Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Khmer Rouge sings the praises of Pol Pot.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• With the SI story done, time for more rumors. OSU football blog Eleven Warriors is saying there could be "much more"

The largest Ohio State football blog on the planet and your first stop for news, analysis, video, recruiting and more.

I think this has been posted before since it was the source of the "Pryor is done" rumor.

Comment

• Saw this comment attached to that article, Jamie.

Used to defend Pryor because he won, and his previously known violations seemed tame and ridiculous as in the sold memorabilia, but if he drives this program into the ground, he can get the f*ck out of Columbus now. Used to back him, but that will happen no more.

Just more evidence of the "just win" mentality...until they actually do something "really wrong".

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Ray Isaac got cash and Tressel "didn't know" (even though he introduced Isaac to the guy who gave him cash). The NCAA hammered Youngstown State years after a crack internal investigation found everyone perfectly innocent LMAO.

Maurice Clarrett got cash and vehicles and Tressel "didn't know". Clarett's story about academic fraud, by the way, was corroborated by a teaching assistant, who was promptly fired.

Troy Smith was getting cash and Tressel "didn't know". The same guy who gave Troy Smith cash was also accused of setting up a phony job for Chris Gamble. A crack investigation by OSU found that Gamble was innocent LOL

At least 28 players were getting improper benefits at OSU since 2002. Tressel "didn't know". Antonio Pittman tweeted "what's the big deal? We've been getting tattoo hookups since 2001?"

Terrelle Pryor has been pulled over in Columbus three times in three different vehicles. And he had another new one yesterday. Tressel "didn't know". Although he made sure to forward the tattoo parlor e-mails to Pryor's sugar daddy for some reason.

Santonio Holmes was getting taken care of by an agent. Tressel "didn't know" about that either.

Tressel told both the media and the NCAA that he "didn't know" about the Tat 5. He lied. It's in black and white. When the university found this out, they gave him a meaningless token punishment and self-imposed no penalties.

And I'm leaving out about a half dozen more examples, including all of the shady vehicle sales to players and their families.

Lack of institutional control. It's not possible to come up with a better example or a more textbook definition.
          How much of this is remotely relevant to what the NCAA might rule on in the upcoming months? Santonio Holmes and Troy Smith?

Comment

• Can someone explain to me the procedure Michigan has that would prevent players from exchanging their memorabilia for favors or other items in and around Ann Arbor? Honest question

Comment

• Excellent post, Hannibal.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• strange, I honestly don't know. But that has never been at the crux of this issue, if you ask me. The point I've (and others) have made is that is wasn't the offenses that were so egregious, but the total deception that Tressell seems to have operated under for the better part of his coaching tenure, both at YSU and osu.

Now, the offense list is growing, so maybe that will be refined. But to me, it's always been the unethical conduct of a liar; one who has put himself on a pedestal of self-righteousness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Can someone explain to me the procedure Michigan has that would prevent players from exchanging their memorabilia for favors or other items in and around Ann Arbor? Honest question
                  I don't know, but whatever it is works pretty good, no?

If any shenanigans were going on it Michigan, it would have been found back in 2009. Between a journalist with an axe to grind and a gold mine of disgruntled players, we couldn't have gotten away with somebody getting a free Happy Meal.

Comment

Can someone explain to me the procedure Michigan has that would prevent players from exchanging their memorabilia for favors or other items in and around Ann Arbor? Honest question
                    David Brandon's lack of fuzzy morality.

Comment

• Can someone explain to me the procedure Michigan has that would prevent players from exchanging their memorabilia for favors or other items in and around Ann Arbor? Honest question

Probably not too different from c-bus ...mainly education ... repeatedly.

However, the difference is an issue of tolerance. If you have an environment where people are happy to look the other way when issues come up, that encourages the student athletes to continue (and be more egregious in the process)... that's what leads to the hellhole you are currently in.

Comment

• Hitler was a decent painter.

Comment

• SI writer on Dan Patrick show:

Says he dug up more dirt but SI couldn't print it due to a lack of proof. Thinks more stuff will come out as people dig deeper.

Comment

Honestly? I think Michigan takes compliance a lot more seriously in the wake of the Ed Martin affair, and now also with the 'practice-gate' of last year. They've had first hand experience of what can happen to a program (witness: Michigan Basketball) when it gets out of hand, and they're taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I think there are other reasons as well, but I think the above is the foundation its built upon.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Its a mind set, DSL, a culture that osu and many other schools simply don't have. It's also hard to define but it is the stuff that M's opponents snicker at ...... Michigan man, playing with integrity, leaders and best .... all of that.

While it is true that M football has it's problem children, those situations pale in comparison to what is being revealed about osu, about tressel and about the crop of players that tressel has brought to the program and buckeye nation.

I don't think there is a serious student of the Michigan/osu football battles over the years that didn't think that tressel cheated less than a year after he declared ......

"I can assure you that you will be proud of your young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on the football field."

tressel built a recruiting machine on the foundation of that cheating and this had plenty to do with osu's dominance in the conference .... maybe they just didn't cheat enough to transform that into national dominance.

There is no escaping that conclusion. How was it that USC dominated the PAC10 for years? They dominated recruiting in that conference and nationally ...... Carroll built a recruiting Machine with promises of freewheeling and bennies under the table. They got caught ....... osu got caught. Its over.

Are you proud of jim tressel, DSL? Is the buckeye nation proud?
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Are you proud of jim tressel, DSL? Is the buckeye nation proud?
                                Unfortunately for them, I think they are, Jeff.

They're already talking about making all this a "rallying point" for the team this year. They feel they've been dealt with unjustly, and now "somebody is going to pay".

Even with all this, they still don't get it.

They may never get it. They are so manically focused on scoreboard results, that nothing else matters.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X