Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The M/osu rivalry has been redefined.

It will no longer be a game played between long time rivals from two great institutions who play great football.

It is a game where one institution will be recognized for its excellence and integrity and one for its utter depravity.

Remember wrestling in the 50's/60? ....... good guy character versus bad guy character. Sometimes the bad guy won; everyone hated that. But most of the time the good guy won.

This is what M/osu has become. A wrestling match between good and evil. ..... and osu fans can blame jim tressle, gene smith and gordon gee who all looked the other way at jt's cheating because, as Lines has said all along, "win baby, win."
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Multiple sources who post about the internet, claiming relationships with NCAA officials and other persons involved with CFB compliance, are reporting that:

jt will be show caused.

LOIC and failure to monitor will be awarded to osu by the NCAA

osu will get a 2-3 year bowl ban that will probably include the BT Championship game.

Scholarship losses equivalent to or slightly above USCs.

General consensus was that the bowl ban will hurt osu the most ...... and that would be the purpose of this penalty. Individual Pain for osu that does not hurt other teams in the conference like a TV ban would.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• interesting.... on the Paul Finebaum show, Danny Sheridan was reporting (from his inside contacts) that the recommendation for a TV ban would at least be discussed at the COI.... I tend to agree with you Jeff, that a TV ban is unlikely because it hurts another team as well .... and Delany will be on his hands and knees begging that this doesn't happen.

Also, I think its been over 15 years since the NCAA came down with a TV ban.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          The M/osu rivalry has been redefined.

It will no longer be a game played between long time rivals from two great institutions who play great football.

It is a game where one institution will be recognized for its excellence and integrity and one for its utter depravity.

One formerly proud institution is coming off years of bottom of the barrel performance and the other formerly proud institution is entering sanctions...definitely tarnished nationally.
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I guess I agree about the tv ban also. But, I am unclear about the relationship between the Big Twen and the NCAA regarding self imposed penalties. Without a lot of knowledge about this, the possibility of a tv ban or other penalties that would involve collateral damage to other teams may be or should bemore motivation for individual conference leaders (commissioner, AD's, etc) to monitor or self impose their own programs and that of the conference more closely or with more integrity. I guess I still don't understand why the Big Twen did not take a more active role in the OSU scandal before the bowl game and/or afterwards. Could they have or why didn't the commissioner disallow the 5 OSU players to play in the bowl game in the first place. Did they have to let the NCAA decide for them? I guess I don't want a tattle-tale type atmosphere to exist within the conference but I think if teams realize that what one team does can have a deep impact on the other teams in the conference than maybe that will instill team or conference leaders to have a more proactive approach to managing their own house as opposed to delegating to the NCAA. I'm not sure they don't already do that but wonder if even the threat of this, as now has been mentioned, should cause the Big Twen to reevaluate the order that their house is in and how best to keep it clean.

Comment

• The last tv ban was I think Oklahoma State in the late 80's or right around 1990. And tv bans are stupid. It hurts the entire conference and it's certainly not fair to a team like Miami that's hosting us.

At this point a bowl ban wouldn't surprise me whereas before the latest Terrelle stuff it would have.

Comment

• I agree that I don't want a TV ban, but man, if the NCAA wants to start hitting teams where it hurts, a TV ban would be the way to do it. As Mackenzie said, it would start pushing some of the responsibility up the chain, because if the Big Ten doesn't want OSU games getting blacked out, then maybe they would be more active in making sure this kind of stuff didn't happen.

Probably not, but it is interesting to think about it. What if conferences started writing in by-laws that said schools who garnered TV bans were responsible for the lost revenue that ban caused? Talk about hitting them in the pocketbooks. That would be a strong disincentive for this kind of stuff.

Comment

• Two thing that need looking into before this is over:

1. Braxton Miller's tatoo

2. Ted Ginn Sr.'s bank account
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The state of college football:

1. USC's 2004 national championship taken away.

2. tosu's 2002 national championship, which came as the result of a terrible PI call, in jeopardy as the NCAA digs further.

3. Auburn's 2011 national championship widely regarded as being won on the arm of a player who should have been ineligible.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                      3. Auburn's 2011 national championship widely regarded as being won on the arm of a player who should have been ineligible.
                      And the team that lost that game probably shouldn't have been there either.

Comment

• It is a game where one institution will be recognized for its excellence and integrity and one for its utter depravity.
                        Can U-M really claim "excellence" this close to the RR era and with Mr. Brady still unproven? I'd like to see Brady succeed, don't get me wrong, but for now U-M is more of a Northwestern than a Big 10 Powerhouse.

Oh and Jeff, you need to enter Kool-Aid Anonymous if you keep injecting the kool-aid straight into your veins like that.;):D
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• BTW, Hello DT
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• A while ago there was a post expressing the sentiment something to the effect that perhaps Harvard got it right in reference to choosing between football and academics... or something like that. And, not saying that the post suggested M do that either. But, I'm curious, if CF continues to look less and less like CF, would M moving away from big time CF and big time college sports in general be that appealing or palatable?

Probably have this in the wrong thread although I think this is where the post 1st appeared.

Comment

• November 20, 2010 article.

I hope that, after a thorough internal investigation, they find the perpetrators.

Comment

• College football and basketball are for the most part the exception among college athletics as far as compromising academics for athletics... College football at most schools pays the bills for the entire athletic department budget, allowing a ton of other student athletes to get scholarships that wouldn't if not for the massive amount of revenue college football brings in. Net positive imo...

That said, there is a decent percentage of college football players that have little interest in a degree (some of these kids aren't college material anyway) and would prefer to go directly to a minor league football league and make $15/hour. Those are the type of players coaches shouldn't recruit but some schools in the SEC country have no problem keeping these kids eligible, even graduating them with degrees.

Comment

Working...
                                X