Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, it's only 2 for one season. Basically OSU has two less schollies to give out for 2012, and then they give out the same in 2013 that they would have otherwise given out without any penalties.

Comment

• fuzzy math

Comment

• The timing might be right for the poster child of compliance to hurry and get this wrapped up while Happy Valley is on center stage.

Comment

• the poster child of compliance"
          ohio state is no longer to be referred to as tOSU, but from now on is to be known as tPCoC

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Watch the reaction to Fickell change after he beats Hoke in 16 days. He'll go from a punchline to a hated cheater. There will suddenly be much more talk around here on how "he must have known" that Tressel made cash payments to players for three decades.

No one beats Michigan honestly. Ever
            Some teams might beat Michigan honestly, but apparently OSU under Tressel wasn't one of them.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Funny thing about the failure to monitor charge. It seems to me that not too long ago we were hearing how many violations OSU was reporting. If they weren't even looking and they found that many violations, how many violations must there be?
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by DennisT View Post
                The timing might be right for the poster child of compliance to hurry and get this wrapped up while Happy Valley is on center stage.
                Ding, ding!

Suspiciously coincidental. gene smith is a fucktard. I have no doubt in my mind the release of the osu findings by osu principals is being done under the cover of the PSU mess.

Classic.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Almost as classic as releasing the info immediately AFTER signing day.

Comment

• Thanks for reminding me of that ........

osu administration is SEC level sleezy.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yup, that athletic department needs its house cleaned; looks like that won't happen.

Comment

• The brilliance of the OSU AD can't be underestimated. To delay the release of that report until the inevitable scandal of the century hit was brilliant foresight. Absolutely amazing. Of course, maybe they should have not submitted it until the scandal of the century blew over -- like, say, after signing day.

Bah, nevermind. I'll stick to posting facts and rumors from sources you folks aren't likely to peruse as they come up.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Of course it has been widely reported in the Media for months that the NCAA would release its findings and penalize repeat offender OSU by Mid-November. However, Let's hope JoePa stays center stage and pushes the punishment, post-season.

Kindly never use brilliance & OSU in any future sentence or in any context, for that matter.
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 12, 2011, 08:25 AM.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I don't think the Paterno thing will change any NCAA timing on anything. That is going to be a criminal investigation and I highly doubt the NCAA will even be involved.

Comment

• If only the NCAA had some balls, even in this "non-capital punishment era" OSU would still be swinging from the gallows.

Ohio State president disappointed in AD Gene Smith's handling of DiGeronimo

PUBLISHED Friday, Nov 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm EST

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...#ixzz1dUtJpIt9

Ohio State booster Bobby DiGeronimo denied accusations made by former OSU coach Jim Tressel and others about actions the program took against him.

DiGeronimo allegedly paid nine Ohio State players for either attending one of his charity events or for working for his company. The NCAA deemed it an extra benefit and has charged OSU for a “failure to monitor.” Meanwhile, the school has penalized itself with the reduction of five scholarship over a three-year period from 2012-2014.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith's actions involving Bobby DiGeronimo were "insufficient," school president Gordon Gee says. (AP Photo)
                              DiGeronimo spoke to The Plain Dealer of Cleveland and said athletic director Gene Smith and Tressel have lied about him.

In the NCAA report, Tressel said he kicked DiGeronimo out of the locker room where he was hiding to listen to a pregame speech in 2001 or 2002. DiGeronimo called it “baloney,” adding, “that’s as low as I’ve heard.” He says he had a pass that allowed him the locker room.

DiGeronimo, who was told by OSU to distance himself from the program, said he got “mixed signals.”

“My guess is that Gene needs a villain in this case and, unfortunately, it’s me,” he told the Plain Dealer. “What’s surprising is the inaccuracies in the reports I have seen from him. I have letters from OSU that he would not want me to make public. I wouldn’t do that to the school I have loved all these years in spite of Gene Smith.”

DiGeronimo did not speak to NCAA investigators when asked.

The NCAA Committee on Infractions is scheduled to hear again from OSU on Dec. 10, but OSU has asked that the committee consider the case on a conference call the week of Nov. 28. The COI will consider matters relating to DiGeronimo as well as the tattoo scandal that took place under Tressel’s watch. Ohio State could have more scholarship losses, postseason bans or more.

OSU president Gordon Gee said in a letter to Smith indicated his athletics director could have done more:

“I am aware that you took certain actions and believed you had appropriately distanced him from the program. However, the revelations about student employment and student involvement at the Cleveland-area charity gala, both involving Mr. DiGeronimo, indicated that those cautions were insufficient. The consequences were significant for student-athletes and this institution.

“I am disappointed that this is where we find ourselves. You know I find this unacceptable. Nevertheless, we have learned from these experiences.”
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 12, 2011, 08:31 AM.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• tPCoC President Gordy GeeWhiz:
                                “I am disappointed that this is where we find ourselves. You know I find this unacceptable. Nevertheless, we have learned from these experiences.”
                                Then FIRE GeneGenie Smith, Gordy! Looks to me like the only thing tPCoC's (the Poster Child of Compliance) administration has "learned from these experiences" is that they have to do a better job of lying, of damage control, of evading detection of their sins

Comment

Working...
                                X