Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep

Comment

• Talent.. any recent discussion on this in Ohio?

@FootballScoop Predict Tim Beck leaves Ohio State for Pitt OC job. Narduzzi wanted him originally. Not calling plays at OSU.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• He's definitely not calling plays. There's been some speculation that he'd leave because of that. I'd say the speculation amongst fans is, heh, hopeful. They're not enamored with the passing game. They probably fail to realize that UFM is responsible for the offense. End of story.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if he left.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• No room at the hotel for Bubba Bolden. That has to be a good sign.

Comment

• My "final" December prediction for the the class: Okudah, Darnay Holmes, Jaylen Harris and Thayer Munford.

I think Marvin Wilson is LSU. I think Tufele stays in Utah. And OSU's streak of missing difference-making DTs continues.

Final class to finish around 320.

Comment

• The 2018 rankings were updated again as various sites updated their respective takes. They're starting to take some form. Again, only doing kids in the top 50 with some apparently real interest in OSU.

8. Jackson Carmen (OT) (Previous -- 17)
              9. Taron Vincent (DT) (14)
              10. Jamaree Salyer (OT) (11)
              14. Tyreke Johnson (S) (Not included last time)
              15. Palaie Gaoteote (LB) (29)
              16. Lorenzo Lingard (RB) (15)
              21. Emory Jones (QB) (VERBAL) (19)
              23. Derek Allen (CB) (Not included last time)
              24. Ricky Slade (APB) (Not included last time)
              27. Teradja Mitchell (LB) (28 )
              31. Jaelen Gill (WR) (25)
              32. Jaiden Woodbey (S) (26)
              41. Houston Griffith (CB) (42)
              43. Matt Jones (DT) (49)
              47. Austin Fontaine (DT) (45)

My take 13.5 months from NLOID -- heh --

Locks: Carman (8 ), Jones (21), Gill (31)
              Very Strong Position: Vincent (9), Gaoteote (15), Jones (43)
              Probably Leading: Slade (24); Griffith (41); Fontaine (47)
              Southern Kids They Can Actually Pull: Lingard (16), Allen (23)
              Southern Kids They Will Likely Finish 2nd: Salyer (10), Johnson (14), Mitchell (27)
              West Coast Kid That Really Likes OSU But Will Probably End Up At USC: Woodbey (32)

51-100 w/ High OSU Interest:

53. Brian Snead (RB) (VERBAL)
              77. Jeremy Ruckert (TE)
              86. Kamryn Babb (WR)

Finally, Ohio Kids that are or will be "Takes"

101. L'Christian Smith (WR) (Sparty very involved)
              134. Dallas Gant (OLB) (OSU-ND battle)
              175. Tyreke Smith (WDE/TE) (Penn State is now very involved)
              236. Christopher Oats (OLB) (OSU Lock)

Comment

• These 2 were in my video, asshats still piss me off with all the other non-calls.

Big Ten admits officiating error in Michigan-Ohio State

Big Ten is now formally acknowledging other mistakes from Michigan’s loss at Ohio State on Nov. 26, which landed the Buckeyes in the College Football Playoff and knocked the Wolverines out.

Comment

• Maybe I missed it...where was the reference to the conference admitting errors...not being an ass...but all I read was opinion of the writer of the article. I think we all agreed there was a missed DPI on OSU...not sure there is some major relevation here...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well for fucks sake, I really didn't want to dig into this any further. And I should have just passed, anyway here is a better link from FOX Sports.

Michigan Football: Big Ten Admits Some Officiating Woes Against Ohio State

Nearly a month after it happened, the Big Ten has admitted to the Chicago Tribune that it did miss some calls in Michigan football's loss to Ohio State.The game that will continue to be drenched in controversy for a long time to come just came back in the news, as Big Ten coordinator of footb...

Comment

• I don't think you're an ass either, but when you say you're missing something, I am encouraged. You're making progress.

Comment

• Nearly a month after it happened, the Big Ten has admitted to the Chicago Tribune that it did miss some calls in Michigan football’s loss to Ohio State.
                        It takes a true M "writer" to cite that particular Chicago Tribune article to suggest some sort of impropriety. Again, for those that wish the comprehensive, definitive piece: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...22-column.html

There was one missed call. In the first quarter. Oh well. Officials missed calls. This particular group, the highest rated in the B10 did a great job overall.

At the end of the day, the team that had more total yards in regulation (on fewer plays), more total yards in OT and more total yards for the game (on fewer plays) won, deservingly so. Unfortunately, OSU's kicker had a bag game necessitating OT, but shit happens. M's kicker had a bad game against Wisky making it considerably closer than it should have been.

Comment

• On another happy note, my Stillers ripped the heart out of the Ravens yesterday. It's been a fantastic four weeks watching my teams destroy the hopes and dreasm Team HARBAUGH.

Comment

• Let's never speak of this again. The psychology of it is so easy to see: a bitter loss to a rival that was in reach. Kubler-Ross has them teetering between denial, anger, and bargaining. There is no good that can come out of its discussion. Acceptance will take time and may never come:

I remember a game between Bama and Arkansas under Shula. Went to OT. Bama intercepted the ball on the first Razorback possession. Just needed a FG to win it. Bama's O wasn't good and we played above our heads to get to OT.....BUT WAIT! Flag on the INT. Called us for unsportsmanlike celebration. We still had the ball but instead of a 35-yard FG it was now a 50 unless we could move the ball. Which was not, you know, very fucking likely.... After three vanilla plays, it was 4th and 10. We shank a 50-yard attempt and Arkansas gets...well, long story shorter, we lose. The SEC office came out and said that celebration should probably not have been called. All-in-all, the game was called well and we had chances before and after to win it, but I still haven't made peace with it. Talking about it and reason won't help either, really.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yes, I still miss Coach Shula.

Comment

• I hate Shula. Hate is the wrong word. He was an affable guy who had no business being a head coach. He was out of his element.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X