Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy you can say that again!

Comment

• what's the line against Neb?

Comment

• Too few.

Comment

• Looks like we'll miss out on the quad-fecta today. Michigan won, Michigan State and Notre Dame lost, but the Buckeyes are rolling.

I notice Talent getting a little more assertive now that Michigan is widely recogized as the cream of the B1G. Feels good to be the underdog again, doesn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
            Looks like we'll miss out on the quad-fecta today. Michigan won, Michigan State and Notre Dame lost, but the Buckeyes are rolling.

I notice Talent getting a little more assertive now that Michigan is widely recogized as the cream of the B1G. Feels good to be the underdog again, doesn't it?
            OSU will beat M this year.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If they beat us this year, they will almost certainly beat us the next 2 years as well. I agree with you... O-state looks formidable

Comment

• M will win this year. Their seniors are playing well. So are Ohio State's, it's just that OSU's seniors are playing well and, in some cases, dominating in the NFL.

This is an anomalous year. Next year things will return to normal. But, sadly, that's not now and I will have to watch M win in Columbus for the first time in 16 years.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It should be a great game.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• As good as Speight has been this season, he won't see a defense like the one in C-Bus until he's there under fire. JT Barrett and the Buckeyes will roll.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I don't think either will roll. I think it's M by 7-10.

Comment

• The Michigan defense has feasted on bad O-Lines and inexperienced QBs. They look awesome when they get penetration, but they also have a tendency to give up a lot of big plays. Samuel will fly around the un-set edge, which will then open the middle for Weber. Barrett will be the run threat they haven't seen from the QB position. Gedeon won't be able to cover anyone out of the backfield. Stribling will get toasted at least twice. Meyer knows how to exploit the weak spots.
                        Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 6, 2016, 09:51 AM.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• osu's OL isn't great, Bob. The entire osu backfield will feel pressure from M. That's what Brown does. The way you stop the spread is to create havoc back there. The purpose is to stall out drives doing that. In the process you're going give up some chunk plays.

Michigan is #1 in scoring D at 10.7 PPG. Alabama is #2 at somewhere around 13.

JTB is slippery and the wild card in this match-up. He plays well, escapes and makes plays, osu wins. He doesn't, M does.

Right now, I like M's offense better than osu's. The number of tools, formations, and skill players at JH's/Fishe's disposal play to play is pretty impressive. M's OL v. OSU's DL may favor M a bit creating the circumstance where osu's D is on the field a little longer than ufm would like them to be. That's going to create opportunities for ball control later in the game.

While the rest of CFB is loving spread concepts and adopting them, Harbaugh is doing something completely different and succeeding with it. The big test of his approach will be winning out and playing competitively in the CFP. Winning it all would be nice and completely validate what he is doing. May a Pro-style PA focused offense with a little wild cat mixed in is a good way to go.

osu's offense can exploit M's principle weakness on D - consistently protecting the edge - if Barrett can get the O into the right play to get favorable match-ups, esp. in the RZ, they'll score some points

osu is not going to roll and neither is M. If it plays out like it should baring something weird happening in the next two games, osu and M will be playing for the BT Championship and a playoff spot.

The Game will be played like that.

Epic battle. If The Game we're played this Saturday, I'd favor M by 7.5.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Something like 90% of the money was on Nebraska. Line never wavered. Vegas had all of us suckers hooked. Next time someone says Vegas just wants 50/50, remember this game. Vegas REALLY wants heavy action on the wrong side of the number.

Comment

• Line was too small, I didn't bite but felt Tommy would play much like he did vs Wisconsin when he faced a good defense. No surprise Nebraska couldn't move the ball but surprised how easily OSU put up yardage and points.

Comment

• Talent predicts Michigan win, and so do I. Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but Michigan should win based upon performance to date. Bucks are very good, but lack crunch time credibility following their collapse against Penn State. Michigan wins based upon superior coaching which projects well into foreseeable future.

Comment

Working...
                                X