Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henne, Denard, Speight and others. It's what happens when the next best option isn't as good the starter with an injury.

I don't know much about Lewerke's back-up but in 2016 with the cluster-fuck that was JOK, fans wondered WTF was going on with Peters ..... why isn't he ready to go, what is JH thinking. We'll when Peters finally took the field it turned out he wasn't much of a step up from O'Korn.

Tell me about Lombardi.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• shaddup
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Lewerke we saw was no threat to throw a ball more than fifteen yards downfield. Lombardi should've played vs M. No idea how healthy Lewerke is today.

Comment

• Sparty is a wounded duck. I see dead Spartans.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Henne, Denard, Speight and others. It's what happens when the next best option isn't as good the starter with an injury.

I don't know much about Lewerke's back-up but in 2016 with the cluster-fuck that was JOK, fans wondered WTF was going on with Peters ..... why isn't he ready to go, what is JH thinking. We'll when Peters finally took the field it turned out he wasn't much of a step up from O'Korn.

Tell me about Lombardi.
            Lombardi is ready to go and he is good. Lewerke says he isn't hurt but has a sharp pain when he throws, which is weird if he isn't hurt.

Comment

• We all thought Peters was good ...... based on what? Unsubstantiated insider hype. He looked like a deer in the headlights when he went in live. He showed some skills but he's never played with much confidence or fearlessness. The OL was pretty bad but after he took a few hits, he was so tentative that he couldn't make plays. He also didn't have great escapability or pocket presence. He was OK for one half v. Usc in the Outback. Then Usc went ahead, he felt pressure to get back in the game, took a few hits and went into a shell.

I just don't think you know about a QB until he's out there live and under pressure. I've not seen enough of Lombardi to even hazard a guess. Would you say the MSU coaching staff and Dantonio himself think he is "good" as you say he is? I'm skeptical.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Lombardi has already played and he has played well. He can actually throw the ball. Who cares about Peters?

Comment

• Brought Peters up in a comparative sense ...... M fans thought he was good based on not a lot of solid evidence he was. When he went live, he wasn't.

MSU fans think Lombardi is >>>> Lewerke based on limited (I assume) live action. Grass is greener?

I'm skeptical but I hope he gets a shot if Lewerke looks shaky.

Comment

• The backup QB is always the most popular player on the team to the fans when the starter is struggling or isn't very good

Comment

• The backup is popular because right now the starter cannot throw the ball and says he has sharp pain every time he throws it. Its not good Cotton. Its not about the grass being greener, its about that health. Its not a hard concept.

Comment

• Your questioning Dantoino on a player health? I LOVE IT!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          The backup is popular because right now the starter cannot throw the ball and says he has sharp pain every time he throws it. Its not good Cotton. Its not about the grass being greener, its about that health. Its not a hard concept.
                          Sure, it isn't a hard concept but it seems to me that if an injured Lewerke is going to start over an uninjured back-up, Lewerke, whatever he is suffering from, is perceived by the coaching staff as more likely to win the football game than the back-up. Right?

So, by extension, you think Dantonio is making a mistake by not starting Lombardi.

That's also not a hard concept.

Comment

• It was clear all along I was criticizing Dantonio. I don't think he is risking the guy's health though, but he is playing the wrong guy if he is throwing like he did last week.

Comment

• At least Dantonio still controls the weather

Comment

• The weather is the weather, it's Michigan

Comment

Working...
                                X