Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
    I knew it was coming but as expected delusional Ohio fans came here and wanted to tell us how what they did wasn't so bad compared to this.
    If it's "delusional" that we think Tressel breaking NCAA rules isn''t as bad as Penn State letting Sandusky molest kids and covering it up, does that mean it's rational to think the two crimes (and I use the word crime loosely since Tressel broke no laws) are roughly comparable?

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      I knew it was coming but as expected delusional Ohio fans came here and wanted to tell us how what they did wasn't so bad compared to this.
      Maybe you can work your logic the way Jeff does.

"On a scale of one to ten of NCAA compliance with 1 being Saint Bo and 10 being Jim Tressel, Jim Tressel scores a 10. On a scale of one to ten of evilness with Mother Teresa being a 1 and Hitler being a 10, Hitler scores a 10. Therefore based on their respective scales, Tressel and Hitler are extremely comparable."

Just replace Hitler with Sandusky I guess. Based on context. Based on their respective spheres. Some bullshit like that

Comment

• They are very different situations/incidents that really don't deserve any comparison to each other...

Feel free to compare what Ohio did to the mess in Miami or the situation in NC but your really, really grasping if your trying to make less of the issue your in if your comparing your situation to PSU's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          If it's "delusional" that we think Tressel breaking NCAA rules isn''t as bad as Penn State letting Sandusky molest kids and covering it up, does that mean it's rational to think the two crimes (and I use the word crime loosely since Tressel broke no laws) are roughly comparable?

Thou shalt not Lie?

Tressel as a Catholic, this means something.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Here's something else I'll compare. I'll wager that this board won't spend 1/10 of the time and energy talking about Sandusky & Penn State & the coverup as you did talking about Tressel. One deals with federal crimes being committed, sexual abuse, and an internal cover-up. The other deals with a game's rules being broken.

All I've ever heard about Michigan Men is how you're pretty much the greatest fans on the planet and morally superior to every other fanbase because winning and the actual game isn't that important. Here you have a chance to express that and denounce those fans who would compare cheating at a football game to Hitler or child molestation.

Comment

• There isn't anywhere near as much to talk about, the PSU situation is very black and white...

The situation at OSU is again, VERY DIFFERENT, lots of gossip, anonymous sources and a prolonged investigation. They really can't be compared in the least but I don't expect you to stop trying as it'll make you feel a tiny bit better about yourself.

Comment

• "Here's something else I'll compare. I'll wager that this board won't spend 1/10 of the time and energy talking about Sandusky & Penn State & the coverup as you did talking about Tressel. One deals with federal crimes being committed, sexual abuse, and an internal cover-up. The other deals with a game's rules being broken. "

That's one of the most moronic comments you've ever made on this board. First of all, an incredible amount of posts that last two days have dealt with the sexual scandal unfolding at PSU. Second, as heinous as the allegations coming out of PSU are, they don't affect the integrity of the game whereas OSU's lying and cheating did . Third, as heinous as Joepa's cover-up is, he's not a lying hypocrite like Tressel who made big bucks with his phony "molder of men in a Christian tradition" crap. You still root for a corrupt program DSSL. the scandal in Happy Valley will never change that.

Comment

• I'll wager that this board won't spend 1/10 of the time and energy talking about Sandusky & Penn State & the coverup as you did talking about Tressel.
                  Well, duh ...

We dislike you guys more than we dislike Penn State.

But back to the real world for a moment.

I think most of us Michigan Men (that you seem to dislike a lot) in here, expect that the local law enforcement agencies in Pennsylvania are going to carry out a thorough investigation, and prosecute anyone that is involved in this matter. For me, I have confidence that the good people of Pennsylvania who sit on a jury will find those responsible guilty, and dole out the appropriate punishment.

I do NOT trust the NCAA to hand out appropriate punishment to OlieO State. The organization is filled with hypocrites, and people who have a deep man love for OlieO. I think in less than 3 years, Saint Jim will be back in a major HC job somewhere. That should not be allowed to happen, but it will.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                    "Here's something else I'll compare. I'll wager that this board won't spend 1/10 of the time and energy talking about Sandusky & Penn State & the coverup as you did talking about Tressel. One deals with federal crimes being committed, sexual abuse, and an internal cover-up. The other deals with a game's rules being broken. "

That's one of the most moronic comments you've ever made on this board. First of all, an incredible amount of posts that last two days have dealt with the sexual scandal unfolding at PSU. Second, as heinous as the allegations coming out of PSU are, they don't affect the integrity of the game whereas OSU's lying and cheating did . Third, as heinous as Joepa's cover-up is, he's not a lying hypocrite like Tressel who made big bucks with his phony "molder of men in a Christian tradition" crap. You still root for a corrupt program DSSL. the scandal in Happy Valley will never change that.
                    Stan, even you can surely count, and the number of posts devoted to this topic do not even begin to compare to the number of posts devoted to hating Tressel, hating OSU, and expressing glee and relief at Tressel's fall.

