Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, he accepted the decision with a whimper, which guarantees it will happen again. SEC Commissioner would have been pounding the table.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Can you imagine the laugh Mike Sliwe had when Delaney announced the 9th game.

Comment

• Heh. I know.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nick has been lobbying for a 9th conference game the last couple of years.

I loved that Nick had to be told who got in because he was out recruiting.

After this contract runs out, the push for an 8-team will be deafening. I imagine the five P5 conference champs, the best of the G-5, and two wildcards.

Hopefully, they will use the AP, Coaches, and FPI to select the G-5 and two WCs - and not a committee.

Under that system, this year it would be:

Ohio State
          USC
          Clemson
          Georgia
          Oklahoma

Alabama
          Wisconsin

UCF
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It is a great stance to take knowing the votes for it will never be there.

Comment

• The same was said once about this version of playoff, too.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't think they'll push to 8 unless Delaney and Scott want it. And, I guess, the B12 guy, whoever that jackwagon is. But, I don't see Delaney and Scott doing it. They're perfectly fine with a polite "thank you, sir, may I have another."

It'll go to 8 when the SEC gets left out because the SEC wouldn't sit back and take it. So, you know, never.
                Last edited by iam416; December 4, 2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• AA - I was referring to the votes for a 9th SEC game. It will never happen, they laughed about it when the Big Ten did it but is a great way of politicking.

Nick 》》》》 Urban at politicking. Urban over the years has been all over the place taking contradictory public stances depending on the situation. For Nick saying it isn't fair that 3 conferences play 9 conference games is great PR.

Comment

• Jesus.

Comment

• My name is hack.

Comment

• I think The Nick would prefer 9 and all P5 non-conference games. I think that's actually a legitimate belief. It's also easy to say because the SEC ain't doing that no fucking way no fucking how.

Yesterday also had nothing to do with politicking. It had everything to with Alabama. To the extent The Nick was politicking, he was liberal D campaigning in SF vs a tea-party Trumpkin. The die was cast.

Comment

• Going to 8 doesn't change the fundamental mentality or how it impacts the process. It's time to put home/away on the table. They should come up here with the same degree of frequency that we go down there. That's how sports work.

I can't speak for any other conference, but I agree about the comments about Delaney. Until the B1G fields leadership interested in something other than geographical footprint and marketing the brand, we should expect only more of the same. No reasonable expectation that SEC leadership will address the imbalance.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Jesus.

Don't expect rationality here today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              Going to 8 doesn't change the fundamental mentality or how it impacts the process. It's time to put home/away on the table. They should come up here with the same degree of frequency that we go down there. That's how sports work.

I can't speak for any other conference, but I agree about the comments about Delaney. Until the B1G fields leadership interested in something other than geographical footprint and marketing the brand, we should expect only more of the same. No reasonable expectation that SEC leadership will address the imbalance.

They use the major college bowls, not home and away college stadiums. I am very much for not phasing out the Rose/Sugar/Orange. Are the SEC teams advantaged because the Sugar is a reasonable drive? Sure, I guess. The same as some of the P-12 for the Rose. But meh. If you can afford $800 tickets a Southwest flight isn't that bad. Maybe Lucas Oil could host a playoff. I think that would be a cool addition.

Comment

• The Rose has been gutted. It's now just a venue. Play the games anywhere at this point. Oklahoma and Georgia are playing the Rose Bowl this year. USC and OSU are in Dallas. The anachronistic bowl history is dead.

The only people vitally attached to bowl games are the bowl games. Because they know they're just venues now.

So, yes, add Lucas Field, Ford Field, whatever the Vikings place is called. If it can host a Super Bowl it can host a CFB playoff game.

Comment

Working...
                                X