Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well its over right? Lots of media types are pissed off and this guy doesn't want to let go, is tweeting his ass off right now.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Cody referenced, wtf?

Comment

• McMurphy is awful.

Reading the report only makes the suspension all the more ridiculous. Ohio State better hire a full time staff of private investigators to make sure they know everything about what every employee does in private. He was suspended for not knowing enough.

I think UFM fully expected reinstatement as did the BoT. But Drake and at least 1 or 2 folks with sway would have none of it. And so it went on for 12 hours until they reached some sort of deal and forced UFM to sacrifice himself to the PR gods. Infuriating.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Fauxpelini tweet is all you need on this, gents. "Ohio State investigated Ohio State and decided not to ruin Ohio State". Enjoy the mockery then move on. Time to beat those moral midgets on the field already.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416
              "Wahh woe is me Urban is going to be fired
              From now on, leave the pessimism to the professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                Cody referenced, wtf?

Wait -- are they actually going with the Ambien Defense?

Comment

• From now on, leave the pessimism to the professionals.
                  Heh. I think there a number of other front hole Universities that would have entirely ignored the facts and gone full on appeasement to the #GentryProgs. So, I guess I'm happy that Ohio State isn't a SJW eunoch and didn't completely ignore the facts.

My basic pessimism was initial. Once the facts started coming out I thought he'd probably stay. Going into yesterday I was certain of it and thought they might actually do the right thing.

If you're interested, the findings are here:

https://news.osu.edu/public-records-...g-urban-meyer/

Comment

• Three games OSU wins without Meyer. Then the Big ten play starts in earnest. No team has had it better in the CFP than OSU when it has an early loss. THE BOT aren't stupid. Nothing more than a slap on the hand. but in truth noting more than a slap on the hand was warranted. (I had predicted a one game suspension and was willing to bet 2-1 he wouldn't be fired)

Comment

• You were correct, Stan, though the one-game suspension wasn't quite thought through -- if you thought they were going to suspend him then you had to go 3 because suspending him for the Beav and Rutgers is entirely irrelevant.

One of our attorneys has to sit in on all Board meetings. I'm dying to talk to her about what the 12-hr battle was. I'm sure it was reinstatement vs suspension. I'm guessing Drake and a really prominent donor -- say -- a Wexner -- wanted suspension. UFM was adamant against suspension. So they probably fought over that for hours then spent a few hours reaching a compromise -- like, e.g., -- his full suspension ends on Sept 2 and then he can coach again except for the next two games. And then, of course, to craft some hot garbage statement.

As for the actual 2015 incident, UFM knew, Gene Smith knew, OSU's TITLE IX Coordinator knew, the Powell Police knew, etc. ZS would have been fired if he was actually charged. Man, if the Powell Police had ignored the lack of any corroborating evidence and just charged him then this fiasco never comes up AND OSU likely ends up with far better WR play over the last 3 years.

Comment

• This gives "slap on the wrist" a whole new meaning lol...

Urban Liar survives.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My only question is whether one of ZS's sex toys was used to deliver that slap. I suspect that if there were a public flogging talent would have reached heightened levels of sensitivity.

Comment

• Comment

• LOL, Stan. I forgot about Stan White. You're certainly venerated, but, of course, you're not associated with Ohio State nor are you an athlete because lacrosse is not athletic and, of course, you don't know shit about it.

Glad to post the report. It's a good read. There's no doubt UFM/GS/OSU should have parted ways with ZS awhile ago.

Comment

• Alright, on to football (per AA's request awhile ago for team breakdowns):

QB: Dwayne Haskins. We saw his potential as he came into The Game and shredded Don Brown's vaunted defense. NFL-caliber arm, but he won't run the ball much. There will also be lots of eyes on Joey Burrow and how he does at LSU. Hopefully they both do really well.

RB: JK Dobbins and Mike Weber. Dobbins is the truth and Weber really added some speed last season. I think it's easily the best RB situation in the B10. I'd take Dobbins over anyone and Weber is only behind maybe Taylor.

