Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not your fault Talent.

Harbaugh is going to take this match and likely next year too as Meyer loses most of his starters.

If DSL & Talent aren't already Married to the Drink, now would be a great time to start.
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Hey, in 2017 Ohio State will have much easier schedule and tons of returning starters!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Urban Meyer will be gone by then.

Comment

• Poor Urban just couldn't get away from a better coach. First Saban gave him palpitations now JimmyBallgame.

Enjoy those last 2 seasons oLidiots, it will never be as good for you again.
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Dantonio is the one who has beaten him twice since he's come to the B1G.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Yep, the Michigan schools will be making Urbs their bitch on the regular.
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Lol. Please keep posting. This stuff is so much fun to shove up your ass sideways. Your take on Hoke-UFM was fantastic.

Comment

• You may have a point about Cook being out, helping MSU, im thinking another angle also. UM could have thought he will just beat (MSU with out their qb) since they wouldn't be able to score againt his D - so he can move on to Harbaugh without showing Michigan anything to prepare for? Not sure any reasonable explanation for that game plan otherwise.

Comment

• They're offense has been pretty average most the year. If he was holding back for this game, while taking an L in the process, that's pretty dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      They're offense has been pretty average most the year. If he was holding back for this game, while taking an L in the process, that's pretty dumb.
                      As far-fetched as this sounds, Michigan on the horizon could've had something to do with what looked to be a lack of preparation and enthusiasm from OSU. No offense to Sparty but we all know which game each team looks forward to every year. OSU is going to come to play Saturday and I expect a healthy dose of Elliot ? la Indiana....especially with all the kerfuffle down in Columbus.

Kerfuffle - a commotion or fuss, especially one caused by conflicting views.
                      Last edited by Wellington_beefhouser; November 23, 2015, 11:43 PM.
                      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• There's no way they were overlooking MSU. If you're looking for psychological explanations, the obvious is that Ohio State was overconfident and, at least for this season, untested. They were the defending CFP champs. They had nearly everyone back. They railed MSU's defense in EL last season.

The larger point still is on gameplan, execution and the way the offense has been brought along all season.

Anyway, that game is done. I have far more perspective than I did 15 years ago, and I'm not going to stew over a loss on the the last play of the game that ends a 23-game winning streak and drops the coach's record at OSU to 48-4.

Comment

• I appreciate that you have "more perspective." The national sports media, OTH, has been rife with condemnatory comment about the osu program, ufm, the controversy in Columbus yada, yada, yada. Given that this is The Game week, this kind of bad press is much appreciated. It's fun for M fans, at least this one, having endured a decade of being osu's bitch.

So, stand the fuck by for more of it.

I'm counting on HARBAUGH!!! to rub it in the festering wounds of osu's pride before the fall by, well, maybe going for 2 when leading by 20 points or so in AA this weekend. A little dose of humility and a lot of cruelty for you boys will be well deserved.

Now, if osu comes to AA and proves themselves worthy by winning, something I'm hearing most of the radio sports commentators saying is required to "save" osu's season (and I'd likely agree with you if you were to say, "that's pretty funny"), I'll be sure to NOT to be around here congratulating you so, forget about it.

Fuck osu.

That is all ....... there is no reason to analyze this game. None of that matters. This is WAR and it always has been.
                          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 24, 2015, 08:43 AM.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Understood. Heh.

I would look at this season as underachieving if they finish 10-2 and in a Florida bowl. This would be first time UFM has underachieved, and it's mostly due to extremely high expectations.

Now, for next season...I'd sign up for 10-2 right now. Massive talent loss + tough schedule = Ouch. Still really like 2017, even if WM thinks UFM will be gone by then.

That said, the last two OSU seasons have affirmed that things rarely go as expected so who the fuck knows about 2016 and 2017.

Comment

• I hate those Sparty /Baylor uniforms especially that helmet. Not sure if osu wore that tribute uni for 1968 since the NC game this year. Im not going to say take your punishment and like it, though Harbaugh will deal it if given. Looking for another whiter knuckler.

Comment

• 1. They were overconfident, no doubt about that.
                                2. The MSU line play was what we expected before the season started, they are healthy and they were shooting for this game all year.
                                3. The weather was a big deal, you can't pass in wind like that. The MSU game plan was indirectly helped because of the weather and the Cook injury. You always want your best player on the field but if you have the other two QBs they are going to run a lot more. The Spartans have used both O'Connor and Terry all season, much to the dismay of Spartan fans as those plays would take them out of a rhythm. But it paid dividends Saturday.
                                4. OSU had a bad game plan, but it isn't as simple as giving the ball to Zeke more. They only had 47 plays and 5 1st downs. It wasn't like they weren't giving him the ball in favor of some scrubs. They weren't giving him the ball because he wasn't gaining any yards to get more 1st downs.

Comment

Working...
                                X