

I told DSL I thought the B10 would eventually turn purple in 20 years. He thought I was wrong. And, I was..it may already be purple. If if that happens, the EC is back in play in a big way.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                            I haven't been scammed. I didn't vote for trump. I don't know how many times I have to repeat that to you..

and that is their view about her as a candidate. Frankly, it's true. Just a true as the knocks on Trump.

So while you blame trump supports and ignore the fact that your own party didn't show up, I'm standing here wondering how in the hell did either party nominate these two?
                            Oh I blame people for not showing up, if you stayed home because you thought Clinton had it in the bag it is a stain you should never live down.

It isn't my party and I pretty much split my ticket. I wouldn't have voted for Clinton in a primary.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Exactly right. And while demographics may be on their side, they're riding to the rescue at a glacial pace.

I told DSL I thought the B10 would eventually turn purple in 20 years. He thought I was wrong. And, I was..it may already be purple. If if that happens, the EC is back in play in a big way.

demographics are on the side of the dems, but history suggests when people move from 20 yr olds into their 30's and have kids many become more conservative. It happens. What you saw from the young won't continue. As for the increase in minorities across the country...

I believe humans like to divide into two. So even if the dem's owned the right demographics for 3-4 elections, it would break down. Because you can't please all the people all the time, those who supported you and begin feeling left out will look elsewhere for support. Its happening in the rust belt and will happen in other areas/demographics in the future.

Comment

• The basic message is ``you have to understand the nuances of our life and appreciate our circumstances, but we do not owe you the same in return. Whilst we demand your empathy and attention, we will continue to paint you all with the same brush, whether you are real elites or simply people that happen to live in cities. If you don't like it we will have a tantrum.'' Someone has to be the grown-up and it's not gonna be them. And, for now, they have the muscle to manage this.

Comment

Working...
                                X