Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know what would be the fucking coolest?

THE FROZEN TUNDRA OF LAMBEAU FIELD.

Comment

• My new push for Ohio State is to nix the home and home model and go for neutral site games against middling SEC teams. Get the Mississippi schools, Arkansas, Kentucky, Vandy -- almost anyone from the East -- on speed dial. Rotate through them with games in Cincinnati, Cleveland or, if necessary, Indy.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You know what would be the fucking coolest?

THE FROZEN TUNDRA OF LAMBEAU FIELD.
        Heh. I know you jest, but it was cool to see LSU and Wisconsin play there. In the summer, but whatever.

I'd go with Soldier Field, but there's no way in god's green earth any of the Commissioners other than Delaney would ever go for that.

More to the point, the current semi-final set up has 1 SEC site every year. Hard to imagine Slive caving on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          My new push for Ohio State is to nix the home and home model and go for neutral site games against middling SEC teams. Get the Mississippi schools, Arkansas, Kentucky, Vandy -- almost anyone from the East -- on speed dial. Rotate through them with games in Cincinnati, Cleveland or, if necessary, Indy.
          Might as well. Neutral sites are lame, as are games against schools like that. But that is what the system incentivizes. Yes, it'll hurt the integrity of the game long-term, but soon enough the game will be played by waterproof swimming robots anyways who can maintain their sideline-to-sideline speed playing in the three feet of water covering the field at traditional outlets such as the Rose, Sugar or Orange. Let's not fear change.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Heh. I know you jest, but it was cool to see LSU and Wisconsin play there. In the summer, but whatever.

I'd go with Soldier Field, but there's no way in god's green earth any of the Commissioners other than Delaney would ever go for that.

More to the point, the current semi-final set up has 1 SEC site every year. Hard to imagine Slive caving on that.
            Chicago? We could never have that. But given our pending detente with Russia, it should be noted that both Moscow and St Petersburg have neautral-site stadiums with a capacity of more than 65,000. Pyongyang has two, but I think there would be some issues in terms of feeding and entertaining visiting alums.

Comment

• Pyongyang has a stadium that can hold something like 125,000. As noted, there are travel issues, but Dennis Rodman said things there are cool, so I think those issues are probably overblown.

Comment

• If you can afford 720,000 wan for a ticket, a Southwest flight isn't that bad.

Comment

• I dunno. Connecting through Guam, Manilla and Vladivostok is a pain in the ass.

Comment

• North Korea recently introduced a high-speed service to Guam, but I'm not sure passenger capacity.

Comment

• There will never be total justice with the CFP until all P5 champs are included. You can say OSU blew their wad in IC but so did Bama at Jordan-Hare...USC in SB...Clemson at Cuse...

Hell make it a 6 team playoff with P5 champs and one wild card. Otherwise...don't schedule shit in OOC play...and hope you only lose one conference game or less...otherwise you're fucked...unless your name is Alabama...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        There will never be total justice with the CFP until all P5 champs are included. You can say OSU blew their wad in IC but so did Bama at Jordan-Hare...USC in SB...Clemson at Cuse...

Hell make it a 6 team playoff with P5 champs and one wild card. Otherwise...don't schedule shit in OOC play...and hope you only lose one conference game or less...otherwise you're fucked...unless your name is Alabama...
                        Sign of the pending apocalypse

Comment

• I think I've seen that proposal before...
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• On the plus side, looks like OSU decommitment train will start soon with Brenton Cox! Huzzah. Off to Bama for him. Sure to be followed by Emory Jones.

Man, good luck trying to get southern commits to stick.

Comment

• STFU
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I kinda see why there were grumblings about Barrett from the OSU fan base early in the year. Very hot and cold. I thought he sucked ass in the second half against Wisky. The next guy will have a shit game or three but you won't miss Barrett all that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X