Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Wow. Just wow.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• When Ohio State lost to Purdue someone said it was "just one of those crazy games." That was not true. Purdue killed them. Today, TODAY was one of those crazy ass games.

1. Ohio State is -3 in turnovers for a dead balls 14 points. No guessing. 14.
        2. Maryland put the ball on the field 3 times and recovered all 3 in improbable ways, at least in terms of numbers.
        3. The final Maryland TD in regulation was stunningly amazing. 6 plays for -2 yards. They get a 2nd chance after a dubious pass interference call. Then they score when the fumble into the end zone and it goes right to the only Maryland dude for miles.
        4. A fake punt that is converted into a TD on a 3rd and 6 pass that was really well defended by the WR makes a spectacular catch on a deflected ball.
        5. Two just awful coaching decisions on 4th down. The first was to run Dobbins straight the gut against a blitz and Cover 0. The 2nd was putting OSU LBs blitzing the A gaps on 4th and 3 instead of letting them flow to the ball.
        6. Pigrome dropping in 3 perfect bombs (and missing from 5 yards!).

But all that bullshit aside, the most disconcerting part of the game was the first half running game of Maryland into the boundary. OSU has been getting killed there all year and this game they were obliterated for a half. For the 2nd half, Maryland did almost nothing on the ground. What does that tell you? Schiano was absolutely fucking awful in the first half. I generally try not to overreact, but Schiano has done a really bad job this year. The whole team, I think, was affected by UFM not being there. But Schiano has been terrible. If he left I wouldn't be upset.

HARBAUGH!!!! will carve up that defense and Ohio State's offense isn't good enough to do jack shit againt a decent defense. I stand by my 34 point prediction. I'm thinking 34-0, but 41-7 is possible with a bullshit 4th Q TD.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The entire defensive staff needs to go except LJ

Comment

• That was reminiscent of Devin Gardner failing on the 2-pt conversion in Ann Arbor in 2013. As for next week, never underestimate the influence of the guys in black and white stripes in Columbus. . If you need convincing, watch a replay of the 2016 game.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I'm nearing that conclusion, DSL. They literally gave away 24 points in the first half on COACHING. I mean, sure, White missed a tackle, But a defense that forces the safety to be the only thing to stop an 80 yard TD run isn't sound. Of course, in the 2nd half they correct their overplaying to the wide side; crush the run most of the game and get back into it. But, the fact that first half even happened is a huge indictment of the staff.

Comment

• Rocky:

If Ohio State manages to outgain M and outrush M AGAIN in Columbus then I'll feel pretty good. So, if it's 2016 again, I'll be pretty damn happy.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• As someone without a dog in the fight, it was a fun game to watch. Had to be agony for you, though, Talent.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Comment

• Hopefully M is favored (by -4 or something) so I can make some $$$ off it.
                        OSU winning 13 of 14 in the series. People saying M is going to win is like saying Bigfoot exists. I'll believe M can win when I see it. ... along with every other millennial that is a fan of OSU or M. M finding some way to lose to OSU is a guarantee in the 21st century.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Rocky:

If Ohio State manages to outgain M and outrush M AGAIN in Columbus then I'll feel pretty good. So, if it's 2016 again, I'll be pretty damn happy.
                            Doesn't matter. Michigan is overrated. Losing to Indiana at half. Big Ten not very strong this year. Win/lose whatever.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Big Ten is shit. I agree with you on that.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X