Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Onion gets it right...

COLUMBUS, OH—Following allegations that the school’s head football coach knew about domestic abuse accusations made against a former assistant in 2015 and then lied that he didn’t, Ohio State University officials reportedly announced Thursday that Urban Meyer had been put on paid secret coaching leave. “We’re taking…

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• "I think Courtney Smith is going to end up looking really bad. Nearly as bad as Zach."

I don't think so. She handled herself very well in that interview. But the most telling point of it was that she admits she never told Meyer about her situation and"assumes" Shelly did.

Sports radio this morning is quoting Meyer from the past saying Shelly is like another head coach, keeping him informed on what is going on.

Hard to believe Shelly will throw Meyer under the bus

Count me in on the group that predicts Meyer keeps his job with a one game suspension. Any other sanction is unwarranted.

Comment

• Yeah, Stan, Courtney was well-prepared for the interview. I have almost no doubt that she coached up by her attorney as rigorously as you'd prep a direct examination trial witness.

To be clear, I don't disbelieve her. I just think that if we end up delving into this particular relationship it's going to look like a total and complete train-wreck. The only good thing to come of it is at least these two were dating each other.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "Courtney was well-prepared for the interview. I have almost no doubt that she coached up by her attorney as rigorously as you'd prep a direct examination trial witness."

I agree

Comment

• Those photos of her upper arms looked like bad moulage. The large area of bright red and even coloration on that area of upper arm just isn't something I have seen before. Redness from grabbing someone (even forcefully) is very temporary usually, and I do not remember ever seeing something with that even of an application of redness. Usually, you can make out the rough pattern of a hand or at least some fingers. Also, bruising would be quick to set in and is much harder to believably enhance with makeup. Wonder if she took a pic of the subsequent bruising? I would bet she did not, because I would also bet that while that red arm was grabbed it didn't make for an impressive photo and in my opinion it seems possible she aided it with some homemade moulage.

"So what?" you say? "Even if your opinion and speculation is correct, she was still grabbed!" Yes, I think she was grabbed, but if she artifically enhanced evidence of her injuries, I believe it could be considered a form of spoilation.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'm not really comfortable doing analysis on pictures of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                WF ..... he's dismissing you and picking on AA at the same time.

Ignore Hack..... except for when he's talking about CBB or economics.
                I assumed WF was referring to AA's reference to the kid that died at ND and Brian Kelly's role there. If I am mistaken it wouldn't be the first time.

Stop trying to join The Media, Jeff. You made a deal.

Comment

• It still amazes me that Brian Kelly kept his job after that.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Just get your ass up that 45-foot scissor lift in these gale-force winds, and stop being a pussy.

Comment

• As a side note, I want to congratulate the board. For a cold ass crew of sass-ass snark gangstas, you carrying this shit like a buncha congressmen and shit. For real.

Yes, I still miss Prop Joe.

Comment

• That makes me want to sass Urban and Ohio State.

Comment

• Courtney Smith interview was good, but she ain't no Clay Davis:

Clay Davis on the witness stand for his own defense in his money laundering trial. (Season 5, Episode 7 "Took")

Comment

• Clay Davis is a great American.

Comment

• He makes my top 10 characters on that show, and that's really saying something.

Comment

• Definitely top 10:

mcNulty, Omar, Stringer, Bunk, Bubbles, Clay...who else?

Comment

Working...
                                X