Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL:

I'm pretty sure OSU never offered the job to McDermott. That was some nice work on his end to get a little raise from Creighton. Thank god.

I advise you to consider hiring anyone willing to walk to Columbus.
    Heh.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Creighton > tOSU
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Creighton > Nebraska-Omaha > Chadron State > Nebraska-Lincoln

Comment

• I'll be smiling if Chris Jent ends up with the job.
          The OSU assistant... he has some years as an assistant in the NBA. No head coaching except for a NBA d league job.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Chris Holtmann. Sanity. Thank god.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Creighton > Nebraska-Omaha > Chadron State > Nebraska-Lincoln
              Yer out of line with the Chadron reference...asswipe...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Chris Holtmann was head coach for how many years at Butler? 3?

Comment

• 3 at Butler. As many as Matta had at X. And more total years. If he can match Matta then I'll be very happy.

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hi. Looking for the Oprah eBook Club.

Thanks in advance,

Yours in George Mikan,

Fyodor AA Dostoyevsky
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Ah, Stinking Lizaveta. You've been missed.

Comment

• I don't know what you two (Alabama and Ohio) are talking about, but Michigan is joining your club. As the Golden State Warriors and New England Patriots have demonstrated, offense is the great equalizer. Harbaugh will ride his underdog status to victories over your schools in the near future, on the strength of his passing game. Meyer's run/pass QBs will find themselves in a Jalen Hurts bind -- good enough to beat 99% of the opposition without mastering the passing game.

Anyway, gotta talk some trash to generate some excitement about our favorite pasttime.

Comment

• Commendable spirit, Dan, if misplaced. The important point to remember is that in his 6 seasons in the P12 and B10, HARBAUGH!!!! has won exactly zero division titles let alone conference titles. Sure, he did some ok things with the Niners -- losing in the NFC Title game; losing in the Super Bowl. But, you know, so did Lovie Smith. Incidentally, Lovie has as many P12/B10 titles as HARBAUGH!!!!

That said, you're right to hitch your wagon to the passing game. After watching M's OL play for the past, ummm, bazillion years, I certainly wouldn't want to bet on the run game.

Comment

• I wouldn't bet on either aspect of the offense until the Harbaugh OL recruits are juniors and seniors and Speight is no longer our QB for whatever reason.

But we do have our only successful OL coach of the last 20+ years back on the staff.

Comment

• Well researched, informative post Mr Talent (iam416). However you left out many of the good parts of the Harbaugh record. YOU CHERRY PICKED THE DATA.

So we agree that it will be a battle of Meyer(s) with running QBs versus Harbaugh with more pocket passers? The running QBs usually win in college, and the pass-first types in the pros. The trend is toward earlier maturation of professional football players, and it's likely that the pro style will become more effective in college. So your days are numbered, and those of your little Bucknuts too. You'll have to add more exclamation points to Harbaugh's name (and it appears you've been getting a bit slack in that regard).

Comment

Working...
                                X