No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was hoping Nebraska could take the series vs Maryland baseball but they lost both in the double header today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Swept texas one weekend... Get swept the next my Maryland. Need to play better on the road.

Comment

• I think we're going to find that Texas was tad overrated.

Comment

• stfu

Comment

• nice video with UNL's new RB coach:

Comment

• Representing!

Lawrence Phillips suspected of killing prison cellmate
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Ah yes another Tom Osbourn "saved soul".

Comment

• who hear hasn't had an annoying roomate??

stan... I love your envy.
                  Last edited by entropy; April 14, 2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Dammon Benning's perspective on LP.. interestng listen.. A different side than we all see.

all that said, be clear.. I'm not excusing anything. Just an interesting listen to a guy who seemed to lose control of his emotions and also a guy who can also be a "best friend"... interesing insight. A lot of early childhood things I didn't know..
                    Last edited by entropy; April 14, 2015, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• It's stupid to try to nail Osborne or vilify LP.

The world of crime and those who live in it are not anything like those of us who post here. That's for a ton of reason not worth going into.

After I graduated from Emory University's Physician Assistant Program, I worked in one of the two maximum security prisons in Georgia. I stayed there for almost 5 years before leaving for private practice. Getting to know the life of prisoners and criminals was interesting. The ones that I'm talking about here are those on Death Row or who have life sentences or a lot of hard time without parole. I'm not talking about the petty, repeat offenders and there are way too many of them in US prison systems .... another story altogether.

Most of them have significant mental health issues and brought these to prison, they didn't develop them there. They get good treatment. Some of them become different people when they are properly managed from a mental and physical health standpoint. Some don't because they are not candidates for therapy being so seriously impaired, criminally insane/sexually deviant, they require institutionalization in the few beds that the state of Georgia has for that purpose. I think it is around 60 and that is not nearly enough.

LP obviously has problems. He is certainly responsible for his own actions but you'd be surprised how difficult it is for these kinds of criminals to discriminate from right actions and wrong ones. They simply lack the frontal cortex activity to do that. Medications can help but a good deal of this is from the social and environmental context which they came to be and where they are now. For many, it is unlikely they will ever escape that dungeon that was created around them and for which they had little control over.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Husker Nation

I think your last sentence explains a lot of the problems. How to fix it is probably an almost impossible question to answer.

Comment

• I keep thinking about Benning's comment "hurt people hurt people"...

Comment

• 60 beds for the Georgia penal system for those in need of psychiatric care is one reason why the system "will not fix it". (an altogether topic, which if I understand the "new" "rules of the road" is not to be discussed here. ) Hell, I spent more time around cold blooded killers, stick up men, sexual deviants, and other hard core thugs than anyone here (with the exception of Jeff) representing them in court. My criticism of Osbourn is his phony excuse that he continued to give Phillips breaks because he was deep down a decent kid who just needed a helping hand. I haven't seen or read anything that suggests Osbourn or Nebraska, for that matter, has come forward to "help" Phillips since the day he played his last game for Nebraska. Just cut the crap. Phillips was a thug from day one and would have never been allowed to remain at Nebraska if he couldn't carry the rock. Own up to your shit. don't try to hide from it or rationalize it.

Comment

• stan.. what evidence do you have LP was a thug from day one? Another envy post? And actually the staff did stay in contact with LP post graduation. Darlington still remains in contact with him to this day according to the interview. I know LP and TO have both stated they've had contact in the past and TO was reaching out to him during his time in the NFL to help and talk. I don't know much about TO and LP recently.

In hindsight the help they tried to provide and the structure recommended by counselors didn't work.. what would have worked? I'm not sure.. I still don't know the answers and I think this was TO's biggest mistake. Even at the time I thought he should be off the team for the year and brought back the following. But most coaches try to help their kids. It's great press to say a coach kicked a kid off the team, but most don't because they actually do care and want to help. LP wasn't needed by nebraska.. plenty of RB's and they did fine without him. But LP needed something. At the time, it was thought he needed structure and guidance.

The more you hear his ex-teammates talk or tweet, the more I sense LP didn't look for or create trouble, he just had no ability to properly respond to perceived disrespectful remarks.
                              Last edited by entropy; April 15, 2015, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• But you will never convince nebraska fans that TO did it to win games.... we have too many examples and too much experience with TO creating programs and supporting players beyond football.. and making football really part of growing up not the only thing that matters.

But I understand.. it's easier to demonize from the outside and makes my teams lack of equal success palatable. Heck, I'm just as guilty when it comes to the SEC

Comment

Working...
                                X