WR: Austin Mack, Johnnie Dixon and Bin Victor. It should be interesting to see what good coaching can do for this group. Dixon had a nice year last year, but Mack and Victor are the more talented players.This group will be good if Mack emerges as a Michael Thomas type WR. It will be really good if Victor emerges as a credible big-play threat.

HB: Parris Campbell and KJ Hill. Campbell is lightning with the ball. The problem, of course, is that his hands aren't so great. But, he does will with short passes and swing passes (not so much running under deep balls). He's an ideal H-Back in the mold of Jalin Marshall with more speed and not quite so much wiggle. KJ Hill is electric, too, and will see plenty of time.

OT: Isaiah Prince. Two years ago he was a trainwreck. But he's really worked hard and come along. Now he'll actually get drafted.

OT: Thayer Munford. They love Munford. He was sort of a last second addition to the 2016 class (I think). He's an Ohio kid that they get on simmer for a long time before finally pulling the trigger. They love his feet and think he can be a star. I'm fairly certain Nicholas Petit-Frere is ready to go, even as a true frosh, if either gets hurt. NPF will be a first round draft pick in two more seasons, barring injury.

OG/C. So, this a bit tough. I feel pretty good saying that Brandon Bowen will start at OG (if healthy). And I'm certain Michael Jordan starts somewhere. The question is whether it's at G or C. Brady Taylor could be the C, but I'm not so sure they trust him...at all. If Brady Taylor can't perform, they'll move Jordan to C and start Demetrius Knox. Knox is a known quantity at this point -- he's thoroughly average, which may be better than Brady Taylor.

DE: Nick Bosa and Chase Young. So, first, they'll rotate a ton of players. Jonathan Cooper, e.g., should get tons of time. But back to Bosa and Young. Holy fucking hell. Bosa we all know about. He's a top 10 pick and plays that way. Young managed to get time in a stout rotation as a true freshman last year. He's going to be a top 10 pick in the 2020 draft. He's a kid UFM beat out The Nick for, and he's pretty much that hellraising, unblockable DE that Alabama seems to have in spades.

DT: Dre'mont Jones and Bob Landers. I'll do the rotation last for this group. Jones is, ummm, really good. He should get drafted in the first 2 rounds. Bob Landers isn't NFL-sized, necessarily, but he's a lightning quick, low to the ground package of hate and terror. He was another late offer Ohio kid. I watched him play in the D1 title game against St. Ed's and their abnormally gigantic HS line and consistently unblockable and getting 2 steps of penetration before the hand off nearly every play. Great little player. In addition to Landers and Jones, they can run in Auburn transfer Antwuan Jackson, who I think will be really solid, as well as Davon Hamilton -- who played some last year. Plus you have the young pups -- Haskell Garret (Landers-esque) and Tommy Togai -- true frosh that is every bit the big ol' Samoan run stopper with double take quickness that you can imagine. I think Togai will play as a true frosh.

LB: Tuf Borland, Baron Browning, Malik Harrison, ?. It's not all milk and honey. LBs are a bit of question mark. They love Borland and he would have played a lot last year but for injury. They love Browning and his freakish athleticism -- and he's getting it. But they both play MLB. So, does Browning step out? Malik Harrison is probably good enough to produce solid play and then you have the likes of Dante Booker, Keandre Jones and...hmmm.....a bunch of other guys who will produce inconsistent play. I rate this as a real concern. If Browning lives up to this talent then they should be ok.

CB: Damon Arnette, Jeffrey Okudah and Kendall Sheffield. Arnette and Sheffield are both good, solid CBs. Okudah is a potential star. I don't usually worry myself about OSU DBs, but this is the first year with Coombs, who turned out to be a maestro. Hopefully they're able to keep to train moving. Also in the mix -- Shaun Wade.

S: Isaiah Pryor and Jordan Fuller. I think these two are pretty well set and I like them both. I may like Fuller a little more, but I think they're both pretty good. Amir Riep is a solid backup. I could also see Tyreke Johnson (true frosh) earning playing time in the Nickel.

K: The Nurenberg Trials. Yes, I still miss Mike Nugent.

P: Not Cameron Johnston. That's a big loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X