Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State will need a lot of help to make it in the playoffs.
    Based on TCU's schedule, they should win out. A one loss TCU team is obviously more deserving than a one loss OSU team based on schedule and teams they have faced.

Florida State, Oregon / Arizona State, and a SEC team are likely the other 3 unless the SEC beats up on each pretty bad in the last month.
    If FSU loses @ Miami and that's it... Wow... The debate will get more interesting.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ohio State isn't making the playoffs. But Ohio State will get another shot at Indy, which is about the most I realistically hoped for from this team.

JT Barrett was just fantastic last night. He made 3 or 4 deep throws that were inch perfect and, in the case of the 3rd and 23, absolutely clutch. I would have never had OSU winning comfortably AND being at -2 in turnovers AND dropping a gimme interception and being unable to get either of the MSU fumbles. Great gameplan by Herman. MSU ain't what they were last year (that Dennard guy, yeah, GOOD) -- but they're still solid on defense.

Next season is when Ohio State, IMO, makes the jump from really good B10 team to being an actual elite contender of, dare I say, SEC West quality.

I'm stunned the Over paid -- by nearly halftime. But I can chalk that up as a bad play. Losing LSU +6' was the right play a million times over and that didn't pay -- that's a loss that totally fucking blows. That's right up there with M -1' -- give up a horrible TD drive to a horrible team and then that horrible team robs you of your opportunity to re-cover by a dipshitted and just plain awful 2pt attempt. Woof.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Aside from JTB, my other thought for the night is "God Bless Ed Warriner". The OL play in 2011 was vomit-inducing. By 2013 that unit was a massive strength and, to support that, now has 3 of 4 who graduated last season are now STARTING in the NFL. As rookies.

This season he took over the most inexperienced OL in the nation with a bunch of modest talent (by recruiting ratings). And that unit is now bordering on a strength -- even though Billy Price still can't pass protect (but he's inching closer to competent).

Warriner gets shit from OSU fans for an inability to recruit even though OSU has actually brought in some really good OL under him. Apparently he's not a salesmen -- very direct and no-nonsense, which plays with some recruits and doesn't with others. In any event, that guy should be the highest paid position coach in the country. What he's done is amazing.

Compare and contrast with Funkaholic.

Comment

• But we got KALIS! So suck on that Mr. "We're all awesome at football".

Comment

• Hope Kalis enjoys the choices he made in life.

Comment

• The thing I like about Ohio State's O-line is their ability to hold properly. There is an art to holding in the interior line and not getting called for it nearly as much as you should. Proper hand placement in relation to the where the H ref and the L ref are pays dividends and frustrates the D. Turns a one yard gain into a three or a four. You practice those grabs outside the frame in practice - almost like a kata in martial arts.

Bama does it. Most of Miss State's success isn't Dak, it's their oline.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Oh sure, everyone has to walk that line. Once they changed rules to allow you to block with your hands, the art was keeping everything interior.

Miss St has a good OL and, perhaps, the dirtiest OL I've seen since Conrad Dobler -- that blond ponytail dude. The Nick will surely find a way to rip out that dude's still beating heart and feed it to pigeons.

Comment

• Heh. Mike, Kalis should be a quality OL. Kid had the talent and disposition coming out of HS to develop into a really good interior OL.

Comment

• Yeah, Miss State's oline is filthy. I have to tip my hat to them.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• When Shane Morris was getting his brains beaten in, Kalis shrugged and walked away...

Comment

• Kalis = Callous

Comment

• Speaking of oline. Auburn does this a lot:

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

Comment

• I judge holding now based on DL reaction. There are few complaints about the holding that occurs inside the shoulders -- they know it's not going to get called -- which, I guess, makes it not holding. They complain when it fairly obvious.

Yeah, Miss State's oline is filthy. I have to tip my hat to them.
                            Alabama has had their share, too. I find particularly offensive the Alabama tradition of giving OL pants that several sizes too small providing various partial moon shots throughout the game. I imagine it's fairly disgusting for opposing DL. Granted, it's not stomping on someone's chest, but it's a small advantage -- like Mark Schlereth -- who says he would piss his pants during the game for exactly that sort of psychological edge.

Comment

• lol.

Oh. Bama's oline in 2009, 2011 and 2012 were brutal. A mean-spirited bunch who got as much joy out of causing pain as they did having the RB get to the second level. It was glorious.

You don't want poets or humanitarians out there. You want warriors who arrive at their targets in a bad mood.

Comment

• The OHIO BULL$HIT THREAD - They like them Grown & Sexy!-

Big10 is officially out of the playoff
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X