Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what OSU has that Michigan and Nebraska does not is a state with a lot of HS football talent. Much of that talent is loyal to the home school. They will be fine.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I agree. O-Lie-O will always be able to get top players from their own state. Kids grow up there, and are duped into believing that nothing good exists outside their own borders, and have an inbred hate for Michigan. Nobody will ever change those attitudes.

But the more enlightened people, like Charles Woodson, Desmond Howard, Shawn Crable, Elvis Grbac and others, will manage to find their way out of that cesspool and end up at places like Michigan and other respectable universities.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• There's a lot more going on in Columbus than this relatively tame SI article. It has some new information, but it was a slight disappointment overall. In between Tressel knowingly playing five ineligible players and players receiving improper benefits all the way back to 2002, it still sounds a lot like "lack of institutional control" to me.
        Last edited by Hannibal; May 31, 2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Sure beats Stretchgate by comparison.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Ahhh the hopes and dreams and aspirations of the Michigan faithful...

Comment

• Still in denial.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                Still in denial.
                Still holding out hope that THIS is how Michigan gets back to the dizzying heights of the 90's

Comment

• Anybody guessing OSU's record this coming year yet? I'm thinking 5-7. No bowl game.
                  I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• I don't ultimately care how we get back as long we can do without scandal and controversy. Having said, that I agree with you DSL, that it would have been preferable to beat the 'Vest even with his cheating ways.

It's interesting listening to Rivals this morning ... I thought the SI piece was mostly meh... but their belief is that the NCAA will likely postpone the COI and reopen an investigation and likely follow-up with two additional provisions not listed in the NOA: (a) failure to monitor and (b) loss of institutional control. It gets to an issue of was the random check of a few auto sales a sufficient measure by the compliance department when so many players were driving nice cars.

I will believe it when I see it, but if the NCAA does delay the COI hearing, I will start to believe that punishments may actually be stiff.

At this point, I would predict: vacate 2010, dismiss TP, +/- one year bowl ban, and show cause on the 'Vest.

If the failure to monitor and loss of IC get handed down, then think USC+ in terms of penalties.

Comment

• too hard to guess O-state's record this year without knowing (a) if any more players get suspended .... now that we are up to Tat28+ (including an additional 9 on the current roster) and (b) what kind of coach Fickell is.

They could be anywhere from 7-5 to 10-2 in my estimation. I don't see a losing season ... too much talent.

Comment

• I'm guessing Bauserman will handle the QB position early on. I hope Braxton Miller learns quickly.

Comment

• Will tp investigation postpone any meetings with o-lie-o and ncaa?

Comment

• Ray Isaac got cash and Tressel "didn't know" (even though he introduced Isaac to the guy who gave him cash). The NCAA hammered Youngstown State years after a crack internal investigation found everyone perfectly innocent LMAO.

Maurice Clarrett got cash and vehicles and Tressel "didn't know". Clarett's story about academic fraud, by the way, was corroborated by a teaching assistant, who was promptly fired.

Troy Smith was getting cash and Tressel "didn't know". The same guy who gave Troy Smith cash was also accused of setting up a phony job for Chris Gamble. A crack investigation by OSU found that Gamble was innocent LOL

At least 28 players were getting improper benefits at OSU since 2002. Antonio Pittman tweeted "what's the big deal? We've been getting tattoo hookups since 2001?" Innocent Saint Jim Tressel "didn't know".

Terrelle Pryor has been pulled over in Columbus three times in three different vehicles. And he had another new one yesterday. Tressel "didn't know". Although he made sure to forward the tattoo parlor e-mails to Pryor's sugar daddy for some reason.

Santonio Holmes was getting taken care of by an agent. Tressel "didn't know" about that either.

Tressel told both the media and the NCAA that he "didn't know" about the Tat 5. He lied. It's in black and white. When the university found this out, they gave him a meaningless token punishment and self-imposed no penalties.

And I'm leaving out about a half dozen more examples, including all of the shady vehicle sales to players and their families.

Lack of institutional control. It's not possible to come up with a better example or a more textbook definition.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; May 31, 2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• I had heard on the ticket with gator/karsch this morning that the number is now up to forty players on the take.

Comment

• Vacate all osu wins from 2002 forward or simply impose the four year 'death penalty' ala SMU. That will get other school's attention and instill fear of an NCAA investigation.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X