No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a long time I would mildly root for MSU against anybody except UM, simply because I didn't deem them "the enemy" like OSU, I guess this has changed.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I'm still pretty indifferent to State and am mostly just amused by the joy of their fans in the 4 year win streak while failing to ignore the 6 year losing streak that preceded it.

Comment

• Some people like having strong enemies because they like the thought of getting maximum heartbreak when they beat them. There's some merit to this when your team is actually capable of beating them. When you have lost a combined 11 in a row to your two biggest rivals, you just need a victory. Any victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Some people like having strong enemies because they like the thought of getting maximum heartbreak when they beat them. There's some merit to this when your team is actually capable of beating them. When you have lost a combined 11 in a row to your two biggest rivals, you just need a victory. Any victory.
          I can sort of see that.

for a long time in my lifetime (born in 85) State was a BigTen punching bag, the easy win.

Have patience Grasshoppers, it will turn around.

Comment

• Yes it will. And I'll still want Sparty to lose all thier games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Yes it will. And I'll still want Sparty to lose all thier games.
              LOL.

to each his own.

Although I don't see Florida Atlantic beating the Spartans anytime soon.

Comment

• Keep hope alive.

Comment

• UNL is now #1 in volleyball
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Nobody cares

Comment

• ....... I do......
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Well, I spent most of my life in Michigan and never, not once, felt the urge to root for msu for geography's sake. The notion that we should "root for all the Michigan teams" is a dated notion advanced by bored housewives who couldn't care less about sports. Sparty is the enemy, as is ohio state. I simply don't like them, therefore, I want them to lose all their games. It's very simple. Rooting for a major rival to win important games goes against every fiber of my being. That's like saying my two favorite countries are the United States and Russia. It just doesn't make any damn sense.
                        ::::cross-country high five to Mike:::::
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          ::::cross-country high five to Mike:::::
                          I heard Owosso has a good marching band. We played them once my 11th grade year, and it seems like the crowd left after halftime lol.

Comment

• and it seems like the crowd left after halftime lol.
                            That is a long-standing (no pun intended) tradition at Oh-So-So High School football games. Come watch the band, leave after the halftime show.

In the 36-year history of the MHSAA Football Playoffs, Owosso has gotten into the field exactly one (1) time. They had some good teams during the Brad Van Pelt era of course, but since then, not so much.

On Friday, they just completed their season and ended at 5-4, for their first winning record since 2002.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You root for good - Nebraska, who, as far as I can tell, has always played by the rules and I hold Tom Osborne in a class of CFB coaches that includes Bo Schembechler - and hope evil (osu and MSU) fall on hard times like they should for their shaddy behavior.

Pretty simple.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I have always rooted for MSU against ND and OSU. But it depends on whom we have been losing to recently. Right now I'm more against MSU than ND. Of course that will change.

We owned the Spartans in the 1940s until Biggy Munn (UM assitant under Crisler) jumped ship and became HC in E. Lansing. They rapidly became our most hated rival, more so than OSU. And we fought their name change from MSC to MSU. Never did care much for that school.

Comment

Working...
                                X