No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry all, this has been a very civil thread. Too bad this jackass showed up...
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Suck it up, buttercup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Now for something completely different:

Happy Veterans Day to all who served.

CGVT: USCG 1983-2013

Anybody else?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CGVT; November 11, 2016, 06:36 PM.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yep Happy Veterans day.

Comment

• Back-2-Back World War Champs!
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We're 10 and 1!

Comment

• Coop, grow up. You too CGVT. You are messing up the thread.

Comment

• Trump now talking about keeping portions of Obamacare. And staffing his foreign polocy team with ex-Bush neocons.

I'm sure this is totally what the Alt-Right had in mind!!!! Cue the Pepe the Frog cartoons!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    Coop, grow up. You are messing up the thread.
                    Ha! You want sole responsibility for that...;)

BTW, I already apologized.
                    Last edited by CGVT; November 11, 2016, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Lol!
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Don't know, maybe they aren't really culturally conservative.
                        Good honest answer.

Evangelicals are plenty culturally conservative; you will just have to trust me on that. All the talk around my church was about the Constitution and what Hillary's election and her appointment of someone like her to the Court would have on basic rights. You saw what Hoss said about "hicks", and rural folks, and how stupid we are. Hicks place a high value on the First Amendment. Same with the Second. This overrides Trump's words. It overrides his actions because rural folk simply write that off as the goofiness of urban people. Froot, Hillary has not driven a car in 35 years! I drive 22 miles one way to the grocery store. "Stronger Together": really? I digress. Evangelicals care that Trump is thrice married, now to a model, but they overlook that because they feel the Constitution is threatened.

Second, there are lots of small businessmen in flyover country. A friend of mine named Juan, Owner of Juan Time Roofing, is Mexican, legal and voted for Trump. If you ever heard him kicking my ass in the coffee shop as a traitor to my class because I am so liberal you would laugh. Obama and Hillary have a visceral hatred of small business. Obamacare is specifically designed to cripple small business. Juan just wants to roof houses without spending two days getting a permit. Froot, I am 100% certain you have little understanding of regulation and what it does to people in the private sector. Obamacare is regulation.

Last fall, I invited an illegal couple to Thanksgiving. Honduras. Been here 4 months. He was a teacher there, she a nurse. He now works as a farm laborer, she as a housewife and mother. That mother business is important because they announced last Thanksgiving that they were pregnant. She had her baby in June in a good hospital with good care all around. These two Hondurans are utterly committed adopting the American way of life. A couple of weeks ago, Mom brought baby Sarah Marie to the office. SM was dressed in a Halloween outfit with an orange cap and everyone fell in love with her all over again. Mom and Dad speak passable English and want to apply for citizenship. Mom asked me about Trump, and I could only tell her that if she and Dad continued to work hard and pay their taxes, no politician on earth is going to be allowed to kick them out of the country. Rural hicks will shelter them because Sarah Marie is not a voting block. Froot, you cannot be pro-life and still want that life to be shit-for-the-birds in some third-world hellhole. Evangelicals view Sarah Marie as having the same rights as a "fetus" would have immediately prior to birth.
                        Last edited by Da Geezer; November 11, 2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Ha! You want sole responsibility for that...

BTW, I already apologized.
                          Absolutely. I didn't even know if I should include you, and didn't think I did, but I've proven I am not too swift on the computer. You, sir, stated your beliefs before the election, and I figure you are fair game for Hanni and a couple others, but not for these carpetbaggers who want to prance around in victory. They are the ones who should apologize, not you

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Trump now talking about keeping portions of Obamacare. And staffing his foreign polocy team with ex-Bush neocons.

I'm sure this is totally what the Alt-Right had in mind!!!! Cue the Pepe the Frog cartoons!

Typical Libtard spin.

Mr. Trump said he favors keeping the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients? existing conditions, and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies.

That's simply common sense - call it "Obamacare" if you need to cling to it

Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              Hack:
                              The "sticks and stones.." is a 1st grade summary of the First Amendment. Americans are guaranteed the right to say and write (free press) what they think. The Supreme Court has held that we can't scream fire in a crowded theatre (I've always wondered if we could scream fire in a non-crowded theatre) and we can't write things that can reasonably be expected to cause an action that hurts others. But beyond that, we can say and write what we want. No one can bully you without your consent, Hack. You have the right to control your own mind.

As I say relentlessly, I think the education system has failed your generation. My professors taught me to prefer listening to the opposite side of my arguments. I watched CNN almost exclusively on the 8-9th. I read what you post with a student's interest. What you posted on the Wahabis might have been the best thing I've learned in the last year. Why the idiot Republicans don't simply say that the Ws are also our enemy, I will never know, but they won't.

As I've told you, the best compliment I received in college was when one professor said to me, "Geezer,you have no paradigms." I'm not sure he even meant it as a compliment. What harm would be if you taped FBN from 9:00 am to about 9:45 and watched it?
                              If you like my posts then you can take the good with whatever it is you perceive as the bad. As I do with you.

What's FBN?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                                Typical Libtard spin.

Mr. Trump said he favors keeping the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients? existing conditions, and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies.

That's simply common sense - call it "Obamacare" if you need to cling to it

He's in favor of Big Government ordering around private companies, in other words.

Comment

Working...
                                X