Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't know shit about Ray Perkins.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ryan Day's contract is not that big. 5 years, $20 million (or around $4M per year). Jeff Brohm is making $2M per year more than Day if true.
      and holy shit, I didn't realize Chris Holtmann is the 3rd highest paid college basketball coach. $7M+ per year.

Holtmann is making $3M+ per year more than Day!
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Well, he's only won 3 games so far.

Urban Meyer will join Jim Tressel in never winning B10 COY. For those keeping score at home, that's 17 seasons with a record of 191-31, 10 B10 titles, 4 CG appearances, 2 CFP appearances and 2 national titles. It's 186-26 over 16 if you take out Tressel's shitty first year.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Urban Meyer will join Jim Tressel in never winning B10 COY. .
          Makes me think of the Cecil Hurt quote in his article today about Mark Stoops being named SEC COY:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            That dude is never retiring,
            Yeah well, you know, he just did
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Rutgers has two more losses this season (11 losses) than Urban Meyer his entire career at Ohio State (9 losses).

Ohio State was so excellent that I remember each loss off the top of my head.
              V-Tech, Clemson, MSU, Penn St, MSU, Clemson, Iowa, Oklahoma, and Purdue.
              And that Purdue win was awesome
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• He will be back rested and claiming hes healthy in 2020 (USC) Hes a liar, win at all costs HC " Its complicated " says it all.

Comment

• Any time someone says they ``believe'' something to be true...

Then again it's just a press conference.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• meyer just issued a fitting fuck you to osu....... or he really is having a problem with his medical condition. Pick one.

Medically, I am unaware of and further, I can find nothing in the medical literature that associates stress with worsening of the condition (Arachnoid Cyst) that meyer suffers from. The condition is rare. Headaches are a common symptom. So are other neurological features that occur when the cyst causes increased intracranial pressures. Latest therapies involve minimally invasive endoscopic procedures that intend to reduce the fluid build-up within the cyst thereby decreasing intracranial pressure.

My take is that the cyst, in an of itself, is not likely to be life threatening. Few of them are but I don't have ufm's medical record so, I'm just guessing. If he was experiencing other neuro symptoms beyond headaches, such as motor symptoms, speech or memory impairment, that would be a very big deal and would warrant stepping away from football much like Jerry Kill had to do with his seizures ..... and these can be brought on by stress.

There is no way for us to know with any certainty which of the above is the actual reason for meyer's retirement. Knowing what I know about meyer I'd say there is a good chance this is a fuck you osu thing with a convenient medical condition for meyer to say he's not angry about the shit the osu BoT put him though .... and you all know how I felt about that. He got screwed, IMO.

I like ryan day, or should I say I respect him. IMO, he was THE GUY that destroyed Jim Harbaugh's Fortress M approach to CFB. The offense he apparently inspired at osu with haskins running it was masterful and I'd call it the leading edge of CFB offense to come. He'll do well but I agree with talent on recruiting. It's going to be a step back.

I can't say it will advantage M. I'd have to say I'm down on M football right now. That might change but I'm done with the dong punches, all 10-15 years of them. Don't need that. Harbaugh has been a disappointment for me. His version of CFB - the one I actually was behind for a long time - is too easily rendered ineffective by the kind of offense that osu and others have adopted. Jim''s offense is fine to a point but it's not going to deliver Championships and that is now obvious to me and should be to even casual observers.

I continue to hear all the fancy stats used in support of what he is doing. I did it. I've now stopped that. It's stupid when M, under Harbaugh, can't deliver big wins to push the program into the company of today's elites. osu pantsed him and so would have Clemson and Alabama. That reality is not going to change if JH continues with is Fortress M approach on offense.

The character of The Game will change. We're just getting too far away from the "10 year War", Bo, Woody, Cooper, Tressel. 1 win for M over osu in 14 tries assures those days are gone ..... ufm was the last of osu's greatest and he upheld the osu tradition of humiliating Michigan football just like Woody started that tradition with the final 2 point conversion because he could. ufm, during his tenure as osu's HC, vanquished all Michigan football pretenders including who every M fan thought would return the osu/M rivalry to it's former greatness, Jim Harbaugh.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 4, 2018, 10:42 PM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, he was just mirroring language, not really responding to real questions. Is a press conference.

Comment

• meyer just issued a fitting fuck you to osu....... or he really is having a problem with his medical condition. Pick one
                            There is actually a third theory floating -- UFM was "fired" in the summer, but they let him coach out this year after the suspension. That is crazy talk in my book, but such is the way of theories.

This probably is a true "time will tell" sort of thing. If he stays on at OSU in some capacity it becomes harder to imagine that he was forced out or that he's telling OSU to fuck off.

But the reasons are inconsequential. He's earned the right to do whatever the fuck he wants AFAIC. The fact that he's gone is consequential./ The real deal is the What not the Why.

There is just no fucking way Ohio State doesn't fall back. I always knew they would when UFM left because, I mean, he's UFM. So, this position was coming. I like Ryan Day, but I'm not sold. This isn't typically the job where you learn how to be a HC. I dunno. I'm encouraged a little by the success of a few first time coaches in at major CFB schools (even though Dabo took awhile) as well as the NFL. But, Ryan Day ain't UFM. I also don't think he's Brady Hoke. So, I'm cautiously optimistic that OSU keep itself in the top 10, but staying in the top 3 just isn't going to happen.

And, to reiterate, UFM is a great, great recruiter. It's going to make me sad in 4 years when I see all these kids from 2020 class that should have been playing for OSU killing it at other schools.

Comment

• Ryan day will have access to Ohio states massive resources, as long as he knows how to hire and keep excellent coaches (DC hire will be key) the Buckeyes will be in excellent shape. He's inherited amazing talent unlike say Fickell.

Comment

• Yeah, I shit on Fickell for 2011, but he was put in a tough spot. He had his 4 best players suspended or flat gone. He took over the job in June. He had no ability to shape his staff. He was basically thrown to the wolves. However, he did start Bausermann over Braxton for 5 games. But, the bottom line is that he was put in a really tough spot. And I was really, really glad UFM kept him on the staff. And I'm happy that he's getting a chance to show what he can do as HC in normal circumstances. I think he's solid coach who should end up with a pretty good job before it's all said and done.

But, back to Ryan Day, yeah -- next year's team is going to be extremely talented. The one area where it will have question marks is in some places on offense, but that's Day's wheelhouse. He's going to need to coach and win before he can KILL recruiting. He's not getting the 10 top 50 players in 2020 that UFM was going to get (IMO). But, he can still put together a pretty good class. By all accounts he's a really good recruiter, so I'm not that concerned -- provided he wins. I think recruiting goes better when you sell results instead of a vision. Day needs some results. So, that's why I think recruiting takes a real hit for 2 years and then gets back to top 5 range after that (if he's winning).

Comment

Working...
                                X