Secondly, the bolded portion I've highlighted makes my point for me. As heinous as the crime was, well, at least it didn't affect the integrity of the game. Wow. I thought the game itself took a backseat to morals, honesty, and all that bullshit you love to claim Michigan represents (while the athletic department is run by a bunch of backstabbers, incompetents, and bickering rivals).

And you go on to even state that even if JoePa helped cover things up, AT LEAST he's not a hypocrite like Tressel. Wow, again. For one, I'm amazed that you think Tressel's lies are worse than Paterno potentially covering up child abuse. Secondly, Penn State has always lived by a similar puke-inducing holier-than-thou credo of doing things "the right way". This completely punctures a hole in that balloon.

Comment

• "Stan, even you can surely count, and the number of posts devoted to this topic do not even begin to compare to the number of posts devoted to hating Tressel, hating OSU, and expressing glee and relief at Tressel's fall. "

Uh ..gee. the PSU scandal is two days old. the OSU scandal is almost a full year old. You think that might have some affect upon the sheer volume of posts? Oh ..wait.. no you haven't figured that out. Whatever happens at PSU can't erase the stink that eminates out of Columbus. Deal with it DSL. (and I want to be sure you remember that I posted that the support given to these scum bag child molesters and those that covered it up by the president of PSU makes Gee's support of Gene Smith look more than reasonable)

Comment

• You are more fair than most Michigan fans, Stan, I will give you that. Mainly because you don''t cloak your hate for us in the tongue-clicking, finger-wagging, moral priggishness that characterizes most of the Michigan fanbase.

What's the old joke about Baptists not recognizing each other at the liquor store? Michigan fans are mostly like that

Comment

• First, second & third, are merely separated by 10 confidence points, The Prime's analytics will hold as 58.2% selection buffer is considerably better than any competitor. At this point, it's merely prudent-confidence-point-disbursement. Don't worry fellas, I will not let you down.
                          What a terrible year I have had, though still in it. I need a strong couple weeks to finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            What's the old joke about Baptists not recognizing each other at the liquor store? Michigan fans are mostly like that
                            You're right. Just look at how all Michigan fans are in denial about the Fab Five and totally not accepting that we had a crooked program and deserved to be punished for it.

Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself.

Comment

• The irony of this conversation that hasn't even been brought up yet is -- OSU just proudly accepted a freshman into the 2011 recruiting class who was arrrested for fondling as many as eight girls at his high school.

But Jim Tressel is a man of integrity and honor.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; November 6, 2011, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Ah yes, maybe it's time we fully chronicled the shenanigans at Michigan over the years beginning from the start of the Carr era. Part I in an ongoing series

Marcus Ray, Sam Sword, William Carr (Credit Card Fraud)
                                Misters Ray, Sword, and Carr pled guilty on April 26, 1995 to stealing a clasmate's credit card and using it to rack up several hundreds of dollars in merchandise at an Ann Arbor mall. Their punishment is to miss the remainder of spring practic, which has already concluded. None of the three miss an actual game.

Source: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...2339%2C5141014

Brian Griese (Malicious Property Destruction)
                                After being tossed out of a Washtenaw County bar for being a drunken boor, Mr. Griese tried to gain re-admittance to the esteemed establishment. When the entry-way was barred by a bouncer, he uttered a great stream of profanities and proceeded to smash the bar's large window.

Source: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...5188%2C5584504

Chuck Winters (Domestic Violence/Battery and Assualt)
                                Mr. Winters had a difference of opinion with his step-father, one Horace Winters, so he took a baseball bat, knocked Horace to the ground, and began beating him.

Steve Frazier and Aaron Shea (Reckless Behavior)
                                Mr. Shea and Frazier host a keg party in their dorm room, only to have it accidentally burn down, with the entire building being evacuated

Pretty mild stuff compared with what's to come...the late 90's would mean drug issues, a K-Mart embezzlement ring, and Ed Martin comes to light. Join us next time!

Comment

Working...
                                X