Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Pete Werner commits. He replaces Simmons both at position and as the lowest rated non-kicker in the class. I think he's rated slightly higher than Simmons, and I know Fickell really liked him.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, Tate Martell seems to think OSU will get another 2 or 3 5* players. Okudah, duh. Not sure if he's counting Shaun Wade, an OSU verbal who announces his final decision tomorrow, but I'm guessing other 2 are Wilson and Holmes.
        Last edited by iam416; December 11, 2016, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Fickell is off to coach UC (cincinnati) next year as head coach. Hopefully UC will get the Fickell with a little Urban rubbed off on him, not the Fickell who kept the place while Urban was waiting in the wings.

Comment

• Well, this time he'll actually get to pick his staff and won't be stuck with Nic Sicilliano as QB coach and Bill man as OC.

Comment

• OSU and Cincinnati next scheduled to play in 2019

Comment

• Fickell will be back at OSU by 2021.

Comment

• As what?

Comment

• DL coach? ST coordinator? I dunno. But he won't last at Cinci for more than four years is my prediction.

Comment

• It'll be interesting. I'll say this about 2011 -- he was right and truly F'd in the ass in a host of different ways. First, he was stuck with the staff that was there. The most important part of that equation is that there was no QB coach once Tressel left. Ostensibly it was Nic Sicilliano, but Stan White is as qualified to coach QBs as him. He was also stuck with Bollman. Second, he wasn't ready. He wasn't ready for a MAC job let alone an elite job. I will always love Coach Tressel, but I don't think he did a particularly good job of developing assistants save for Dantonio, but I think that's almost happenstance. He preferred guys he was comfortable with and continuity. I don't think he really challenged his staff.

5 years under UFM is a significant learning experience. UFM wants the best assistants he can get and will challenge them to be their best even that means being an asshole...99% of the time. He is ultra demanding in how the entire program is run. I think Fickell probably learned that the hard way, but I think he's got it now. My guess is he will still be himself which will include some Tressel, but he'll also take a lot of what UFM taught him.

And he'll get to pick his staff. He wants to run power spread stuff. Heh.

Cincinnati is exactly the type of school that can lead to bigger things as shown by the last 10-12 years. Those "almost P5" schools are a great springboard.

However, I'm not sure on Fickell. I think he'll be alright. But, unlike Herman, who I was dead certain about, I think he could also fail. I'd rate it 65/35 in his favor.

In any event, I wish him well, so long as his interests don't conflict with my interests.

Comment

• God, I can barely stand to vaguely relive 2011. What an atrocity.

Comment

• In more positive news, with Pete Werner finally making it official, OSU's 247 composite stands at 300.82 with a mere 16 position-player verbals. By comparison, OSU's outstanding 2013 class came it 303.27 for 24.

Werner is also the lowest rated position player in this year's class at 281. The 2013 class had 5 kids rated lower than that. Of course, 3 of them were Darron Lee, Tyquan Lewis and Chris Worley, so. And the 2013 class has produced 4 first round picks, including 3 top 10 picks. Vonn Bell was a 2nd round pick. And Gareon Conley should get drafted in the 2/3. And JTB was in the class. So, it worked out.

Hopefully this year's class will work out as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            God, I can barely stand to vaguely relive 2011. What an atrocity.
                            I miss Joe Bausermann...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I thought we were friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                God, I can barely stand to vaguely relive 2011. What an atrocity.
                                I can't imagine the pain, you must have been so damaged.

Comment

Working...
                                X